HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (Part XXXVI): Playoffs!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2012, 12:02 AM
  #901
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,914
vCash: 500
I think I know why Maaarty let in the OT goal.

Yesterday was National Donut Day. Dunkin Donuts had cheap donuts! Fatty was probably eating his weight in donuts.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:10 AM
  #902
rvdnsx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
What makes you think we would have matched up any better against the Kings? The Kings are essentially a better version of the Devils.

Styles make matchups.

But the Rangers didn't really dominate against any team they faced nor were convincing. They struggled against a quick transitional Sens team.

The had a hard time with a trapping puck possesion team(Washington). They lost to a forechecking, puck possession Devils team.
My point exactly! No one will ever know how a Rangers-Kings final would have turned out. We don't really play the Kings enough to determine how they match up.

It's just frustrating to watch a team like the Devils beat your own team. If the Devils were up 2-0 or even split the first two games I could say that they were more deserving then us and would make this a long, exciting Final good for hockey and for the NHL.

But if the Devils lose in a sweep or maybe even 5 games then I'm sure most Ranger fans would be saying to themselves, "Man, the Rangers could have had a better showing then these interference artists and diving Uncle Daddy's. Great job NJ for representing the Eastern Conference!"

This series isn't over yet by any means, NJ could get back on track by winning a couple games in LA, but I can't be the only poster here who has this bittersweet feeling in their gut through this SCF. On one hand I want the Kings to pound the Devils and sweep them simply excuse they are the Mickey Mouse Franchise (thank you Great One). On the other hand, what might have been had the Rangers pulled out Game 5 at home in the ECF and took out the Devils. This may have been one of the Rangers best chances to win a Cup during Lundqvists career, time will tell.

rvdnsx is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:13 AM
  #903
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdnsx View Post
My point exactly! No one will ever know how a Rangers-Kings final would have turned out. We don't really play the Kings enough to determine how they match up.

It's just frustrating to watch a team like the Devils beat your own team. If the Devils were up 2-0 or even split the first two games I could say that they were more deserving then us and would make this a long, exciting Final good for hockey and for the NHL.

But if the Devils lose in a sweep or maybe even 5 games then I'm sure most Ranger fans would be saying to themselves, "Man, the Rangers could have had a better showing then these interference artists and diving Uncle Daddy's. Great job NJ for representing the Eastern Conference!"

This series isn't over yet by any means, NJ could get back on track by winning a couple games in LA, but I can't be the only poster here who has this bittersweet feeling in their gut through this SCF. On one hand I want the Kings to pound the Devils and sweep them simply excuse they are the Mickey Mouse Franchise (thank you Great One). On the other hand, what might have been had the Rangers pulled out Game 5 at home in the ECF and took out the Devils. This may have been one of the Rangers best chances to win a Cup during Lundqvists career, time will tell.
Time will indeed tell...but I don't think it will have been his best chance. His career is only about half over, and I predict the team that will be playing in front of him for the next 7 years will be better than the teams he backstopped thus far.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:17 AM
  #904
rvdnsx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Time will indeed tell...but I don't think it will have been his best chance. His career is only about half over, and I predict the team that will be playing in front of him for the next 7 years will be better than the teams he backstopped thus far.
I hope so as long as we stay the course and the young players improve.

rvdnsx is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:17 AM
  #905
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdnsx View Post
My point exactly! No one will ever know how a Rangers-Kings final would have turned out. We don't really play the Kings enough to determine how they match up.

It's just frustrating to watch a team like the Devils beat your own team. If the Devils were up 2-0 or even split the first two games I could say that they were more deserving then us and would make this a long, exciting Final good for hockey and for the NHL.

But if the Devils lose in a sweep or maybe even 5 games then I'm sure most Ranger fans would be saying to themselves, "Man, the Rangers could have had a better showing then these interference artists and diving Uncle Daddy's. Great job NJ for representing the Eastern Conference!"

This series isn't over yet by any means, NJ could get back on track by winning a couple games in LA, but I can't be the only poster here who has this bittersweet feeling in their gut through this SCF. On one hand I want the Kings to pound the Devils and sweep them simply excuse they are the Mickey Mouse Franchise (thank you Great One). On the other hand, what might have been had the Rangers pulled out Game 5 at home in the ECF and took out the Devils. This may have been one of the Rangers best chances to win a Cup during Lundqvists career, time will tell.
I don't, I think it just reinforces the fact that we would have gotten our butts handed to us. I said as such even before we got to the ECF. At least we got an extra two weeks worth of rest for next season. Again, how do we beat the Kings when we couldn't beat a lesser version of them that is the Devils?

Remember that mobile Defense corps we struggled against in Ottawa. Well magnify that with the Kings, on top of a punishing forecheck(when they want to play) with WAY more skill. We wouldn't have had a prayer. Maybe Hank steals a game for us, but who cares?

I don't care about about going to SC finals and losing. I want to win it, and I don't think this team had it in them yet.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:18 AM
  #906
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,171
vCash: 500
Parise, 3 games without a point?

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:19 AM
  #907
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Parise, 3 games without a point?
Just bringing his cap hit down. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 12:21 AM
  #908
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,168
vCash: 500
Kings woulda stomped the Rangers...

Inferno is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:04 AM
  #909
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
ha ha!!! MAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty

frikin carter... too bad we didn't pick him up as a plan B.

would have been great in ranger blue.

makes too much sense i guess...
Jeff Carter is ****ing terrible, OT goal or not. I'm overjoyed we didn't get him. Same goes for Penner. Amazing how these guys show a little hustle and use an ounce of their skill once every 10 shifts and look like they're playing hockey.

I want the Kings to win, but it legitimately pisses me off.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:11 AM
  #910
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Just bringing his cap hit down. lol
sather should stay away from this new gomez .

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:29 AM
  #911
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
This. Even if the Devils split in LA, they're in an immense amount of trouble.
Devils won two games apiece at both MSG and Wells Fargo Center. Winning at Staples isn't an impossible task. But they need a spark from somewhere other than the 4th line.
Kovalchuk's injury has limited him to a PP specialist and the Kings are too ferocious on the backcheck for him to create anything. Clarkson is obviously hurt as well. The devils have played well in the first two games aside from the game 1 first period, but they cannot establish any momentum without a lead of some type. Now this tension is starting to build.

Tundra is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:45 AM
  #912
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Devils won two games apiece at both MSG and Wells Fargo Center. Winning at Staples isn't an impossible task. But they need a spark from somewhere other than the 4th line.
Kovalchuk's injury has limited him to a PP specialist and the Kings are too ferocious on the backcheck for him to create anything. Clarkson is obviously hurt as well. The devils have played well in the first two games aside from the game 1 first period, but they cannot establish any momentum without a lead of some type. Now this tension is starting to build.
They have to win 4 out of the next 5 games(3 of which are in LA) against an LA team that has meticulously torn apart every team they've faced, and are much more fresh and much less injured with a superior and much younger goaltender. Series over.

h0ckeyman is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:46 AM
  #913
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Devils won two games apiece at both MSG and Wells Fargo Center. Winning at Staples isn't an impossible task. But they need a spark from somewhere other than the 4th line.
Kovalchuk's injury has limited him to a PP specialist and the Kings are too ferocious on the backcheck for him to create anything. Clarkson is obviously hurt as well. The devils have played well in the first two games aside from the game 1 first period, but they cannot establish any momentum without a lead of some type. Now this tension is starting to build.
Certainly the Devils can win on the road...but they've got to win 4 of 5 to take the series, with 3 in LA. Definitely a tall order. They lose on Monday and they're done.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:54 AM
  #914
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
They have to win 4 out of the next 5 games(3 of which are in LA) against an LA team that has meticulously torn apart every team they've faced, and are much more fresh and much less injured with a superior and much younger goaltender. Series over.
True statement. But look at the shot totals in the last 2 games and compare that to what LA was doing to both St. Louis and Phoenix. I think at one point through 2 games of the Phoenix series the shot ratio disparity was robustly 2:1 in the kings favor. The devils are exchanging blow for blow with the kings. And the kings aren't exactly a juggernaut at home. It's a tough task but the devils are the definition of resiliency, which go well beyond Kovalchuk and Parise. In fact during some of these postseason games, those 2 have been backseat occupants.


Last edited by Tundra: 06-03-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Tundra is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 01:56 AM
  #915
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Certainly the Devils can win on the road...but they've got to win 4 of 5 to take the series, with 3 in LA. Definitely a tall order. They lose on Monday and they're done.
Small baby steps in game 3. An actual lead would be nice.

Tundra is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 02:12 AM
  #916
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
They have to win 4 out of the next 5 games(3 of which are in LA) against an LA team that has meticulously torn apart every team they've faced, and are much more fresh and much less injured with a superior and much younger goaltender. Series over.
this is eddie olczyk and nbc's fault for giving too much attention to a team that just won 10 in a row on the road .

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 02:40 AM
  #917
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Kings woulda stomped the Rangers...


We'd be down 2-0 as well I reckon.

darko is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 02:53 AM
  #918
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
As much as I loathe Marty and the devils, it would kinda be awesome to see the Kings just hit a wall and suddenly go cold and lose 4 of 5 to the devils.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 03:09 AM
  #919
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
As much as I loathe Marty and the devils, it would kinda be awesome to see the Kings just hit a wall and suddenly go cold and lose 4 of 5 to the devils.
Wtf how is that awesome? It would be better if Marty just falls apart and so do the devils

poeman is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 03:26 AM
  #920
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
As much as I loathe Marty and the devils, it would kinda be awesome to see the Kings just hit a wall and suddenly go cold and lose 4 of 5 to the devils.
Excuse me, what's the cool part of that again? I don't get it!

jniklast is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 03:41 AM
  #921
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Just because everyone's been talking about how the Kings are rolling over everyone for over a month now, and I just think itd be funny to see them get shocked and lose 4 straight and go ice cold after getting on such a hot streak.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 03:44 AM
  #922
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Just because everyone's been talking about how the Kings are rolling over everyone for over a month now, and I just think itd be funny to see them get shocked and lose 4 straight and go ice cold after getting on such a hot streak.
Against some other team, maybe.

But against the Debbies? That wouldn't be funny at all, that would be soul crushing.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 03:53 AM
  #923
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Against some other team, maybe.

But against the Debbies? That wouldn't be funny at all, that would be soul crushing.
Heh, yea you're right. Down with Fatso!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 04:02 AM
  #924
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Kings woulda stomped the Rangers...
Looks to me that at least so far the Kings are playing just like the Rangers except they've gotten the breaks against the shmevils and we didn't. In fact, the Rangers won two of the first three games 3-0 so we were better.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:25 AM
  #925
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
I admit i was cheering when the Kings scored in OT in game 2, i can't help it, i hate the Devils so much that i just have to root against them no matter who they play. Hopefully the Kings win on monday and go up 3-0 in the series, the Devils and their fans won't know what the hell hit em.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.