HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official NYR "Untouchables" Poll / Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2012, 12:46 AM
  #101
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
The only untouchable players on this roster are Lundqvist and Callahan.

There are a few players that are highly unlikely to be traded, such as Richards and Gaborik (who everyone seems to be forgetting scored 40+ goals this season), too. Their salary is a part of the reason why.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:47 AM
  #102
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
our 3rd and 4th lines are fine.thats not what this team needs.they need another potential 30 goal scorer to compliment Gaborik,not replace him.we have more then enough bottom 6 players already.

we need 1 more big sniper to help free up space and compliment our only true sniper,Gaborik.
seriously? our bottom six is a disaster. guys like prust, boyle, mitchell feds, and rupp contribute almost nothing offensively. i mean boyle and prust get 3rd line minutes and they combined for 16 goals this season. you cant honestly say we dont need more talent on the third line.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:23 AM
  #103
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
seriously? our bottom six is a disaster. guys like prust, boyle, mitchell feds, and rupp contribute almost nothing offensively. i mean boyle and prust get 3rd line minutes and they combined for 16 goals this season. you cant honestly say we dont need more talent on the third line.
Prust and Boyle never should play on the 3rd line,thats not there fault,thats Torts fault.when you can slide guys like Dubi and Anisimov on the 3rd line,you dont need anymore bottom 6 players.as i said,they need another big time scorer for the top line.

once you get that,then you can start moving players down to their proper lines so they arent playing on lines they shouldnt be playing on-Boyle,Prust,Mitchell a perfect example

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:42 AM
  #104
Deathdealer
Registered User
 
Deathdealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie
Country: United States
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
ok its friday, time to get everyone going nuts. hank to la for brown and quick, gabby to clb for nash, sign zack call it a day


Last edited by Deathdealer: 06-01-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:13 AM
  #105
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,887
vCash: 500
I think this comes down to what we define as 'untouchable'. I get why people call Callahan untouchable...we all love him, despite what was not an amazing playoff performance. He came up in our system, he busts his butt non-stop, he's fearless, and he seems to be a great captain.

That said, if Chicago offers Patrick Kane...Philly offers Claude Girioux...Ottawa offers Erik Karlsson...Boston offers Tyler Seguin...and there are others...Callahan is no longer untouchable.

As I said in a prior post, the only untouchables I see on this team are two guys who we don't know what their ceiling is yet - and it could be very high - making the possibility that a trade, no matter how good it looks right now, could come back to bite us down the road...Kreider and McDonagh.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:48 AM
  #106
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
As I said in a prior post, the only untouchables I see on this team are two guys who we don't know what their ceiling is yet - and it could be very high - making the possibility that a trade, no matter how good it looks right now, could come back to bite us down the road...Kreider and McDonagh.


This is completely true. I would just add Hank as there wouldn't be a trade realistic enough to get rid of him in his prime. Maybe Staal too because he isn't 25 yet and that's when most defensemen develop. And he's almost back to normal after his injury

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:09 PM
  #107
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,936
vCash: 500
Didn't read every post I confess. Taking a few liberties with the OP, here are my categories:

1) Virtually really untouchable (only dealt for uber elite, Malkin, Stamkos)
Kreider, McDonagh, Lundqvist, Callahan

2) Seriously near untouchable (want serious upgrade to move)
Gaborik (sniper), Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Anisimov,

Hagelin + Boyle are between 2 and 3, Hags because he's a rookie, so he gets a slight curve this time around, showed a lot; Boyle gets here because of is playoff effort, saved it for post season trying to deliver his best then and gave all he had.

3) Will move for a clear upgrade, need not be serious
Stepan (expected better) Richards (ditto)
Fedotenko (no complaints, but would take the profit on a deal)

4 Will move for a possible upgrade Stralman (no complaints, but would take the profit on a deal), Bickel (ditto) Biron


Sure I'm forgetting one or 2, and I'm not even talking about our prospects yet

5 Would consider moving for less than upgrade: I'll fill this in later.

6. Make sure you t let the door hit you on the way out, you bum: Avery

These designations may make the categories more accurate.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:27 PM
  #108
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Didn't read every post I confess. Taking a few liberties with the OP, here are my categories:

1) Virtually really untouchable (only dealt for uber elite, Malkin, Stamkos)
Kreider, McDonagh, Lundqvist, Callahan

2) Seriously near untouchable (want serious upgrade to move)
Gaborik (sniper), Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Anisimov,

Hagelin + Boyle are between 2 and 3, Hags because he's a rookie, so he gets a slight curve this time around, showed a lot; Boyle gets here because of is playoff effort, saved it for post season trying to deliver his best then and gave all he had.

3) Will move for a clear upgrade, need not be serious
Stepan (expected better) Richards (ditto)
Fedotenko (no complaints, but would take the profit on a deal)

4 Will move for a possible upgrade Stralman (no complaints, but would take the profit on a deal), Bickel (ditto) Biron


Sure I'm forgetting one or 2, and I'm not even talking about our prospects yet

5 Would consider moving for less than upgrade: I'll fill this in later.

6. Make sure you t let the door hit you on the way out, you bum: Avery

These designations may make the categories more accurate.
I can't imagine how Boyle could be more untouchable than Stepan.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
  #109
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I can't imagine how Boyle could be more untouchable than Stepan.
i cant imagine the package Kreider would be a part of for an "uber elite"

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:53 PM
  #110
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
i cant imagine the package Kreider would be a part of for an "uber elite"
You don't think it would take a huge return for the team to move Kreider? I don't see him going anywhere unless an elite talent was coming back.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:58 PM
  #111
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You don't think it would take a huge return for the team to move Kreider? I don't see him going anywhere unless an elite talent was coming back.
of course it will take a huge return to move Kreider.but Malkin or Stamkos huge?thats a bit crazy.his value is nowhere near that level.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
  #112
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
of course it will take a huge return to move Kreider.but Malkin or Stamkos huge?thats a bit crazy.his value is nowhere near that level.
Fair enough...but my guess is they are only moving him if the return is a player one level below the Malkin/Stamkos mold.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:37 AM
  #113
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I think this comes down to what we define as 'untouchable'. I get why people call Callahan untouchable...we all love him, despite what was not an amazing playoff performance. He came up in our system, he busts his butt non-stop, he's fearless, and he seems to be a great captain.

That said, if Chicago offers Patrick Kane...Philly offers Claude Girioux...Ottawa offers Erik Karlsson...Boston offers Tyler Seguin...and there are others...Callahan is no longer untouchable.

As I said in a prior post, the only untouchables I see on this team are two guys who we don't know what their ceiling is yet - and it could be very high - making the possibility that a trade, no matter how good it looks right now, could come back to bite us down the road...Kreider and McDonagh.
Kreider for Kopitar

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
  #114
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Stepan? Untouchable? You people are ****ing nuts. He is absolutely not untouchable. Kreider yes, Stepan, no.
this. richards is also touchable. i only put kreider and callahan on the untouchable list right now for forwards. stepan isn't even close.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:37 AM
  #115
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
Lundqvist is the only untouchable on this team because there isn't a player in this league I would trade him for. imo

Any other single player on the team i would trade for a guy like Malkin or Stamkos.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:14 AM
  #116
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
I agree with the guy up above a few posts that said nobody is untouchable if a guy like Sequin or Malkin or etc comes our way.

And also if anyone cares, i traded Gaborik and 2 first round picks for Kovalchuk in NHL 12 lol i love messing around with trades in that game, i also traded Anisimov, Girardi and a 1st rounder for Sequin.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:21 AM
  #117
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr
 
captain9nyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hammonton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Forwards:
Chris Kreider
Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin
Derek Stepan
I honestly don't have a 5th. Anyone else is expendable in the right deal.

Defensemen:
Ryan McDonagh
Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
  #118
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Forwards:
Chris Kreider
Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin
Derek Stepan
I honestly don't have a 5th. Anyone else is expendable in the right deal.

Defensemen:
Ryan McDonagh
Dan GirardiHagelin
Michael Del Zotto
Hagelin is untouchable but Gretzky was not. Yup.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:16 PM
  #119
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
IMO, Lundqvist and McDonagh are the only untouchables. Those are the only two players on this team that are right in the prime years of their career and are honestly amongst the elite players at their position. Obviously we have some other great players that I love and would be sad to see leave but those two guys are the only untouchables.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:12 PM
  #120
The New Originals
Registered User
 
The New Originals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. Land
Country: United States
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
The only untouchable players on this roster are Lundqvist and Callahan.
I don't see what makes Callahan untouchable.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
  #121
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Originals View Post
I don't see what makes Callahan untouchable.
he's not untouchable,but it would take a massive overpayment to get him.
which basically makes him untouchable when you think about it

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:18 PM
  #122
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Honestly, there is no one, and I repeat, no one on this team that is labelled as untouchable.

The only one you could make an argument for is Lundqvist but you could also argue the other way as well.

__________________
New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
  #123
Lone Ranger
Registered User
 
Lone Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Hank, McDonagh and Kreider.

Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:22 PM
  #124
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Honestly, there is no one, and I repeat, no one on this team that is labelled as untouchable.

The only one you could make an argument for is Lundqvist but you could also argue the other way as well.
McD is.i honestly cant ever see him being traded

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:25 PM
  #125
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
McD is.i honestly cant ever see him being traded
No he's not, because if someone comes along with an incredible offer, then McD is movable.

I'm not saying it would happen but it just proves that no one is untouchable.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.