HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Could You Imagine

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
  #1
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Could You Imagine

hopefully you can view this , too bad its only a dream for us hab fans , but what if ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...der&pr=goog-sl

onemorecup* is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
  #2
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Re-post, but good.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 04:00 PM
  #3
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Ive been saying this even before the season start... Ovechkin is a perfect hockey player, he is now better than Crosby will ever be. He is the only one player I would be willing to trade some key prospects for.

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 04:50 PM
  #4
BORAT
Registered User
 
BORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Ive been saying this even before the season start... Ovechkin is a perfect hockey player, he is now better than Crosby will ever be. He is the only one player I would be willing to trade some key prospects for.
Weird ... I was rooting for Crosby , but what a WHINER that guy has become, Ovechkin takes the crap from the refs, other team and says ... ah ok ... I'll show you on the scoreboard ...

Crosby's been shown up ... and he couldn't do crap about it ... Radek Bonk wanted to destroy him that game against the PEns ...

BORAT is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
  #5
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,499
vCash: 500
Ovechkin is already one of the best player of the NHL...imagine what he could do with a good team and with more experience

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
  #6
Catch-22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Ovechkin is already one of the best player of the NHL...imagine what he could do with a good team and with more experience
He is the best player in the NHL, hands down.

Catch-22 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
  #7
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,248
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22
He is the best player in the NHL, hands down.
Jagr's still better for now. Key words being "for now"

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
  #8
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Well, I still am on the Crosby train... the kid is phenomanal, and I doubt very many 18 year olds are as polished as this kid is...

People say he whines, I call it inexperienced competitive edge... I CANNOT wait to see Sidney at 20 years old...

Dont get me wrong, I like Ovechkin, but I definately like Crosby more

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
  #9
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Well, I still am on the Crosby train... the kid is phenomanal, and I doubt very many 18 year olds are as polished as this kid is...

People say he whines, I call it inexperienced competitive edge... I CANNOT wait to see Sidney at 20 years old...

Dont get me wrong, I like Ovechkin, but I definately like Crosby more
Ovechkin will be more valuable...but for a reason or another, he'll always stay in the shadow of Sidney Crosby. But in our heart, Ovechkin will always be the best one! He's the son of Alexander the Great after all...okok, maybe not his son, but they have the same name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Jagr's still better for now. Key words being "for now"
Exactly, that's why I didn't wrote the nest player...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:09 PM
  #10
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
Jagr's still better for now. Key words being "for now"
I personaly think Otherwize, reason for this is linemates. Sure Jagr's linemates aren't THAT great, but they're a Kabilion-gillion times better than Ovechkins. And only 4 goals seperate the two.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
  #11
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,248
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I personaly think Otherwize, reason for this is linemates. Sure Jagr's linemates aren't THAT great, but they're a Kabilion-gillion times better than Ovechkins. And only 4 goals seperate the two.
You mean Dainus Zubrus isn't an elite player?

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
  #12
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
You mean Dainus Zubrus isn't an elite player?
**** I can't believe I said that

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:31 PM
  #13
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I personaly think Otherwize, reason for this is linemates. Sure Jagr's linemates aren't THAT great, but they're a Kabilion-gillion times better than Ovechkins. And only 4 goals seperate the two.
I tend to overlook this theory (many have written about the difference of linemates in players) but I look at it this way... If Ovechkin played in a city with a decent talent base, would he get the minutes he calls for in Washington? I mean this guy is their go to guy already (yes that is impressive)... But go to guys almost always get first line PP minutes, whereas, playing with talented players limits these big opportunities on some nights...
I mean there is very little denial Ovy is top 5 material in 05-06, and IMO, a shoe in for the ROTY trophy... I am just unsure exactly how much his development will improve with the addition of star players to play around him/take pressure off... Easily, though in the same post that I put him down however... is he the most dynamic Capital in the history of their franchise... That says a lot seeing as to who has worn that eagle before.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
  #14
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I tend to overlook this theory (many have written about the difference of linemates in players) but I look at it this way... If Ovechkin played in a city with a decent talent base, would he get the minutes he calls for in Washington? I mean this guy is their go to guy already (yes that is impressive)... But go to guys almost always get first line PP minutes, whereas, playing with talented players limits these big opportunities on some nights...
I mean there is very little denial Ovy is top 5 material in 05-06, and IMO, a shoe in for the ROTY trophy... I am just unsure exactly how much his development will improve with the addition of star players to play around him/take pressure off... Easily, though in the same post that I put him down however... is he the most dynamic Capital in the history of their franchise... That says a lot seeing as to who has worn that eagle before.
Jagr gets about the same icetime Ovechkin gets in NYR even if he has better linemates. I think he'd do even greater in a real hockey city (Montreal-Detroit...) because he's a character guy. That's just me though. I think they're certainly both at the same Level.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:50 PM
  #15
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Jagr gets about the same icetime Ovechkin gets in NYR even if he has better linemates. I think he'd do even greater in a real hockey city (Montreal-Detroit...) because he's a character guy. That's just me though. I think they're certainly both at the same Level.
Jagr does get a tonne of ice time in NY... Wouldn't it have been something if Jag's stayed in the Capital now?

No doubt he's a serious talent though... 50 goals in his rookie season... In the beginning of the season I was honestly thinking he'd post 50 points!!!
I'm sure Im not the only one, but man was I way off lol

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
  #16
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
I can't wait for their sophomore years, as those tend to be worse than their rookie years.

Phousse is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
  #17
shealy04
Registered User
 
shealy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
HOW did this turn into a Sid/Ao debate????????????
A guy posts a video of great AO highlights and within two posts it already turns into a Crosby vs. AO, who is better? Who will be the better 20 year old? Same old, same old done on a zillion different threads on these boards.

It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Why can't you talk about one, without bringing up the other?

shealy04 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
  #18
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,230
vCash: 500
Ovechkin is my favorite non-Hab.. there are very, very few non-Hab players that I like.

Habs13 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
  #19
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Ovechkin is already one of the best player of the NHL...imagine what he could do with a good team and with more experience
Crosby is on a powerhouse team isnt he.....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
  #20
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,248
vCash: 500
Wait to see what Sidney is like when he is 20 just like Ovechin... Dont forget folks he is only 18......and has 80 points and top ten in the entire league..... incredible...I will love to see him in a Habs uniform.....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.