HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Old
03-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Benders Lindyhop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Guys, HOLY CRAP is Tampa a wicked hockey experience. Like I couldn't even comprehend it. I'll post my blog post on it shortly, but it is by far the best we've been to so far. Every single person (staff, fan, etc) was amazing, the rink is superb, and the stuff around it was sick. Wait to you see pics of the $75 night in a sailboat. It was unreal.

You should be very proud of the atmosphere created down there - I know it's for a leafs game so there is a ton of away fans, and my experience was more $$$ then most, but it was mind boggling how much better it was then the 8 others we've been to this year.
Cool. Glad to hear it was a good time.

And I'm very intrigued by those boats. Sounds like an interesting night away. Looking forward to the blog post.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:27 AM
BluejacketNut

Hey everyone, any photography buff's out there? Im heading down to see a friend in Tampa and will probably try and catch the championship game on Saturday. I'm looking for cool photography spots, not only in Tampa, but anything really within an hour or so drive as well. Thanks!

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Guys, HOLY CRAP is Tampa a wicked hockey experience. Like I couldn't even comprehend it. I'll post my blog post on it shortly, but it is by far the best we've been to so far. Every single person (staff, fan, etc) was amazing, the rink is superb, and the stuff around it was sick. Wait to you see pics of the $75 night in a sailboat. It was unreal.

You should be very proud of the atmosphere created down there - I know it's for a leafs game so there is a ton of away fans, and my experience was more $$$ then most, but it was mind boggling how much better it was then the 8 others we've been to this year.
How's that blog entry coming along?

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Hey everyone, any photography buff's out there? Im heading down to see a friend in Tampa and will probably try and catch the championship game on Saturday. I'm looking for cool photography spots, not only in Tampa, but anything really within an hour or so drive as well. Thanks!
Not a photographer, but there are about 1,000 places to get nice beach shots. Some of the views off the big bridges are pretty good. Guess it depends on what kind of scenery you're looking for.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:38 AM
AnthonySaxe

Where can I find center ice in Tampa?

Ill be in Tampa tonight to see Union in the Frozen Four and when that game is done, I really want to catch the sabres game. Does anyone know of a place with center ice there where I can catch the game?

AnthonySaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Tokala

Quote:
Ft. DeSoto has the old fort from the Spanish-American War and beaches. Honeymoon Island and Caladesi are more undeveloped beaches with good scenery.
Clearwater Beach will have a bunch of half-dressed spring breakers if that's something you're looking to get pictures of..
Hillsborough River State Park will have the rapids and lots of alligators. Fort Foster is there too.

Tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
Ill be in Tampa tonight to see Union in the Frozen Four and when that game is done, I really want to catch the sabres game. Does anyone know of a place with center ice there where I can catch the game?
Buffalo Wild Wings usually has it. Hattricks in downtown Tampa has it.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 04-05-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: thread merge
Old
04-05-2012, 08:14 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Ft. DeSoto has the old fort from the Spanish-American War and beaches. Honeymoon Island and Caladesi are more undeveloped beaches with good scenery.
Clearwater Beach will have a bunch of half-dressed spring breakers if that's something you're looking to get pictures of..
Hillsborough River State Park will have the rapids and lots of alligators. Fort Foster is there too.
Thanks guys, just the stuff I was looking for!

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Thanks guys, just the stuff I was looking for!
You're welcome! Only 2 rivers in Florida have rapids: Hillsborough and Suwanee. Ft. Foster is a reconstruction of a fort from the Seminole Indian War days.

Old
04-05-2012, 02:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

...what

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 07:45 AM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

...who

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 07:04 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Hey Lightning Fans,

I COME IN PEACE!!

My girlfriend and I are heading down to the Tampa area next week and we just have a couple of questions.

We're renting a car and looking for good shopping locations and beaches. We've done a little bit of research and we found Clearwater beach (about a 30 minute drive from our hotel near Tampa Airport) to be a nice spot. How is the area? Is it overly crowded? How's the quality of the beach/sand? Neither of us is too picky but we like a nice spot and we're hoping for a nice experience in Clearwater.

Also, any good local places to eat that any of you would recommend?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially as a fan of the enemy.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
snowden
Man is matter

I personally hate Clearwater Beach. So many tourists and annoying people so the beach is always crowded. Plus I hate paying to park. I always go to Treasure Island. There's areas where you can park for free and the beaches aren't always as crowded in some places. There are all kinds of local places to eat and shop on Gulf Blvd, too, including John's Pass.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:27 PM
tbaz

Fort desoto park is the best hands down, also I'll second Clearwater is super busy and touristy. Shopping just google best malls or outlet malls. Johns pass is touristy but worth a see.

tbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Coming in for vacation next week. Any suggestions on where to get Lightning merch anywhere in the general area?

Chicago Made Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
Coming in for vacation next week. Any suggestions on where to get Lightning merch anywhere in the general area?
Bump. Anyone?

Old
06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Bump. Anyone?
Whoops, totally missed that

Might want to check out the Tampa Bay Times Forum. There is a merch shop below that has a bunch of stuff.

http://www.tampabaytimesforum.com/ar...tion/team-shop

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Whoops, totally missed that

Might want to check out the Tampa Bay Times Forum. There is a merch shop below that has a bunch of stuff.

http://www.tampabaytimesforum.com/ar...tion/team-shop
Thanks!

Old
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Bump. Anyone?
New shop in the forum is complete, called Tampa Bay Sports.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Dave C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
New shop in the forum is complete, called Tampa Bay Sports.
Cool. 9 days until I head to Orlando and going down to Tampa the first 3 days to see the area, stadiums and catch a Rays, Mets game.

I was hoping to go in the arena to see the ice. Do you think I'll be allowed? Im not sure how far down the line they are with the screen construction.

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Cool. 9 days until I head to Orlando and going down to Tampa the first 3 days to see the area, stadiums and catch a Rays, Mets game.

I was hoping to go in the arena to see the ice. Do you think I'll be allowed? Im not sure how far down the line they are with the screen construction.
Unfortunately, I don't think they'd have an ice sheet right now.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Dave C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think they'd have an ice sheet right now.
Good point! I still wouldn't mind actually going inside the arena itself. To see how it compares to British ice hockey. It'll be incredible compared to the Nottingham Panthers arena which holds 6,000... And that's one of the biggest!!

Old
06-03-2012, 10:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Screen is still being built, old one is gonna be in a while. No idea on the tour part, i'd lean more towards no just with everything going on (events, setup for republican national convention) but you never know.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Dave C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Screen is still being built, old one is gonna be in a while. No idea on the tour part, i'd lean more towards no just with everything going on (events, setup for republican national convention) but you never know.
Back in the UK now :-( I popped into the forum on Thu 14th before I headed to the Rays Mets game. The lady in the shop was superb. Gave me a 10% discount and my 2 year old daughter a free badge (bolts logo). She also said she would have taken me inside but there was a concert on so everyone was busy getting it ready.

Tampa is a beautiful place. Glad I got my first jersey from the arena itself. However it is really expensive! Already planning my next trip. It'll be November time (2013) so I can catch a Bolts and Bucs game.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Back in the UK now :-( I popped into the forum on Thu 14th before I headed to the Rays Mets game. The lady in the shop was superb. Gave me a 10% discount and my 2 year old daughter a free badge (bolts logo). She also said she would have taken me inside but there was a concert on so everyone was busy getting it ready.

Tampa is a beautiful place. Glad I got my first jersey from the arena itself. However it is really expensive! Already planning my next trip. It'll be November time (2013) so I can catch a Bolts and Bucs game.
Oh yeah, I think it was Avicii. They were very protective, even employees couldn't be around or open concourse curtains and all that. Hell of a light show, though.

Hope you enjoyed it, and hopefully next time you can get a cruise through the building