HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Could You Imagine

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Could You Imagine

hopefully you can view this , too bad its only a dream for us hab fans , but what if ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...der&pr=goog-sl

Old
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Shabutie

Re-post, but good.

Old
03-30-2006, 04:00 PM
NewHabsEra*

Ive been saying this even before the season start... Ovechkin is a perfect hockey player, he is now better than Crosby will ever be. He is the only one player I would be willing to trade some key prospects for.

Old
03-30-2006, 04:50 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Ive been saying this even before the season start... Ovechkin is a perfect hockey player, he is now better than Crosby will ever be. He is the only one player I would be willing to trade some key prospects for.
Weird ... I was rooting for Crosby , but what a WHINER that guy has become, Ovechkin takes the crap from the refs, other team and says ... ah ok ... I'll show you on the scoreboard ...

Crosby's been shown up ... and he couldn't do crap about it ... Radek Bonk wanted to destroy him that game against the PEns ...

Old
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Ovechkin is already one of the best player of the NHL...imagine what he could do with a good team and with more experience

Old
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Ovechkin is already one of the best player of the NHL...imagine what he could do with a good team and with more experience
He is the best player in the NHL, hands down.

Old
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22
He is the best player in the NHL, hands down.
Jagr's still better for now. Key words being "for now"

Old
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Marchy79

Well, I still am on the Crosby train... the kid is phenomanal, and I doubt very many 18 year olds are as polished as this kid is...

People say he whines, I call it inexperienced competitive edge... I CANNOT wait to see Sidney at 20 years old...

Dont get me wrong, I like Ovechkin, but I definately like Crosby more

Old
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Well, I still am on the Crosby train... the kid is phenomanal, and I doubt very many 18 year olds are as polished as this kid is...

People say he whines, I call it inexperienced competitive edge... I CANNOT wait to see Sidney at 20 years old...

Dont get me wrong, I like Ovechkin, but I definately like Crosby more
Ovechkin will be more valuable...but for a reason or another, he'll always stay in the shadow of Sidney Crosby. But in our heart, Ovechkin will always be the best one! He's the son of Alexander the Great after all...okok, maybe not his son, but they have the same name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Exactly, that's why I didn't wrote the nest player...

Old
03-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I personaly think Otherwize, reason for this is linemates. Sure Jagr's linemates aren't THAT great, but they're a Kabilion-gillion times better than Ovechkins. And only 4 goals seperate the two.

Old
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I personaly think Otherwize, reason for this is linemates. Sure Jagr's linemates aren't THAT great, but they're a Kabilion-gillion times better than Ovechkins. And only 4 goals seperate the two.
You mean Dainus Zubrus isn't an elite player?

Old
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
You mean Dainus Zubrus isn't an elite player?
**** I can't believe I said that

Old
03-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
I tend to overlook this theory (many have written about the difference of linemates in players) but I look at it this way... If Ovechkin played in a city with a decent talent base, would he get the minutes he calls for in Washington? I mean this guy is their go to guy already (yes that is impressive)... But go to guys almost always get first line PP minutes, whereas, playing with talented players limits these big opportunities on some nights...
I mean there is very little denial Ovy is top 5 material in 05-06, and IMO, a shoe in for the ROTY trophy... I am just unsure exactly how much his development will improve with the addition of star players to play around him/take pressure off... Easily, though in the same post that I put him down however... is he the most dynamic Capital in the history of their franchise... That says a lot seeing as to who has worn that eagle before.

Old
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I tend to overlook this theory (many have written about the difference of linemates in players) but I look at it this way... If Ovechkin played in a city with a decent talent base, would he get the minutes he calls for in Washington? I mean this guy is their go to guy already (yes that is impressive)... But go to guys almost always get first line PP minutes, whereas, playing with talented players limits these big opportunities on some nights...
I mean there is very little denial Ovy is top 5 material in 05-06, and IMO, a shoe in for the ROTY trophy... I am just unsure exactly how much his development will improve with the addition of star players to play around him/take pressure off... Easily, though in the same post that I put him down however... is he the most dynamic Capital in the history of their franchise... That says a lot seeing as to who has worn that eagle before.
Jagr gets about the same icetime Ovechkin gets in NYR even if he has better linemates. I think he'd do even greater in a real hockey city (Montreal-Detroit...) because he's a character guy. That's just me though. I think they're certainly both at the same Level.

Old
03-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Jagr gets about the same icetime Ovechkin gets in NYR even if he has better linemates. I think he'd do even greater in a real hockey city (Montreal-Detroit...) because he's a character guy. That's just me though. I think they're certainly both at the same Level.
Jagr does get a tonne of ice time in NY... Wouldn't it have been something if Jag's stayed in the Capital now?

No doubt he's a serious talent though... 50 goals in his rookie season... In the beginning of the season I was honestly thinking he'd post 50 points!!!
I'm sure Im not the only one, but man was I way off lol

Old
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Phousse

I can't wait for their sophomore years, as those tend to be worse than their rookie years.

Old
03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
shealy04

HOW did this turn into a Sid/Ao debate????????????
A guy posts a video of great AO highlights and within two posts it already turns into a Crosby vs. AO, who is better? Who will be the better 20 year old? Same old, same old done on a zillion different threads on these boards.

It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Why can't you talk about one, without bringing up the other?

Old
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Habs13

Ovechkin is my favorite non-Hab.. there are very, very few non-Hab players that I like.

Old
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Crosby is on a powerhouse team isnt he.....

Old
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Wait to see what Sidney is like when he is 20 just like Ovechin... Dont forget folks he is only 18......and has 80 points and top ten in the entire league..... incredible...I will love to see him in a Habs uniform.....

Closed Thread