HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to wsh

Old
06-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Umm Hemsky by himself is worth more than the 11th overall pick.
Umm no, not even close. If he is so great then keep him. Stop foisting him on other teams. It was an Oilers fan who created this funnily enough, Washington fans have expressed no interest in Hemsky whatsoever.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:35 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 500
Quote:
What ever helps you sleep at night.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:38 PM
MalcontentCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
So you made it all up?

Article you linked never mentioned Hershey. Ted mentioned restocking the pipeline, which isn't the same as gunning for a Calder Cup (especially given that none of the first round picks since 2008 have played in Hershey), much less the implication that they value AHL championships over NHL championships.
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid if it makes you feel better. But maybe just once put it down, open your eyes and take a look around.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Umm no, not even close. If he is so great then keep him. Stop foisting him on other teams. It was an Oilers fan who created this funnily enough, Washington fans have expressed no interest in Hemsky whatsoever.
1 fan doesn't represent an entire fanbase. Everyone has their own opinions. These "if he's so good why don't you just keep him" statements are just childish and serve no purpose. Every fanbase props up their players. I, for one, would rather keep Hemsky because he's underrated and will have a bounce-back year.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
That's cool then. I have no interest in moving Hemsk for anything below 6th or 7th overall. Not every Oiler fan thinks the same way.

He's definitely a gamble.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
I wouldnt give even just a 2nd for Hemsky

5 million for 10 goals is half a million a goal. the guy is a shadow of the player he was

to me the only player who is more of a risk is DiPietro
Well than your I.Q. is that of an earthworm. Thanks but no thanks...we will keep Hemsky. Chances of the 11th or 16th being as good as him is slim to none.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
1 fan doesn't represent an entire fanbase. Everyone has their own opinions. These "if he's so good why don't you just keep him" statements are just childish and serve no purpose. Every fanbase props up their players. I, for one, would rather keep Hemsky because he's underrated and will have a bounce-back year.
Ok, then keep him..it seems to me ALL Oilers fans throughout the threads I have seen on these boards are trying to convince everybody else that he is worth more than what other people are willing to offer. Take this thread for instance: an Oiler fan creates the thread, asking a pretty hefty return for Hemsky, then when Washington fans say no, Oiler fans seem to be trying to convince everybody else he is worth it. Saying "if he is so good why don't you keep him" is not childish. Its the truth.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Yes Ales Hemsky, a legitimate star scoring winger for multiple seasons should be compared to a guy who never established himself beyond the 3rd line. Did you watch the WC this year? Ales Hemsky is still a very good player.
The World Championships? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:51 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Ok, then keep him..it seems to me ALL Oilers fans throughout the threads I have seen on these boards are trying to convince everybody else that he is worth more than what other people are willing to offer. Take this thread for instance: an Oiler fan creates the thread, asking a pretty hefty return for Hemsky, then when Washington fans say no, Oiler fans seem to be trying to convince everybody else he is worth it. Saying "if he is so good why don't you keep him" is not childish. Its the truth.
Most Oiler fans want to keep Hemmer. I have watched him for years and very few in this league have the talent that he does. So underrated!!

Old
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
The World Championships? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Yeah, see that's the tournament where some of the worlds best Hockey players play. I fail to see what's so funny?

Old
06-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Most Oiler fans want to keep Hemmer. I have watched him for years and very few in this league have the talent that he does. So underrated!!
So unhealthy!!

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Yeah, see that's the tournament where some of the worlds best Hockey players play. I fail to see what's so funny?
We have plenty of players that can play well in the freaking World Championships.

We need more that can play well in the NHL.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:04 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
good lord, where to start? #11 probably gets you nowhere near an impact player, is a question mark, hasn't played an NHL game yet, and he's not worth Ales Hemsky? please!! your assuming he'll continue to be injured and not return to form, but what if he does? Washington is the last team that should be concerned about 11th overall picks, and should be concerned about trying to win a cup while they still have the chance!

and the Oilers will probably keep him anyways, it's only the very few Oiler fans that want him traded. and maybe the fans have no interest in Hemsky whatsoever, but i don't recall the Caps management asking the fans what they think.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:09 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
good lord, where to start? #11 probably gets you nowhere near an impact player, is a question mark, hasn't played an NHL game yet, and he's not worth Ales Hemsky? please!! your assuming he'll continue to be injured and not return to form, but what if he does? Washington is the last team that should be concerned about 11th overall picks, and should be concerned about trying to win a cup while they still have the chance!

and the Oilers will probably keep him anyways, it's only the very few Oiler fans that want him traded. and maybe the fans have no interest in Hemsky whatsoever, but i don't recall the Caps management asking the fans what they think.
No teams want a 5 million dollar injured player.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Avs44

Quote:

The guy above me replying to your post said it perfectly. Which team would want to trade an 11th overall pick for a 5m dollar injury prone player? Woops, did not think that one through I guess. And no, teams do not trade 11th overall picks in the hope a player will stop getting injured and return to form. Sorry to break you bubble.

Old
06-02-2012, 07:08 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
Well than your I.Q. is that of an earthworm. Thanks but no thanks...we will keep Hemsky. Chances of the 11th or 16th being as good as him is slim to none.
if only that were true, Oiler fans keep trying to pawn off their unwanted trash on other teams 2 or 3 times a week, seriously what makes you think that if they arent really wanted by the worst team in the league (as evidenced by 3 straight #1 selections) that anyone would want them, let alone at the prices oiler fans are requesting? be it Gagner, Omark or Hemsky. if they cant get a team with Hall, Eberle, and Nugent Hopkins out of the trash heap, its certainly questionable that they can be difference makers for a quality team.

fans of other teams wish you would Just keep them like oiler fans keep promising, but we all know that 2 days from now you'll be trying to pawn them off again because even Oiler fans know that in order to start winning tou need to get rid of the deadwood...... Even the worst teams in history had leading scorers, but that doesnt mean they were good players.

put out a roster of 20 one legged players, and someone will be the teams best player, its inevitable. but that doesnt mean they are a good player, it appears that some Oiler fans still dont understand that.

so with all due respect please keep them

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:15 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
No teams want a 5 million dollar injured player.
and you are the GM of which team?

Quote:
The guy above me replying to your post said it perfectly. Which team would want to trade an 11th overall pick for a 5m dollar injury prone player? Woops, did not think that one through I guess. And no, teams do not trade 11th overall picks in the hope a player will stop getting injured and return to form. Sorry to break you bubble.
not breaking any bubble of mine, but fans typically harp on the bad and overlook the good when they are trying to prove that their point is the correct one and yours isn't.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:24 PM
54roughing*

Quote:
and you are the GM of which team?

not breaking any bubble of mine, but fans typically harp on the bad and overlook the good when they are trying to prove that their point is the correct one and yours isn't.
and you are the GM of which team? and fans of horrendous teams seldom realize that the reason their team has been bad for so long are the very players they consistently over rate

edmonton if they ever want to begin winning must realize that players like Gagner and Hemsky are the very reason,you havent improved, your irrational attachment to inferior players dooms you.

54roughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Oilers1

Quote:
We will likey be drafting Yakupov thus making Hemsky redundant so that may have something to do with Oiler fans bringing his name into so many trade proposals and having one bad year due to injury and adjusting to a different role on the team doesnt make him a bad player take a look at his stats over the years and you maynotice he fell just shy of a being a point per game player has great speed and is one of the most impressive danglers out there and if you dont believe me try watching a few of his videos on Youtube. I didnt write this post to convince you to trade the draft picks to us because frankly i would rather trade him for an NHL ready dman if we were to deal him.

Oilers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Ricky Bobby

Washington needs a 2nd line center more than anything. They definitely don't need a 2nd line soft skill winger who isn't a better power play option than what they already have and doesn't kill penalties.

They've already got the wing spot well covered.

Gagner actually fits their needs better than Hemsky.

Off the top of my head better options of guys that are available or have been rumoured to are:

Staal
Roy
Jokinen (ufa)
Brassard
Ribeiro

Even vets like Cullen or Connolly would better fit their needs.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcontentCapsFan View Post
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid if it makes you feel better. But maybe just once put it down, open your eyes and take a look around.
Open his eyes to things that you won't source? Um, okay.

You don't want to reveal your source? How about telling us what a few of the vetoed deals were?

Otherwise, it's nothing but unreliable speculation that might as well be made up.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:24 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Ales Hemsky has 31 goals, and 100 points in the last 3 seasons combined, and was just extended at $5 million/year.

The Oilers would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him, much less the 11th overall.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:56 PM
butters8814

Quote:
On what planet. You must be a homer, because thats a laughable comment.

butters8814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:02 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
and you are the GM of which team? and fans of horrendous teams seldom realize that the reason their team has been bad for so long are the very players they consistently over rate

edmonton if they ever want to begin winning must realize that players like Gagner and Hemsky are the very reason,you havent improved, your irrational attachment to inferior players dooms you.