HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm #2, 6/2/12: KINGS BEAT DEVILS in OT 2-1, up in series 2-0, WE WANT THE CUP !!!

Old
06-02-2012, 11:56 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:58 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Kings staggering #s for their four road game 2's in the playoffs: 4-0, outscored opponents 15-5, 22 for 22 on the penalty kill and have NEVER trailed.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Kings staggering #s for their four road game 2's in the playoffs: 4-0, outscored opponents 15-5, 22 for 22 on the penalty kill and have NEVER trailed.
Those are statistics you'll never see on the NBC feed. But they sure talked about NJ's success in Game 2s.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:10 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

In the last couple years both Detroit and Vancouver were up 2-0 and lost. They didn't go up 2-0 on the road though, still the Kings can't look ahead.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:11 AM
bobafettish*

just noticed the two kings fans bear hugging after carters goal.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
In the last couple years both Detroit and Vancouver were up 2-0 and lost. They didn't go up 2-0 on the road though, still the Kings can't look ahead.
You're a real downer, you know that?

I'm just polishing off this bottle of wine enjoying the win. Remind me being up 2-0 in a series means nothing tomorrow.

Tonight, rock on!!!

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:14 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
You're a real downer, you know that?

I'm just polishing off this bottle of wine enjoying the win. Remind me being up 2-0 in a series means nothing tomorrow.

Tonight, rock on!!!
I get where he is coming from. I'll celebrate tonight, and a little bit tomorrow when I am hanging out with my dad and a few of his co-workers. After that, back to stress.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Yeah, my opinion has always been that there is no such thing as home ice advantage.

Of course, my perspective is from the Kings, who have consistently played better on the road than at home for the past three seasons. If that particular oddity can be chalked up because there are so many distractions in Los Angeles, then so be it. I mean, obviously Detroit and Nashville were phenomenal at home this year, so each team has its own personality, I guess.

In any event, one game at a time.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:18 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
I am very happy about the win. However imo the Kings have been outplayed in both games. They are fortunate that they came away with wins, but in LA they need to play a lot better. I am worried about them being on home ice, but they have to use it to their advantage. The Devils will not be giving up, Kings have to get a split at home.
It went back and forth. The thing that you have to really look at is how hard they're hitting the Devils and how much they're keeping them on the perimeter. Up till the tying goal, they were controlling the puck more than the Devils so even though they were only up by 1, they were doing a good job.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Congrats guys. This series is over mentally for the Devils. No way we win 4 games against your team.

I said on the Devils board that the Kings seem like a team of destiny, not the phony Rangers.
Looks like the Rangers were the Devils Cup final.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
ManiacMatty

Sutter is hilarious. The guy continues to make me laugh with every interview.

ManiacMatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:30 AM
drbob

Parise already psyched out:

as evidenced by his saying that it is very difficult for them to win 4 out of the next 5 games.

Normally you want to just say that you have to think about winning the next game, take it one game at a time, and see what can happen.

But sounds as if he is seeing and feeling the pressure of trying to win all those games necessary to win the Cup.

Sure hope we can get to an early lead on Monday and really put the pressure on them, and then they can get behind by 2 goals and then give up in the 3rd.

But they are a really good team, almost a mirror image of our team in terms of aggressive forechecking.

But our advantage is in the net, Mr. Jonathan Quick...

GKG !!!!!!!!!!!111

drbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Pharseer

vCash: 50
He's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatty View Post
Sutter is hilarious. The guy continues to make me laugh with every interview.
Listen to his comments when asked how he thought his team played tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AD2r_ySrkU

Classic Sutter!

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Pharseer

vCash: 50
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
as evidenced by his saying that it is very difficult for them to win 4 out of the next 5 games.
But he's also thinking about an opposing team with a 14-2 record in these playoffs.

GO KINGS GO!

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Cruel11
IRemember&IDemand

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
just noticed the two kings fans bear hugging after carters goal.
Those are the trainers I think, lol. I remember them from sitting right behind them in game 4, round 2.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:37 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Man if Dan Carcillo is saying Rick and Carts are good people then they must have done some messed up **** back in Philly.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Only playoff ghost Carter could shank a puck wildly in the direction of a goal and somehow choke it into the net

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Those are the trainers I think, lol. I remember them from sitting right behind them in game 4, round 2.
Actually there's one pair who definitely are fans, they run down a short distance to the glass...and another pair in other footage where the guys high five/hand clasp and those were trainers I believe.

- R

Old
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM
jml87

Quote:
I am very happy about the win. However imo the Kings have been outplayed in both games. They are fortunate that they came away with wins, but in LA they need to play a lot better. I am worried about them being on home ice, but they have to use it to their advantage. The Devils will not be giving up, Kings have to get a split at home.
I agree that they have been outplayed and dominated at times and yet here they are up 2-0 in the series. That's gotta be pretty frustrating for the Devils, to be going on the road after losing both at home. And maybe to also be worried about the fact that the Kings haven't played the greatest and what happens if they start turning it on and figure out how to get past that forecheck.

So these things work both ways. All you've got to do is look to play each game better than your last and keep winning.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:43 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

How come they always start to play a lot better in OT?

Are they taking risks to get it done and open up their play in OT?
I'm not complaining but there is a big difference to how they have played in OT compared to regulation.

Devils sitting back?

I was watching the cbs feed and they just went numb shortly after Carter scored. There haven't been many Kings supporters in these crews on either of the feeds. I would say they have been a lot more Pro Devils than neutral commentators.

This was a Quick steal. Kings got to be better and they weren't bad but they have not played the way the can. ......yet. I don't want the Kings to give the Devils any chance at getting back..no more close games.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I think we can safely ask this now...what is it about LA, the Kings team and organization, that we can get the best now out of a recovered Penner and a rejuvenated Carter? Penner maybe his time had come but Carter...maybe he just need some love? (and a lil syrup on the side)

Old
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
How come they always start to play a lot better in OT?

Are they taking risks to get it done and open up their play in OT?
I'm not complaining but there is a big difference to how they have played in OT compared to regulation.

Devils sitting back?

I was watching the cbs feed and they just went numb shortly after Carter scored. There haven't been many Kings supporters in these crews on either of the feeds. I would say they have been a lot more Pro Devils than neutral commentators.

This was a Quick steal. Kings got to be better and they weren't bad but they have not played the way the can. ......yet. I don't want the Kings to give the Devils any chance at getting back..no more close games.
Remember, our team is sleeping in the afternoon but is a playoff beast come 6PM on. Is it any wonder we keep pouring it on in the overtime and our big guns score? They finally woke up! The longer the games went on in NJ, the greater the danger.

And now we have two games that start at 5PM. Woe is the Devil.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I agree that they have been outplayed and dominated at times and yet here they are up 2-0 in the series. That's gotta be pretty frustrating for the Devils, to be going on the road after losing both at home. And maybe to also be worried about the fact that the Kings haven't played the greatest and what happens if they start turning it on and figure out how to get past that forecheck.

So these things work both ways. All you've got to do is look to play each game better than your last and keep winning.
Dev fan here. Devils are actually better road team than a home team. They've done it all year. Won 2 games in Florida. Won 2 games in Philly. Won 2 games in New York.

With that said, there are lingering injury issues which are plaguing them on the wing with both Kovalchuk, which has been well-publicized and David Clarkson. So it's going to be interesting going forward. They are going to have to dig deep.

Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:49 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Its cut off in the GIF abive, but it absolutely cracks me up how Dean and Hexy react after wins and then Dean always futzes with his coffee cup.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote