HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 09:45 PM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
Good riddance. Most talented forward Poile has drafted in his time here but a flawed and selfish person. He will come back when he is a UFA.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Well now my user title is dated.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 0
is anyone at all surprised by this?

Rads is an immature twit, whose game is no longer what we thought it was.

I wish we could have traded his rights for something before he bolted back to Russia, but until this february we all assumed he was gone for good anyway

Old
06-01-2012, 10:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's being reported with no quotes from Radulov. I'll believe it when a north American source(and not Malamud, who guaranteed there was no way Rads would choose Nashville over the world champs) reports it.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I have to agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to the KHL, but I don't believe a damn word most of these "sources" say.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:37 PM
The Zookeep

Isn't CSKA owned by the KHL commissioner Medvedev? He's already proven that he'll say absolutely anything to try and sway Alex to the KHL.

He ****** himself out faster than a Scottsdale bar girl.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:02 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The KHL is such a shoddy organization as it is. The President of the League gets to own a team (conflict of interests much?), and then they decide to do away with salary cap hits for any Russians returning to the KHL from the NHL (but wait... only players deemed worthy of being cap exempt). It's about as lowbrow as lowbrow gets.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:00 AM
kp61c

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zookeep View Post
Isn't CSKA owned by the KHL commissioner Medvedev? He's already proven that he'll say absolutely anything to try and sway Alex to the KHL.

He ****** himself out faster than a Scottsdale bar girl.
nope. its ska. in cska there were problems with money last year so club asked putin to help them. putin in his turn in a polite manner asked rosneft (majority of which is owned by the Russian Government) to help the club. now they are awash with money so this news about radulov and сska isnt surprising at all.
btw news says that after an year with cska he will have to work off a three-year contract with nashville. what contract are they talking about?

Last edited by kp61c: 06-02-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old
06-02-2012, 09:44 AM
NoNecksCurse

that would be his entry level contract I'm guessing kp61c.. thats the only three contract he has had with us. that can't be right, though.

also where there is smoke there is fire. rads is gone and i could care LESS!!

Old
06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Snipeshow

Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. KHL is a joke and says anything they want, whenever they want.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:06 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
nope. its ska. in cska there were problems with money last year so club asked putin to help them. putin in his turn in a polite manner asked rosneft (majority of which is owned by the Russian Government) to help the club. now they are awash with money so this news about radulov and сska isnt surprising at all.
btw news says that after an year with cska he will have to work off a three-year contract with nashville. what contract are they talking about?
This makes me question the legitimacy even more. He has no contract with Nashville. Nashville retains his RFA rights, but there is no existing contract.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
NoNecksCurse

this is very reminiscent of the first time radulov bolted, though. multiple un-reputable russian sources were reporting it... then in the coming days, NA media started reporting it and radulov leaving became official... and a nightmare.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Zine

Its now being reported a potential bidding war for Radulov's KHL rights (from Salavat) might happen between CSKA and SKA. SKA is looking to fill the void left by Tarasenko.

Old
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Snipeshow

You'd think Radulov would at least see what Poile is going to offer him first.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Radulov has two agents--one Russian and one for NA. Cska/ska may be negotiating for his rights, but it doesn't mean he's committed one way or another.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
There won't be an offer to anybody until the Suter decision is made.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:53 PM
The Zookeep

What would you want from the Rangers?

From the NY Post...

Quote:
Acting with deliberate speed in the wake of the news 41-goal scorer Marian Gaborik will require right shoulder surgery that could sideline the sniper into December of next season, Rangers general manager Glen Sather has been in touch with Predators GM David Poile regarding impending Group II free agent winger Alexander Radulov, The Post has learned.

Radulov, who will turn 26 next month, has a lucrative contract offer on the table from CKSA of the KHL, the league in which he played the last four seasons before returning to the Predators for the stretch run and the playoffs, but a well-placed source has told The Post the winger would prefer to continue his career in the NHL.

The 6-1, 190-pounder scored 18 goals as a rookie in 2005-06 and 26 goals the following season before defecting to the KHL with one year remaining on his Entry Level contract.

The degree to which these discussions between Sather and Poile have advanced is unknown, but The Post has learned this is more than the GM “kicking the tires.” The Blueshirts, of course, would have to be given a window in which to conduct contract negotiations with Radulov before agreeing to trade for his rights.

It is unlikely Poile will play hardball, given the alternative is losing him for nothing to the KHL.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1whdRZyA4

Old
06-03-2012, 12:05 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zookeep View Post
What would you want from the Rangers?

From the NY Post...
Unlikely th Preds will play hardball? For a guy that in a full season should easily score 70 pts? AND the Rangers get to talk contract before the deal is made?

If Poile gives away Radulov, he's a fool, especially considering he could get other teams involved.

If Suter is gone, I'd try to work a deal around Marc Staal.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:10 AM
NoNecksCurse

one of your top 4 defenseman or a promising young forward. i love kreider but that wouldn't happen. problem is radulov will immediately be the most talented forward on your team but every rangers fan will say "no way!! too much, he's a head case!" ... so I doubt anything could be discussed... ill leave that to the GMs lol

Old
06-03-2012, 05:44 AM
kp61c

Quote:
Unlikely th Preds will play hardball? For a guy that in a full season should easily score 70 pts? AND the Rangers get to talk contract before the deal is made?
you must take in account that theres a big possibility that he will goes to khl. what exactly will you get for him in that case?
well, rads has a serious contract offer from cska but he wants to play in nhl after all.
http://allhockey.ru/news/124787/

Last edited by kp61c: 06-03-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old
06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
one of your top 4 defenseman or a promising young forward. i love kreider but that wouldn't happen. problem is radulov will immediately be the most talented forward on your team but every rangers fan will say "no way!! too much, he's a head case!" ... so I doubt anything could be discussed... ill leave that to the GMs lol
Yeah he's more talented than that guy that had 41 goals last year and the guy with 2 90 point seasons and a conn smythe. I wasn't overly impressed by him during his last stint and his stats in the NHL while good aren't exactly dominating enough to warrant that type of statement.

BTW, if we weren't trading one of our top 4 D-men for Nash I highly doubt we do it for Radulov.

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 06-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old
06-03-2012, 10:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Yeah he's more talented than that guy that had 41 goals last year and the guy with 2 90 point seasons and a conn smythe. I wasn't overly impressed by him during his last stint and his stats in the NHL while good aren't exactly dominating enough to warrant that type of statement.

BTW, if we weren't trading one of our top 4 D-men for Nash I highly doubt we do it for Radulov.
Aside from the incident, Radulov was our best player down the stretch and in the playoffs. He did nothing to hurt his value there, and having a contract doesn't mean he's bolting to the KHL.

Christian Thomas and a second isn't going to get it done. Like in the Nash race, the Rangers don't get to name their price and demand the other party pay it.

The Preds are still best served to keep Radulov, especially if he wants to stay in the NHL, and if he is dealt, it needs to be because someone else that fills an immediate need is coming back.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Didn't Radulov say after the playoffs ended that he would like to come back to Nashville, and then Rinne confirmed that Radulov loves playing in Nashville? Or am I just making all of that up? Because I'm pretty sure this is one of the few times I'm not just making something up.

If the Rangers want him they will have to pay. "Poile won't play hardball" my ass. There is no logic in the "the alternative is he will lose him to the KHL for nothing" comment. So, since there is a possibility that Radulov goes back to Russia Poile should just roll over and take some weak ass offer from the Rangers? Haha OK...

Personally, I'd rather lose him for nothing to another league than give him up to any team in this League for anything short of full value, and even then I'm trying to get a higher value.

(btw... I realize that article was written with Rangers fans in mind, but a good journalist would include the very real possibilities of 1) trading him to any other team that isn't the Rangers provided they have better offers, or 2) just signing him to a new deal. Those are also alternatives, no?)

Old
06-03-2012, 12:27 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post

id say radulov has just as much talent as gaborik if not more. also by that comment, I was assuming without gaborik .. he's out until like december out something?

as for not giving up one of your defenseman, that's fine. but don't expect to get radulov with a mid tier prospect and crap pick that will be towards the end of rounds.. you guys can continue to play that defensive style, block shots all game and not upgrade your offense. you aren't getting radulov for scraps. and as i said, i doubt our fanbases could work out a deal considering radulov's history.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:30 PM
NoNecksCurse

also radulov is more talented than richards. richards just knows how to play at the NHL level. radulov hasn't quite got there. dont confuse most talented with the best player. id take richards and gaborik over radulov.

Closed Thread