HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Philadelphia

Old
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
steveott x29*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
A few things:
  • Meszaros is better than Robidas, who we'd be stuck with anyways. And those prospects are still 1-2 years off from really making an impact, and Meszaros would only act as a stopgap. His contract is fine for us.
  • Uh, no. Rinaldo is almost worthless to us. Ryder > JvR (for next year at least, and Philly fans, don't try and argue this). Besides, they'd have no use for Ryder, they've already got their top 9 filled even without JvR. Robidas and Glennie aren't enough for JvR, either.
  • It normally doesn't bug me, but could you please put a bit of effort into spelling names right?
  • Ryder is a core player for next season, and he'll be critical in making a playoff push next year. I don't think either side would go for that, to be honest.
  • Rinaldo is not what we need. We have Godard if we want an agitator, and just like you said, we already have Ott.

1. i think robidas is better then meszaros ( he is a overrated over paid d man )

2. ryder is NOT a core player ( we are NOT making the playoffs ..we are still 2 or 3 years away and do you think ryder is going to stay with the stars after 2 + 30 goal seasons ? ... he is going to get $ from a good team )

3. godard didn't even play games with the texas stars ( he blows )

rinaldo is like a mimi ott witch is $ ..... a third line of ott + rinaldo = 1 of the best third lines in the nhl

your under valuing rinaldo big time here

rinaldo would be more of a core player to us then ryder who 9 years older then rinaldo

this team need to rebuild big time ... i would also trade riberio to CHICAGO for mc.neil and carcillo
to have a young CORE of .....

benn/ eriksson/JVR/ ....... that's just amazing

r.smith/mc.neil/Ritchie ..... big and gritty with lots of speed and skill

rinaldo/ott/carcillo .......... the gritty and best third line in the nhl

this would be the best case for the stars .... we should have rebuild 3 years ago

if you say ryder is a core player no wounder we suck so much

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveott x29 View Post
1. i think robidas is better then meszaros ( he is a overrated over paid d man )

2. ryder is NOT a core player ( we are NOT making the playoffs ..we are still 2 or 3 years away and do you think ryder is going to stay with the stars after 2 + 30 goal seasons ? ... he is going to get $ from a good team )

rinaldo is like a mimi ott witch is $ ..... a third line of ott + rinaldo = 1 of the best third lines in the nhl

rinaldo would be more of a core player to us then ryder who 9 years older then rinaldo

this team need to rebuild big time ... i would also trade riberio to CHICAGO for mc.neil and carcillo

this would be the best case for the stars .... we should have rebuild 3 years ago

Doesn't matter, Philly wouldn't accept that trade anyways.

The best thing for us would be to try and get decent pieces for Morrow and Robidas. Ott and Ribeiro we can wait for and get a good deal for, but Morrow and Robidas need to go.

Let's just say we pull off a Morrow for Spooner trade, or get Spooner to allow Boston to move up. There's your future #2 center right there, and he could slot in as a winger for next season if he makes the team. While I'd prefer to keep Ribiero, it'd at least make him available to go to a place like Chicago for McNeill/Pirri and some other minor pieces. We'd pretty much be set, then, especially if we keep our 1st this year and draft one of Collberg, Girgensons, or A defenseman (I'll say Ceci but it could be any of them). So something like this is what we could be looking at:

Eriksson - Benn - R. Smith/Glennie
Fraser/Ritchie - Spooner/McNeill/Pirri/Girgensons - Chiasson/R. Smith

Carcillo and Rinaldo are 4th line goons. I don't want them anywhere near this team.

There are just way too many variables to try and figure out a core later. It's not worth the effort and it'd probably look nothing like what we'll see anyways.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Riptide

Quote:

Rinaldo isn't a 3rd liner. He got 5:40 minutes in the playoffs because he took stupid penalties. He averaged 7:30 minutes during the regular season. And you want to turn him into a 3rd liner in Dallas?

I agree that Ryder isn't a long term solution for Dallas... but in no way shape or form is/would Rinaldo be more of a core player than Ryder. If you expect Rinaldo to be a 3rd liner (getting 10-15mins) then you'll continue to suck.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

vCash: 50
Quote:

Why is Eriksson at center?
Why is the second line made up entirely of unproven rookies?
Lastly, that 3rd line is overkill big time, and hardly a line i'd call the "best".
Closer to the "worst", no doubt.
But I agree that Ryder isn't a core player moving forward.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
steveott x29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Doesn't matter, Philly wouldn't accept that trade anyways.

The best thing for us would be to try and get decent pieces for Morrow and Robidas. Ott and Ribeiro we can wait for and get a good deal for, but Morrow and Robidas need to go.

Let's just say we pull off a Morrow for Spooner trade, or get Spooner to allow Boston to move up. There's your future #2 center right there, and he could slot in as a winger for next season if he makes the team. While I'd prefer to keep Ribiero, it'd at least make him available to go to a place like Chicago for McNeill/Pirri and some other minor pieces. We'd pretty much be set, then, especially if we keep our 1st this year and draft one of Collberg, Girgensons, or A defenseman (I'll say Ceci but it could be any of them). So something like this is what we could be looking at:

Eriksson - Benn - R. Smith/Glennie
Fraser/Ritchie - Spooner/McNeill/Pirri/Girgensons - Chiasson/R. Smith

Carcillo and Rinaldo are 4th line goons. I don't want them anywhere near this team.

There are just way too many variables to try and figure out a core later. It's not worth the effort and it'd probably look nothing like what we'll see anyways.

i agree with every thing but............

1. steve ott should not and will not be traded he is a core player for the stars and should be the captin of the team ( i would not trade ott even if we go stamkos )

we have a midget 4th line for the last 4 years ... we need grit ..carcillo and rinaldo would be great ( they would not do what avery did here )

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
i agree with every thing but............

1. steve ott should not and will not be traded he is a core player for the stars and should be the captin of the team ( i would not trade ott even if we go stamkos )

we have a midget 4th line for the last 4 years ... we need grit ..carcillo and rinaldo would be great ( they would not do what avery did here )
No offense but I'm not gonna take anything you say about Ott seriously, just like no one should take what I say about Benn seriously. All I have to do is look at your username and this post makes sense.

Why was Ott being shopped at the trade deadline then? If we get a good deal for him, he can go.

We don't need grit, we need skill. The best teams in the league aren't gritty, they're skilled. Grit gets you nowhere.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Brand New Stars

I can't read another word from him after that.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

There is no chance that the flyers make this move. No chance at all.

They are of equal talents, but one of them is signed for 2 years and is 10 years younger. Where is the incentive.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
There is no chance that the flyers make this move. No chance at all.

They are of equal talents, but one of them is signed for 2 years and is 10 years younger. Where is the incentive.
RH shot and less cap, like it says in the OP?

Totally understand why not though

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Prairie Habs

What exactly is Robidas' value to Dallas? I could see Montreal kicking tires for a vet RD to help with the young guys.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:45 PM
ScubaSteve*

Benn+ for Giroux.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:00 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Benn+ for Giroux.
What is this...

Are you finally giving Benn some credit...?

Not happening though.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
What exactly is Robidas' value to Dallas? I could see Montreal kicking tires for a vet RD to help with the young guys.
He is part of the old guard, and the team is probably looking for a younger/NHL ready player

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Benn+ for Giroux.
Stars win that trade.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Philadelphia says no to the OP proposal. It's not a horrible thought out idea, but it makes little to no sense from a perspective of Philadelphia.

I think they give Meszaros a chance to show his season prior to last years was not a fluke.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

What would it take to get Schenn?

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
What would it take to get Schenn?
They'd be fair to ask for 13th + Oleksiak.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Should have added, what would they offer for Glennie. I think the two should be playing together

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Benn+ for Giroux.
That plus better be huge!

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote