HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Goalie Dilemna

View Poll Results: How should the jackets resolve their goalie dilemna?
Sign the 2 best UFA's available 16 28.07%
Sign a UFA & re-sign Sanford 24 42.11%
Insist on a starting goalie as part of the Nash trade 9 15.79%
Trade for Luongo exclusive of Nash deal 7 12.28%
Trade for a goalie other than in a Nash or Luongo deal 15 26.32%
Other 10 17.54%
Draft both Subban and Dansk if available 11 19.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2012, 10:07 PM
  #76
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post
no to any goalie over 30. mason is the starter for another year and enters his prime , moore+2nd overall to edm for 1, nail gets the calder , atkinson and johansen have career years , nash is still wearing his C because trading him is the opposite of right , we still suck but the future is bright.

Methot=next captain
Hmm.... That's umm, an interesting thought process?

gojackets1 is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 10:43 PM
  #77
NashPF61
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
anton forsberg is also a steal , why even scout NA goalies these euro kids are stopping slapshots from bantams at pewee. also , throw in LA's 1st and one of our russian Dman for grabner, both sides satisfied.

NashPF61 is offline  
Old
05-28-2012, 10:50 PM
  #78
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Hmm.... That's umm, an interesting thought process?
Are you questioning whether that's interesting or if it is actually a thought process?

FANonymous is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 04:23 AM
  #79
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkbox View Post
which goalie do you think they would want to move more / faster though ? Rask or Thomas ...?

hard decision in my mind ...

I believe this deal may be Lucic + Rask + pick ? for Nash + Mason

The Bruins would not likely want a goalie back in trade for either Rask or Thomas.

They have Anton Khudobin signed to a one way contract for 2012-13 and he would be the back-up goaltender in Boston.

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 06:15 AM
  #80
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Are you questioning whether that's interesting or if it is actually a thought process?
You know, I honestly couldn't tell you..

gojackets1 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:49 AM
  #81
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,686
vCash: 500
Goalie Frederik Andersen turned down an ELC offer from Carolina because he doesn't want to get stuck playing for years in the AHL and sees no immediate chance to play for the Hurricanes (http://tv2sport.dk/andersen-takker-nej-til-nhl-kontrakt - in Danish).

He's 22 and played pretty well for Denmark at the WC and had very good stats for Frölunda in the SEL.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15205

If the Jackets want a prospect to replace Corbeil, Andersen would be a good choice. He's a free agent now since he's too old for the draft. He's not ready for the NHL and has one year left with his contract with Frölunda, but has NHL starter potential. Frölunda has produced some good goalies, including Henrik Lundqvist.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
  #82
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Goalie Frederik Andersen turned down an ELC offer from Carolina because he doesn't want to get stuck playing for years in the AHL and sees no immediate chance to play for the Hurricanes (http://tv2sport.dk/andersen-takker-nej-til-nhl-kontrakt - in Danish).

He's 22 and played pretty well for Denmark at the WC and had very good stats for Frölunda in the SEL.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15205

If the Jackets want a prospect to replace Corbeil, Andersen would be a good choice. He's a free agent now since he's too old for the draft. He's not ready for the NHL and has one year left with his contract with Frölunda, but has NHL starter potential. Frölunda has produced some good goalies, including Henrik Lundqvist.
Trying to remember who else I know who's played for Frolunda. I thought it was Norrena, but I checked and he was apparently at Linkoping.

EDIT: Huselius, apparently. I thought I was remembering a goaltender. Nevermind.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 12:32 PM
  #83
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Rumor is Thomas is thinking of taking a sabbatical from hockey.

It's enough to remove him from my wishlist. Too many red flags.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 01:09 PM
  #84
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Rumor is Thomas is thinking of taking a sabbatical from hockey.

It's enough to remove him from my wishlist. Too many red flags.
A sanbatical from hockey at age 39 does not sound like a very encouraging career path. Should he return, I'm sure someone will chance it, but I hope it's not the Jackets.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
  #85
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ClosedDoorMeeting
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,685
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
The Bruins told him he may get traded to Columbus and he said "you know what, **** it, family time"

Jovavic is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
  #86
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 15,979
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
The Bruins told him he may get traded to Columbus and he said "you know what, **** it, family time"
I'd believe it.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
  #87
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,002
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
The Bruins told him he may get traded to Columbus and he said "you know what, **** it, family time"
I'd believe it too... or a run for office.

Robert is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
  #88
DoggyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
I was listening to the sports talk radio up here and they were discussing the TT predicament. It was suggested the Bruins might take a third rounder for him but they were sending up all kinds of red flags.

After the Jeff Carter debacle last year...no way Howson risks anything on a guy who might be less than 100% thrilled to be in Columbus.

DoggyII is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:55 PM
  #89
eljefe72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
The Bruins told him he may get traded to Columbus and he said "you know what, **** it, family time"
That would be real funny if it weren't so plausible.

eljefe72 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
  #90
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 16,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
The Bruins told him he may get traded to Columbus and he said "you know what, **** it, family time"
I know this is high comedy because it pokes fun at the CBJ, but I wouldn't be surprised that the trade speculation in general might have caused him to consider a "break."

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:19 PM
  #91
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
The Bruins told him he may get traded to Columbus and he said "you know what, **** it, family time"
Funny thing is that, a week ago when I suggested a Bruins/CBJ trade might involve an additional first-rounder as a hedge against Thomas possibly retiring, I was called an idiot by a bunch of Bostonites because Thomas would never leave money on the table and never retire abruptly.

Now who's wicked smaht, ya bean-guzzling chowdah-heads?

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:53 PM
  #92
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,002
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Funny thing is that, a week ago when I suggested a Bruins/CBJ trade might involve an additional first-rounder as a hedge against Thomas possibly retiring, I was called an idiot by a bunch of Bostonites because Thomas would never leave money on the table and never retire abruptly.

Now who's wicked smaht, ya bean-guzzling chowdah-heads?
I did not read those posts but if true you nailed it Mayor... Keep up the rational and on the mark posts and we will be forced to change your handle to CBJ Governor..

Robert is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 08:59 AM
  #93
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'd believe it too... or a run for office.
Maybe Mitt Romney secretly asked him to be his running mate.


Iron Balls McGinty is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 11:45 AM
  #94
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,686
vCash: 500
Looks like Frederik Andersen will be re-entering the draft, even though he's turning 23. With both Andersen and Corbeil added to the draft, that gives even more goalies for teams to consider, especially those looking for more immediate help. It'll be a pretty deep draft for goalies. I'd like to see the Jackets draft a high end prospect and take a chance on a longer-term project in the later rounds.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 07:29 AM
  #95
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Looks like Frederik Andersen will be re-entering the draft, even though he's turning 23. With both Andersen and Corbeil added to the draft, that gives even more goalies for teams to consider, especially those looking for more immediate help. It'll be a pretty deep draft for goalies. I'd like to see the Jackets draft a high end prospect and take a chance on a longer-term project in the later rounds.
Seems like a good strategy to build some goalie depth.

EspenK is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 10:32 AM
  #96
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
I know this is high comedy because it pokes fun at the CBJ, but I wouldn't be surprised that the trade speculation in general might have caused him to consider a "break."
Yeah, but its not like the pool of teams that would need his services would be all that great at this point. Not many competitive teams would bring him in as a backup, even for only one season, when they can go a cheaper option and put more towards forwards or defense. Where could he start immediately? Not likely a team thats just a "player away". I don't mean to make it sound like this, but the CBJ might be the only team "dumb" enough to part with anything of value for Thomas anyways at this point.

The cynic in me immediately thought that he got wind that his name is linked to Columbus and he decided it was time. The fact that he's talking about a sabbatical and not retirement tells me that, even though it may change, he still wants to play, just not under his current deal and I ask myself, why not?

I don't doubt that you're theory is, at its core, the main reason as I am agreeing with you, put taking it step further, I just think that the potential for the aforementioned "trade to columbus, I'm sitting out for at least a season" can't be utterly dismissed, certainly not when everyone in the league knows the CBJ are probably the weakest team in net in all the league.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 10:39 AM
  #97
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Yeah, but its not like the pool of teams that would need his services would be all that great at this point. Not many competitive teams would bring him in as a backup, even for only one season, when they can go a cheaper option and put more towards forwards or defense. Where could he start immediately? Not likely a team thats just a "player away". I don't mean to make it sound like this, but the CBJ might be the only team "dumb" enough to part with anything of value for Thomas anyways at this point.

The cynic in me immediately thought that he got wind that his name is linked to Columbus and he decided it was time. The fact that he's talking about a sabbatical and not retirement tells me that, even though it may change, he still wants to play, just not under his current deal and I ask myself, why not?

I don't doubt that you're theory is, at its core, the main reason as I am agreeing with you, put taking it step further, I just think that the potential for the aforementioned "trade to columbus, I'm sitting out for at least a season" can't be utterly dismissed, certainly not when everyone in the league knows the CBJ are probably the weakest team in net in all the league.
I call bull****. I'm not interested in these sorts of conspiracy theories. If y'all want to go and whine about how we earned it because we dressed provocatively walking through the park had a ****** season, that's fine, but do it by yourselves and on your own time rather than spreading it around and trying to claim it's a reasonable theory.

I am SO. DAMN. TIRED. of this line. SICK OF IT.

Don't you people have any self-respect?

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 11:01 AM
  #98
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 15,979
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I call bull****. I'm not interested in these sorts of conspiracy theories. If y'all want to go and whine about how we earned it because we dressed provocatively walking through the park had a ****** season, that's fine, but do it by yourselves and on your own time rather than spreading it around and trying to claim it's a reasonable theory.

I am SO. DAMN. TIRED. of this line. SICK OF IT.

Don't you people have any self-respect?
You don't have to read the boards if you don't like what anyone is saying.

What do you expect for the worst team in the NHL's fans to say?

If anything, you guys are too nice regarding the team.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 11:07 AM
  #99
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I call bull****. I'm not interested in these sorts of conspiracy theories. If y'all want to go and whine about how we earned it because we dressed provocatively walking through the park had a ****** season, that's fine, but do it by yourselves and on your own time rather than spreading it around and trying to claim it's a reasonable theory.

I am SO. DAMN. TIRED. of this line. SICK OF IT.

Don't you people have any self-respect?


None, but some must have a sense of humor (kind of a requisite for being a jackets fan)

EspenK is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
  #100
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
You don't have to read the boards if you don't like what anyone is saying.

What do you expect for the worst team in the NHL's fans to say?
I'd expect that folks not be dwelling endlessly on the result, rubbing their own noses in it, and holding it up as the exemplar of all that we are.

We had a crap season. Damn near everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. **** happens. Get over it already. Some of us are busy trying to look to the future so that next season isn't equally crap, and that's not helped by this "woe is us we're so dooooomed" garbage being bandied about as though it's some sort of realistic logical argument.

Are you a Dorsett or a Carter? Will you stand up, brush it off, and keep going, or are you going to sit there and whine until the world magically falls into your lap?

Viqsi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.