HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tobias Enstrom

Old
06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Tobias Enstrom

Enstom + 2nd

for

Simmonds + Read

Very interesting deal posted on the trade forums. Would you take it?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:16 AM
MR28
McDavid pls

Absolutely not.

MR28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Jray42

vCash: 50
No, since Enstrom is only signed for one more year.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:19 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'd consider, but ultimately, I'd have to say no. Simmonds scored 28 goals in a third line role this year and Read had a fantastic first year. I really like Enstrom, but that would be tough to give up a right winger and a left winger without anyone on the roster being able to replicate their production. If I also remember correctly, Enstrom only has one year left on his contract before he becomes a UFA.

With that being said, if the deal were say:

To Philadelphia: Tobias Enstrom + Andrew Ladd
To Winnipeg: Wayne Simmonds + Matt Read

then I'd strongly consider that. However, that would still be a bit of a tough pill to swallow.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:16 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
No, since Enstrom is only signed for one more year.
I agree. Depending on how things shake out this off season, Enström could be a very good player to add next year though. As a replacement for Timonen he fits the bill pretty nicely.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:30 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd consider, but ultimately, I'd have to say no. Simmonds scored 28 goals in a third line role this year and Read had a fantastic first year. I really like Enstrom, but that would be tough to give up a right winger and a left winger without anyone on the roster being able to replicate their production. If I also remember correctly, Enstrom only has one year left on his contract before he becomes a UFA.

With that being said, if the deal were say:

To Philadelphia: Tobias Enstrom + Andrew Ladd
To Winnipeg: Wayne Simmonds + Matt Read

then I'd strongly consider that. However, that would still be a bit of a tough pill to swallow.
Simmonds has the most hollow numbers in the league. Read gives this team so much more than swatting rebounds in for garbage goals. With the way Simmonds was used, his production is very easily replaced.

I wouldn't want to part ways with Read. If someone is dumb enough to give us something of value for Simmonds then great.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I agree. Depending on how things shake out this off season, Enström could be a very good player to add next year though. As a replacement for Timonen he fits the bill pretty nicely.
He essentially is Timonen. If we were able to get him for Simmonds, I would be over the moon

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Simmonds has the most hollow numbers in the league. Read gives this team so much more than swatting rebounds in for garbage goals. With the way Simmonds was used, his production is very easily replaced.

I wouldn't want to part ways with Read. If someone is dumb enough to give us something of value for Simmonds then great.
It seems to me that the team was missing an effective net-front player before Simmonds' arrival. While I don't think anyone is going to confuse him with a gamebreaking top-line forward, he's a pretty valuable piece, and is, what, 3 years younger than Read?

As to the OP, I wouldn't do that. It might make sense to take a run at Enstrom after next year, if Timonen retires.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Like I said on the trade board: No. Not worth losing two of the future forward core who can actually play defense for a guy with one year remaining on this contract (and may want to test the UFA market) and a 2nd round pick.

This could happen:

Lose Simmonds
Lose Read
2nd round pick is a bust.
Lose Enstrom to FA, especially if Philly mistreats him, or the market for defensemen is dry-- and he could get *paid* elsewhere

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Bryzard of Oz

Remove Wpg's second, Read, and add Flyers 2nd.

Bryzard of Oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

No I keep Simmer.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:50 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Enstrom is not the defenseman we need IMO. I'd consider it if timonen were retiring right now, but untill then...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:03 PM
mm6492

The value is close, but I want to keep Simmonds. We ned to keep physical players. And I would honestly want to keep Read also cause his contract helps us a ton right now. So its not teh value, but I don't see it happening.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Jray42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Enstrom is not the defenseman we need IMO. I'd consider it if timonen were retiring right now, but untill then...
I don't see Timonen lasting past this year.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:29 PM
dookie88

It seems to me that everybody liking this trade underestimate the offensive output of Read and Simmer.
You essentially give up 50 goals and 100 points here.
I like Enstrom but this is a huge package for him.

If I really want Enstrom I wait until the deadline and try to get him for a first then.
He'd look good here, no doubt.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:09 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Well, if Carle isnt here, what puckmovers do we have on the team even with Timonen playing? You can't role with just one puck moving defenseman on the team.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

he's UFA next year, definitely wait til deadline. I think he'd be an excellent kimo replacement but he's not a necessity at this time. Definitely not worth Read and Simmer.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:05 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
That's so laughable, I don't even know where to begin. You say Simmonds numbers are the most "hollow" numbers in the league. Yet, when the Flyers let Mike Knuble walk as a free agent, there was no one who was able to replace what Mike brought. Enter Simmonds. He's taken on the Mike Knuble role on this club (which was originally set for Hartnell, but he couldn't handle the task) and has done so really well. Say what you want about swatting in rebounds for garbage goals. Those goals need to be scored in order to win games. Simmonds does a lot of dirty work for the club and does a lot of heavy lifting for his linemates. So, I don't know where you get these "hollow" numbers from, but if you take away those 28 goals he scored, who's going to replace them, JVR?

Old
06-03-2012, 02:08 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
That's so laughable, I don't even know where to begin. You say Simmonds numbers are the most "hollow" numbers in the league. Yet, when the Flyers let Mike Knuble walk as a free agent, there was no one who was able to replace what Mike brought. Enter Simmonds. He's taken on the Mike Knuble role on this club (which was originally set for Hartnell, but he couldn't handle the task) and has done so really well. Say what you want about swatting in rebounds for garbage goals. Those goals need to be scored in order to win games. Simmonds does a lot of dirty work for the club and does a lot of heavy lifting for his linemates. So, I don't know where you get these "hollow" numbers from, but if you take away those 28 goals he scored, who's going to replace them, JVR?
Also, we sometimes forget how young this kid is. Is he even 23 yet? Just wait until Simmonds puts on some more muscle and matures a bit. Guy will be a tank.

BrimFullofAsham45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Also, we sometimes forget how young this kid is. Is he even 23 yet? Just wait until Simmonds puts on some more muscle and matures a bit. Guy will be a tank.
He'll be 24 this August.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
BrindamoursNose

I don't want their pick. I'd rather keep Read and add a 2nd. Even a first.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM
VanSciver

Quote:

This is a ridiculous statement. And the stating that a team would have to be dumb enough to give something of value for Simmonds is more of the same. What makes a goal a garbage goal? And quantify how Simmonds has the most hollow numbers in the League? Does a goal scored on a rebound from a foot away count less on the scoreboard then one scored on a wicked wrister from 20 feet? Eery player has a skill set and strengths and weaknesses. Simmonds is his physical play along the wall, around the net, and on the forecheck. If he is so easily replaced, who do you propose replaces him?

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:11 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
I'm fine with moving Simmonds, I'm fine with moving Read, and I'm fine with obtaining Enstrom. I just don't like it happening all in the same deal.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:00 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:

He's a 23 year old power forward who weighs only 175 lbs. He already has a pretty good in front of the net presence and if the Flyers continue to groom him as they did last year AND he fills out the rest of his frame even more, he's going to be immovable from the front of the net.

He is already a very strong player and I'm excited to see what he can turn into. Especially with a player like Hartnell getting older.

Fact is, both Read and Simmonds are producing in secondary roles on cheap deals. Both play pivotal special team roles as well, and both would be difficult to replace for what they give and for how much they're getting in return.

I would rather do JVR or Voracek for someone like Enstrom (probably would prefer to move JVR more, though there are some adamantly against that).

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:12 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
He's a 23 year old power forward who weighs only 175 lbs. He already has a pretty good in front of the net presence and if the Flyers continue to groom him as they did last year AND he fills out the rest of his frame even more, he's going to be immovable from the front of the net.

He is already a very strong player and I'm excited to see what he can turn into. Especially with a player like Hartnell getting older.

Fact is, both Read and Simmonds are producing in secondary roles on cheap deals. Both play pivotal special team roles as well, and both would be difficult to replace for what they give and for how much they're getting in return.

I would rather do JVR or Voracek for someone like Enstrom (probably would prefer to move JVR more, though there are some adamantly against that).
The investment on Read is minimal. He'd be the first player I move. JvR was a 2nd overall pick, Simmonds and Schenn were pieces for Richards, Voracek for Carter. Read was a FA shot in the dark out of college, and is by far the most movable piece for me personally.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote