HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lats in Drummondville next year???

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Still under contract next til 07.
And? He's there because he's one of the firsts who would go on the trade market.

Old
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
And? He's there because he's one of the firsts who would go on the trade market.
Ok, I just figured you thought he was a FA, most people do.

Old
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Ok, I just figured you thought he was a FA, most people do.
Np it's all good

Old
03-30-2006, 06:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB
Why? The Habs have ruined so many prospects or have drafted wrong on so many occasions in the past 15 years. What is up with this myth that we have a good system?

every team has made mistakes at the draft table. Bergeron in boston was passed over by 29 teams, same with every mistake outside the 1st round. Savard and Timmins are not any different, nor do they have some magical touch. That said our system is very good. Higgins, Komisarek, Plekanec, Perezhogin, all drafted under Savard are just starting to show what they can do. Kostitsyn, O'Byrne, Lapierre, Ferland, Halak, Danis, Emelin, Chipchura, Grabovsky, Wyman, Price, Lats, Kostitsyn II, Paquet, D'Agostini, Aubin. That's good depth at every position but defense. Many skilled, grinders, hard working, character prospects in the group. Most won't make it but over time we will start to see some make the jump and hope they have a good impact with the club.

I know some over hype our prospects to no end but it's just as annoying to see someone thrash our prospects. We do have an impressive group imo but we'll have to wait and see what happens on the ice.

Old
03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
The obvious is being stated here.

Lats will need to dominate in training camp if he wants to make the Habs next season..

duh!!!

As for Bergeron, he said that Higgins was a nobody because he hadn't made the NHL out of College.
I agree

Lats will make this team in all due time. When he is ready. If he doesn't make the team next year it will probably be better for his career. he can finish his junior career dominating and maybe have a good World juniors,of course he has to make the team but i don't see a problem there

All in all I think he will be a great power forward, don't forget we just drafted him last summer, he is still very young.

Old
03-30-2006, 07:23 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB
Why? The Habs have ruined so many prospects or have drafted wrong on so many occasions in the past 15 years. What is up with this myth that we have a good system?
Are you aware of the fact we have a total new scouting staff since Boivin got hired? thx

Old
03-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Evil Ted

we have so much depth in prospects i doubt they will rush this kid, he needs to work on his consistancy and more time in jr will help his confidence, its really kinda a shame he had such sucess in the pre season because i dont think it really helped his long term development.

Closed Thread