HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Broom of the System

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Just curious, but wondering hypothetically, if Suter left, would Nashville be interested in regaining their 1st round pick from Buffalo, along with Jordan Leopold, in exchange for David Legwand? Am I close at all?
Doubt it, that would leave us way too thin at C, but I'm sure the Preds would love to get Derek Roy somehow...

Old
06-03-2012, 10:23 AM
predfan98

Saw where Teemu Lasko has signed with KHL...

Did we release him? CapGeekk has him listed as RFA... I am wrong in thinking that we have his rights until July 1st....

or did I miss something somewhere

Old
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Did we release him? CapGeekk has him listed as RFA... I am wrong in thinking that we have his rights until July 1st....

I would guess it was worked out with the club and him, much like Hudler and Detroit worked a deal out. We would retain his reights, but he would not have a contract with us.

and to be honest, we could probably use his contract (as 1 of 50, i mean) to better use now anyway.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

A player with RFA rights is free to sign in any league, but within the league they come from that team retains their rights in perpetuity until the player returns.

To retain a player's RFA rights, the club must qualify them at a % of their prior year's salary. If the player accepts that qualifier, then they have a contract and are no longer a FA. If the player is RFA eligible with arbitration rights and elects for an arbitration hearing, then they are also no longer eligible to sign elsewhere since they have agreed to a contract based upon the arbitrator's decision.

The latter of those two scenarios was where Jiri Hudler and the Wings had an issue with his KHL contract a couple summers ago.

Laakso was free to sign with anyone this summer, but could only sign with the Predators in the NHL.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:26 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
A player with RFA rights is free to sign in any league, but within the league they come from that team retains their rights in perpetuity until the player returns.

To retain a player's RFA rights, the club must qualify them at a % of their prior year's salary. If the player accepts that qualifier, then they have a contract and are no longer a FA. If the player is RFA eligible with arbitration rights and elects for an arbitration hearing, then they are also no longer eligible to sign elsewhere since they have agreed to a contract based upon the arbitrator's decision.

The latter of those two scenarios was where Jiri Hudler and the Wings had an issue with his KHL contract a couple summers ago.

Laakso was free to sign with anyone this summer, but could only sign with the Predators in the NHL.
thats why I said detroit and hudler worked a deal out

Old
06-03-2012, 12:45 PM
umbertovanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Doubt it, that would leave us way too thin at C, but I'm sure the Preds would love to get Derek Roy somehow...
Out of curiosity, what would you guys be willing to give up for Roy?
Keep in mind, though, that both teams have similar needs. Sabres need centers and top 6 toughness primarily. We don't need young d men.
Could Colin Wilson be in play?

Old
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
Out of curiosity, what would you guys be willing to give up for Roy?
Keep in mind, though, that both teams have similar needs. Sabres need centers and top 6 toughness primarily. We don't need young d men.
Could Colin Wilson be in play?
Absolutely yes. What would that deal look like? Wilson+? for Roy (+?)

Old
06-04-2012, 07:32 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Absolutely yes. What would that deal look like? Wilson+? for Roy (+?)
What about Roy for Fisher or Legwand. Both are solid defensively, good skaters, but Fisher I believe is the better face-off man. Fisher is better offensively as well. Maybe a change of scenery swap?
Nashville adds scoring in Roy, Buffalo adds size and defense in one of Fisher or Legwand. I would personally prefer Fisher, but that's me. Plus I'd love to see him play the Senators that many times a season, could possibly reignite that rivalry a bit.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:41 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I don't think Legwand will ever be moved. IF one of the two were traded, it would be Fisher.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:11 PM
cleangene

I very highly doubt either 11 or 12 leave the Predator organization.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:23 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
I very highly doubt either 11 or 12 leave the Predator organization.
Just curious, but why? I mean, they're both solid players, but they're basically the same player, with Fisher being a little more physical. But I would think they would want a guy down the middle who can get 65-75pts per season on a consistent basis. Whereas both Fisher and Legwand are more realistically 50-60pt guys. I realize the system in Nashville is a huge part of your success over the years, but it also seemed that they tried to open it up a bit with the Kostitsyn bros. & Radulov, although it blew up a bit, I think a large portion of that can be attributed to those specific individuals as opposed to a loosening of the system of sorts.

Just the thoughts of a fan who doesn't watch the Preds too often, so please correct if I'm completely and totally wrong.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:58 PM
token grinder

both legwand and fisher were better than roy last year. Why would we downgrade? because he had a nice two years three and four seasons ago?

Last edited by token grinder: 06-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old
06-04-2012, 11:46 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Just curious, but why? I mean, they're both solid players, but they're basically the same player, with Fisher being a little more physical. But I would think they would want a guy down the middle who can get 65-75pts per season on a consistent basis. Whereas both Fisher and Legwand are more realistically 50-60pt guys. I realize the system in Nashville is a huge part of your success over the years, but it also seemed that they tried to open it up a bit with the Kostitsyn bros. & Radulov, although it blew up a bit, I think a large portion of that can be attributed to those specific individuals as opposed to a loosening of the system of sorts.

Just the thoughts of a fan who doesn't watch the Preds too often, so please correct if I'm completely and totally wrong.
I should have qualified that statement with, "as long as the present administration is here..." The Trotz/Poile philosophy is tied to this mentality that goal tending, defense, and THEN offense is going to be the way things are done on the ice. Leggy and Fish (btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow) epitomize this type of play from the center position.

Old
06-05-2012, 08:29 AM
VFL615*

The Predators need a legit scoring center who can also play solid D no doubt about it. IMO Fisher and Legwand could be very effective on line 3 or 4 possibly 2 if they put up the numbers they did at times last year. The number 1 center is the ?-mark. Then you run into the problem of paying a bottom line center Legwand/Fisher money. I think we could do without 1 and be ok. Both would be hard to let go. I would keep Fisher if it was up to me.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
im gonna ask this every few days until someone can answer... did anything ever come of the supposed "big announcement" Rinne was working on??

Old
06-05-2012, 09:54 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
im gonna ask this every few days until someone can answer... did anything ever come of the supposed "big announcement" Rinne was working on??
the only thing that happened Friday was he bought beer and lunch for the preds staff. Maybe lunch on him was it.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Just wanted to run something up the flag pole. Could you guys tolerate a line up like this?

Parise-Fisher-Erat
SK-Legwand-Wilson
Bourque-Smith-Halischuk
Yip-Spaling-Hornqvist
McG

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi
Blum-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Lindback.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Just wanted to run something up the flag pole. Could you guys tolerate a line up like this?

Parise-Fisher-Erat
SK-Legwand-Wilson
Bourque-Smith-Halischuk
Yip-Spaling-Hornqvist
McG

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi
Blum-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Lindback.
Everything looks awesome except for our #6 Dman. Ekholm > Bartley, but, assuming we still have him, I love it.

Now we just have to get Suter and Parise to sign here, NBD

Old
06-05-2012, 12:45 PM
token grinder

Quote:

Parise-Fisher-Erat
SK-Legwand-Wilson
Bourque-Smith-Halischuk
Yip-Spaling-Hornqvist
McG

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi
Blum-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Lindback.
it looks fine, the only question is do you want to sign a vet now or give an asset to plug the vet dman spot in Feb.

also, there should be some asset from a radulov trade, although I guess it could be a pick.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:02 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it looks fine, the only question is do you want to sign a vet now or give an asset to plug the vet dman spot in Feb.

also, there should be some asset from a radulov trade, although I guess it could be a pick.
I brought this up with two bits of information in mind:

1) Cigarran's comment about the Preds being a cap team

2) Mirtle's tweet on how if the owners get their way a 50/50 cut would lead to the same cap number as last year. 64.3 million.

The team posted above would be 800K under the cap, about the same as Poile usually stops with the mid-point. I give Weber and Suter 7.5 million, Parise 7, Wilson 3, SK 2.75, Yip .7, Lindback .9, Blum .8, McG .65.

Now the owners want 50% but with each increase in percentage that means the cap goes up. I personally believe it will stop at 52% leading to a cap of 66.8. Which means you could replace Bartley with Cube. Yip with Tootoo, Lindback traded for a 1 Million $ vet.

Fact is, Poile can go in knowing the budget with be a min of 64.3 and hope for an increase. If the Preds pinch pennies, they can sign Weber, Suter, and Parise if they like.

I have Wilson at 3 million because I have ZERO idea what the guy will be paid. He's highly overrated and could give Legwand a run for his money as the bigger 1st rder bust.

If the cap goes up, make a move for Radulov and Lindback and get picks and prospects back. if anything, get a 1st and 2nd back and maybe a vet goalie.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I have Wilson at 3 million because I have ZERO idea what the guy will be paid. He's highly overrated and could give Legwand a run for his money as the bigger 1st rder bust.
Your post looks great except for this one part.

1. If Wilson gets 3 mil after getting benched in the playoffs...yikes
2. Legwand is NOT a bust. He is a solid #2 center. Check out the next 10 people that got picked and tell me if they're better than Leggy. That draft just plain sucked.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Your post looks great except for this one part.

1. If Wilson gets 3 mil after getting benched in the playoffs...yikes
2. Legwand is NOT a bust. He is a solid #2 center. Check out the next 10 people that got picked and tell me if they're better than Leggy. That draft just plain sucked.
Oh I agree but as a note, Legwand has better Goals per game and Points per game than Wilson. It's more a comparative compared to the commentary from the posters and detractors.

And I threw a 3 million number because I have NO idea what he's going to get. To me, he's trade target #3 behind Lindback and Radulov.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Oh I agree but as a note, Legwand has better Goals per game and Points per game than Wilson. It's more a comparative compared to the commentary from the posters and detractors.

And I threw a 3 million number because I have NO idea what he's going to get. To me, he's trade target #3 behind Lindback and Radulov.
SK got 2.5 after scoring 23 goals and 50 points. You never know, but my money is on about 1.5 for Willy.

Old
06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
VFL615*

Quote:

Parise-Fisher-Erat
SK-Legwand-Wilson
Bourque-Smith-Halischuk
Yip-Spaling-Hornqvist
McG

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi
Blum-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Lindback.
Fisher is not a #1 center. Not going to do any good to have Parise and Erat on line one with Fisher as the center.

SK in no way should be back on this team next year.

Halischuk did not earn a third line spot over Horny. Swap.

Only legit 1st line player we have who will be back next year is Erat. ?-?-Erat
Ideal line 2. Bourque-Fisher-Smith
Line 3. Horny-Legwand-Wilson

Old
06-05-2012, 02:43 PM
token grinder

Quote:
SK got 2.5 after scoring 23 goals and 50 points. You never know, but my money is on about 1.5 for Willy.
I think this is spot on. He may pull close to 2 million if he signs through his rfa years. All the guy we overvalue because they are good little plugs-the blums, lindbacks, kostitsyns are not going to be making much more than what they do now. Esp the kids coming off ELC and haven't played a full season, the team has them by the balls as far as contract neg. go.

Closed Thread