HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (Part XXXVI): Playoffs!

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Xtranova

vCash: 500
The Kings are fixing my heart after the ECF!

Just watched the highlights from the game last night and being up 2-0 against the Debbies. Wow! I thought these kind of emotions only found place when I was 15. (You know just acting happy because your rivals loose). This is just great though. I hope they sweep them and Betman allows NJ to get a fifth game were they loose 10-0!

My blue heart is starting to get repaired and taking the hockey vacation it never really wanted!

Roll with me!

Old
06-03-2012, 06:47 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
True statement. But look at the shot totals in the last 2 games and compare that to what LA was doing to both St. Louis and Phoenix. I think at one point through 2 games of the Phoenix series the shot ratio disparity was robustly 2:1 in the kings favor. The devils are exchanging blow for blow with the kings. And the kings aren't exactly a juggernaut at home. It's a tough task but the devils are the definition of resiliency, which go well beyond Kovalchuk and Parise. In fact during some of these postseason games, those 2 have been backseat occupants.
I know you can argue that the Devils took the foot off the pedal but look at the shot total of the last two games that the Rangers played against the Devils. With that and us winning game 3, not to mention Phoenix making the conference finals while being outshot by 10 on average, I'm convinced shot totals matter less than ever.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:53 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Lets talk about how great the Devils 4th line is.

Old
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Gionta, Bernier, Carter have 10 combined goals throughout the playoffs. Mitchell, Prust, Rupp had 1 (the Prust breakaway goal). That is the advantage of having a 4th line that is speedy, can forecheck effectively, and can score some goals. People love to blame Gaborik, but I'm telling you that you can't rely on the first line all the time- you need a balanced scoring attack which is what the Devils have.

Old
06-03-2012, 08:23 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yep. Getting a bottom 6 that knows its role is very important.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:09 AM
towely

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
Just watched the highlights from the game last night and being up 2-0 against the Debbies. Wow! I thought these kind of emotions only found place when I was 15. (You know just acting happy because your rivals loose). This is just great though. I hope they sweep them and Betman allows NJ to get a fifth game were they loose 10-0!

My blue heart is starting to get repaired and taking the hockey vacation it never really wanted!

Roll with me!
i find it a pleasant suprise that the devils are down 2-0 in the series even though they were two very close games.
i would love to see a sweep myself but i really don't expect the devils to lay down just yet.
but hey, you never know with this kings team only losing 2 games in the entire playoffs so far and heading home for two.

i could be wrong but, the way the kings are playing these playoffs and now with being halfway to the cup and a chance to do it at home i find it hard to believe that there will be any other team name scribed on the cup this year beside the " LA Kings ", if it were so it would be one of the most epic collapses in the playoffs ever.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:16 AM
rvdnsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
As much as I loathe Marty and the devils, it would kinda be awesome to see the Kings just hit a wall and suddenly go cold and lose 4 of 5 to the devils.
Why??? And I would personally rather see the Rangers in the Finals over the Devils, even if we were down 0-2

Old
06-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdnsx View Post
Why??? And I would personally rather see the Rangers in the Finals over the Devils, even if we were down 0-2
How did you get that I prefer seeing the devils in the finals over the rangers from what I said?
Scary.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:58 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
As much as I loathe Marty and the devils, it would kinda be awesome to see the Kings just hit a wall and suddenly go cold and lose 4 of 5 to the devils.
No, actually that would be the opposite of awesome. I hope the devs get swept.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Would love for the Kings to sweep the Devils. Let's get this offseason started!

Old
06-03-2012, 10:35 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yep. Getting a bottom 6 that knows its role is very important.
It is, but our issue was the top line... for whatever reason they didn't perform. And like us, the Devils are down because of their top line. Richards shoots in to the pads while Marty is down, Kovalcuk hits the crossbar while Quick is down. It's hard to win big games when your stars don't get it done.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
I would honestly die if that happened. Would be the most horrific sporting occurrence since the Red Sox came back against the Yankees except this would be 100 times worse because I hate the Devils 100 times more than the Red Sox.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
It is, but our issue was the top line... for whatever reason they didn't perform. And like us, the Devils are down because of their top line. Richards shoots in to the pads while Marty is down, Kovalcuk hits the crossbar while Quick is down. It's hard to win big games when your stars don't get it done.
Neither of our top lines played well. The Devils 4th line is what won them our series.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:07 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Just because everyone's been talking about how the Kings are rolling over everyone for over a month now, and I just think itd be funny to see them get shocked and lose 4 straight and go ice cold after getting on such a hot streak.
Are you mad? You'd rather the Devils win instead of the Kings? ****ing looney.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Looks to me that at least so far the Kings are playing just like the Rangers except they've gotten the breaks against the shmevils and we didn't. In fact, the Rangers won two of the first three games 3-0 so we were better.
I wouldn't say that, Kings are LIGHTYEARS better on the transition/breakout. Kings D men do a great job showing poise with the puck on whether they should move the puck up the wall or up the middle.

Kings forwards haven't impressed, I admit. But the Kings D has been making it much harder for the Devils to sustain a forecheck.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Would love for the Kings to sweep the Devils. Let's get this offseason started!
This! I'm ready for the draft, free agency, and trades. Screw the finals I'm already looking ahead to next season.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
towely

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I would honestly die if that happened. Would be the most horrific sporting occurrence since the Red Sox came back against the Yankees except this would be 100 times worse because I hate the Devils 100 times more than the Red Sox.
this X's a 1000.
i would be pukeing and have the runs for weeks if this happened and i would get sick every time i seen a devils 2012 stanley cup champion banner or T shirt or hat or anything for that matter.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:49 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by towely View Post
this X's a 1000.
i would be pukeing and have the runs for weeks if this happened and i would get sick every time i seen a devils 2012 stanley cup champion banner or T shirt or hat or anything for that matter.
Yeah, I walked by MSG last Monday and nearly gagged when I saw a huge video billboard above the entrance to the escalators going down to the LIRR sponsored by HSBC (I think) that said let's go Devils or something like that. God help us all if they were to actually win the cup.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Double post.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 06-03-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old
06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
For a Cup Finals game, that Devil crowd had to have been the quietest, most unenthusiastic building I have ever seen.
OMG how many times was the PA announcer gonna scream Lets Make Some Noise?

Old
06-03-2012, 12:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
For a Cup Finals game, that Devil crowd had to have been the quietest, most unenthusiastic building I have ever seen.
but the building was so loud for game 6 against the Rangers. Plus it has bad acoustics .

Old
06-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
OMG how many times was the PA announcer gonna scream Lets Make Some Noise?
Things I've heard the PA Announcer yell:

Devils FAAANSS...get up and wave those TOWELS!!!

Devils FAAANSS...get up and PAAARTYYY!

(yes, the second one is real)

Old
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
this was the whale's last chance to win her fourth cup , parise will be gone , devils will have to beg for money to stay alive . i see a sad and barren future for the devils and this makes me happy .
i hope i do not sound too much like a sociopath .

Old
06-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
but the building was so loud for game 6 against the Rangers. Plus it has bad acoustics .
I will say that whomever does the music/entertainment there should be beaten to an inch of their life with a baseball bat and when healed, beaten some more. They have the worst music I ever heard. It's like Richard Simmons was their consultant.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Xtranova

So how 'bout Tim Thomas?

What a moron!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

Should have just retired...

Closed Thread