HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Edr1971

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Why do electronic delivery ones get pulled
This close to the game the only ones still left are thrones that are last minute pick up location which is usually a table set in a bar or hotel within a block of the arena

Old
06-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Damn...

Old
06-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

guess ill go for game 5, pending it goes that far

Old
06-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Gonna go bash my head against a brick wall. there were tix available for 170ish after fees 15 mins ago and I didnt take them

Old
06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Ya I will but idk if theyll get lower than this
Generally speaking, in a situation like this I think your best bet is to pick a price range ahead of time where you're ok purchasing, and don't second guess it if it ends up lower. Judging from the following posts, it sounds like you didn't buy something, either because the inventory went too quick, or possibly just weren't ready to make the move on what you saw. Regardless, moving forward that may be your best strategy (assuming you're unhappy you weren't able to snag some seats today. If you're content, totally disregard then). Its far better to kick yourself for possibly spending $20-$30 more than you potentially could have than to kick yourself for getting shut out because you kept waiting for a better deal. At least in my opinion. For others that really don't mind missing out it may be another story.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
a hat???...hehe. I'm giving mine to my daughter but i will try to snag another one for ya
If you can that would be awesome!

Hats too expensive, but I'll get ya a brew I'll be at loft47. Red Kovalchuck t-shirt and shorts with red/yellow plaid patches.

You're the best man! Enjoy from the inside!

Old
06-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
They go off 2 hours before start, that's why club guy absolutely panicked
This is good info. I was wondering why I was seeing crazy prices all of a sudden. Note to self: 5:50 to 6:00 is the time to jump on SH.

(I too had those $161 clubs in the my cart and then *poof*)

Old
06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Generally speaking, in a situation like this I think your best bet is to pick a price range ahead of time where you're ok purchasing, and don't second guess it if it ends up lower. Judging from the following posts, it sounds like you didn't buy something, either because the inventory went too quick, or possibly just weren't ready to make the move on what you saw. Regardless, moving forward that may be your best strategy (assuming you're unhappy you weren't able to snag some seats today. If you're content, totally disregard then). Its far better to kick yourself for possibly spending $20-$30 more than you potentially could have than to kick yourself for getting shut out because you kept waiting for a better deal. At least in my opinion. For others that really don't mind missing out it may be another story.
Well, in this case, the holds from Game 1 pretty much dicked everyone here.

Most normal people wouldn't even know about that, so we all took it up the ass waiting.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:16 PM
guyincognito

Meanwhile the college students still have their $90 tickets. Man, Eric must have gotten some death threats to pull the holds off the market.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
I just didnt know about the 6pm thing. That ****ed me more than anything

Old
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

it's not a 6 pm thing more so than it is 2 hours before game time

Old
06-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Meanwhile the college students still have their $90 tickets. Man, Eric must have gotten some death threats to pull the holds off the market.
It's probably partially our fault for making such a big deal about them. In the future, if I get a crazy deal I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Old
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Yah thats what I meant...

So is there zero chance for lower TM prices? I keep pulling tix up

Old
clarkyscrew

I hope they offer 90$ for a potential game 7. I missed out on the college offer and won't be in town for game 5. I really really hope they do that deal for game 7.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:20 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
It's probably partially our fault for making such a big deal about them. In the future, if I get a crazy deal I'm keeping my mouth shut.
It's silly, if you have to do that to your holds, your prices are too high to begin with. I played that game and got burnt when I passed on a ton of stuff, so it's my own fault, but it would have been nice if someone said that wasn't happening, since we all got burnt by it.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Well, in this case, the holds from Game 1 pretty much dicked everyone here.

Most normal people wouldn't even know about that, so we all took it up the ass waiting.
Quote:

Going by the way things were the other day probably made it a little more difficult to gauge how it would pan out here. I definitely understand the waiting, especially since Game 1 left many tickets show up practically out of nowhere. I didn't know about the timing with tickets being pulled either. But variables like that is kind of what supports my general notion. That's the mindset I have when purchasing tickets for an event though, so it doesn't work for everyone. I would rather know I'm going and deal with the fact I may have saved a few dollars than miss out because I was too hesitant. It goes along with what some were arguing when saying they were satisfied with purchasing via the pre-sale for game 1, just without the extreme disparity in ticket prices between the original and stubhub coming into the equation.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
It's silly, if you have to do that to your holds, your prices are too high to begin with. I played that game and got burnt when I passed on a ton of stuff, so it's my own fault, but it would have been nice if someone said that wasn't happening, since we all got burnt by it.
Exactly. I took the bait hook, line and sinker waiting on TM. I would hit up that mezz seat for $171 after fees a half hour ago had I know. Oh well. Live and learn.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

well these other SH tix are slowly coming down haha

Old
06-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
That's why I was surprised when at 5:30 you still found tickets, but I forgot Gametime is 8pm now.

Ah, Jersey hockey in June... Love it

Old
06-02-2012, 05:24 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Going by the way things were the other day probably made it a little more difficult to gauge how it would pan out here. I definitely understand the waiting, especially since Game 1 left many tickets show up practically out of nowhere. I didn't know about the timing with tickets being pulled either. But variables like that is kind of what supports my general notion. That's the mindset I have when purchasing tickets for an event though, so it doesn't work for everyone. I would rather know I'm going and deal with the fact I may have saved a few dollars than miss out because I was too hesitant. It goes along with what some were arguing when saying they were satisfied with purchasing via the pre-sale for game 1, just without the extreme disparity in ticket prices between the original and stubhub coming into the equation.
Well, the thing is that the inventory is there. If they hadn't put TM up, I wouldn't have expected it at all, you can still pull club pairs and obviously the Jets fan with nothing to do pulled them in other areas.

So hell, maybe they cost themselves buys too. Probably killed a couple of resellers as well.

Basically, long story short, this postseason has been a mess with what they're doing. Probably found a way to piss off everyone.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

I've found singles in every price range except the absolute cheapest one...will they just go to waste?

No chance for a dscount?

Old
06-02-2012, 05:27 PM
BenedictGomez
1st 2say Fire DeBoer

Quote:
subway sandwiches. there's still inventory but we gotta protect the fools who paid $300+ for cheapseats. I can understand not putting the clubs out, but
Pretty much. I figured this would happen though this time given the comments. Never know, they still could do it at 7pm, but my guess is no dice. However, the probability of this game being announced as a sellout? 100%.

If you think about about, there probably should be a law that team's cant do that, although in this particular case, the remaining inventory is VERY THIN, but there are plenty of teams in various sports that have KerBillions of tickets left and announce a "fairytale sellout".

Tthe reality is that they are falsely creating an untrue market impression (i.e. manipulating the market).

Quote:
They go off 2 hours before start, that's why club guy absolutely panicked
This happens more often that you think, you can score crazy deals <20 minutes before the expiration. I've seen Clubs sell for as little as $60 for a midweek crappy opponent.

Quote:
Gonna go bash my head against a brick wall. there were tix available for 170ish after fees 15 mins ago and I didnt take them
HTH cheap were you expecting to be able to get tickets for? Happy Meal pricing?

Quote:
I posted that info last night!

Old
06-02-2012, 05:29 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
I've found singles in every price range except the absolute cheapest one...will they just go to waste?

No chance for a dscount?
There's pairs too.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
There's pairs too.
So what's the deal with them? Empty seats?

Old
06-02-2012, 05:31 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Pretty much. I figured this would happen though this time given the comments. Never know, they still could do it at 7pm, but my guess is no dice. However, the probability of this game being announced as a sellout? 100%.

If you think about about, there probably should be a law that team's cant do that, although in this particular case, the remaining inventory is VERY THIN, but there are plenty of teams in various sports that have KerBillions of tickets left and announce a "fairytale sellout".

Tthe reality is that they are falsely creating an untrue market impression (i.e. manipulating the market).

This happens more often that you think, you can score crazy deals <20 minutes before the expiration. I've seen Clubs sell for as little as $60 for a midweek crappy opponent.

HTH cheap were you expecting to be able to get tickets for? Happy Meal pricing?

I posted that info last night!
Too many games with the prices this year, that's pretty much the bottom line.

Say a balcony seat for game 1, from my experience.

Face value printed on the tickets: $150
STH value: probably $79 or so
if you're a college student: $90
TM face: $325+

one is slightly out of whack with the others. they did this with the Flyers and Rangers too.

Closed Thread