HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi - sj

Old
06-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Jray42

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Why not just Boyle for JVR straight up? I thought JVR was the forward of those in your top 9 that was most likely to be moved.

The sharks won't move Boyle with out finding a replacement from somewhere and I don't think Mezsaros is that replacement. If they did find one, this is a deal that I could see happening.
Because Boyle is 35, and JVR is 23. Why would the Flyers do that?

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Because Boyle is 35, and JVR is 23. Why would the Flyers do that?
Because what Boyle brings to the table is much more important than what JVR does and the Flyers have enough youth to get by with trading one of their younger guys out for something that they need.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Robes of Teal
The Hertl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
A straight up two for two is fair value. The Sharks adding to that is overpayment especially if it's a 1st, 2nd, or Nieto. Meszaros is an average PMD on the left side that isn't very productive. JVR is a huge gamble with a high price tag.

Boyle, even at his age, is one of the best PMD's in the game, period. Just because he is 35 doesn't plummet his value.
imo it isn't quite there for an even swap but I agree with everything else.
I think Petrecki would be the perfect + in this deal, he was showing a bit more promise last season and still has a chance of being a #4 type physical d-man
I personally would be just as interested in Voracek and Simmonds as JVR, but I imagine they would want to move JVR for cap relief first.
Philly and SJ are perfect trading partners, Sharks have a bunch of RH puck moving dmen and Philly has a surplus of 2nd line wingers. Griess could even be worked into a deal as a future 1b goalie and Stalock could take over backup duties.

Robes of Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88eight View Post
imo it isn't quite there for an even swap but I agree with everything else.
I think Petrecki would be the perfect + in this deal, he was showing a bit more promise last season and still has a chance of being a #4 type physical d-man
I personally would be just as interested in Voracek and Simmonds as JVR, but I imagine they would want to move JVR for cap relief first.
Philly and SJ are perfect trading partners, Sharks have a bunch of RH puck moving dmen and Philly has a surplus of 2nd line wingers. Griess could even be worked into a deal as a future 1b goalie and Stalock could take over backup duties.
The Sharks adding is not real bright when they're giving up the best player in the deal by far and arguably the second best player as well. Both players coming back to SJ are expensive risks in their own way. Just because the Sharks get younger doesn't mean that they're getting what they need or getting good value.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:01 PM
TheLegendkiller

I would like to get Clowe. Just curious, hen does his contract expire?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:03 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I would like to get Clowe. Just curious, hen does his contract expire?
After next season.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
No interest in Mez really. And JVR is potentially very nice, but you have to think that the Sharks can do better from other teams who really need to top-10 PMD. If they want Clowe, they can bid against TO or whoever might want him. But I really don't see Philly as a trading partner. They are better off roster-wise than the Sharks in nearly every way. The Sharks need to be looking at teams that need to fill a big gap on D and who have extra forward depth in players, prospects, and picks to send the Sharks way.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:22 PM
DJD209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We will have to add. Why not Boyle for Mezzaros+.
Pretty good even trade. But i heard philly wants douglas murray and if we trade niemi in a nash trade we may wanna add bobrovsky to the trade

DJD209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Do you have a good, young right-shot D-man that isn't Boyle or Burns?

How about Demers, what would you want for him? Or does he suck? Maybe try for Tennyson or DeMelo?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:24 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Do you have a good, young right-shot D-man that isn't Boyle or Burns?

How about Demers, what would you want for him? Or does he suck? Maybe try for Tennyson or DeMelo?
Demers is awesome. He had a bad year, but he's awesome. And not the kind of player we should be trading while his value is low.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Falco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
No interest in Mez really. And JVR is potentially very nice, but you have to think that the Sharks can do better from other teams who really need to top-10 PMD. If they want Clowe, they can bid against TO or whoever might want him. But I really don't see Philly as a trading partner. They are better off roster-wise than the Sharks in nearly every way. The Sharks need to be looking at teams that need to fill a big gap on D and who have extra forward depth in players, prospects, and picks to send the Sharks way.
I strongly disagree about them not being good trading partners. Boyle seems like the one thing the flyers need (aside from a shrink for their goalie). JVR, Voracek or another forward would help the sharks depth at forward and enable them to move clowe or sign free agents.

Of course there is no way the sharks should move Boyle without adding a significant D-man to the team.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
usualsuspect434

I kinda like the OP's offer. I think the value isn't that far off. I've always been a big fan of Boyle, and really 35 isn't ancient in terms of d-men. Could still have 5-7 years left in him. That, and the guy grew up a Flyers fan - bring the passion for the O & B.

To me, right now, Boyle > Mez, Clowe > JVR, so any ++ coming the Flyers way would be gravy and all based on JVRs potential.

usualsuspect434 is offline   Reply With Quote