HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2012 Habs Board (Annual) Mock Draft - Part 2..Complete!

Old
06-02-2012, 03:40 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
I'd say no since we start the draft way before June 1st.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well there's no fun in it if it just pisses people off
Don,t worry. There's plenty of opportunities to do that in other threads...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
If he is available for selection in the 2012 entry draft and this mock draft is for the 2012 entry draft, then I don't think it matters when said player is eligible to be picked, whether he was available from the start or available only tomorrow. Just my opinion.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
If he is available for selection in the 2012 entry draft and this mock draft is for the 2012 entry draft, then I don't think it matters when said player is eligible to be picked, whether he was available from the start or available only tomorrow. Just my opinion.
Thing is, in reality every team will know who is and who isn't available. They won't learn it during round 7. 'Cause frankly, Doonsko would not be a round 7 pick. Same with Straka. Same with a few others. But again, he can do what he wants.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:04 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
IMO it would be like if we take the reverse standing order for the 1st round, and then we use NHL playoffs results to change the order from round to round for 2-7 instead of keeping the reverse standing order for all draft.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
For Ottawa my draft concluded with this..

15: Matthew Finn
76. Robbie Baillargeon
87. James Melindy
106. Samuel Kurker
136. Matej Beran
166. Devin Tringale
196. Erik Nemec

Finn was not my selection and if I was in control at that point, I would have went with Hertl. When I took control of Ottawa, I was ecstatic because I was able to select one of my favorite players in the draft in Robbie Baillargeon. James Melindy could end up with the same developmental path we seen out of Morgan Ellis. Samuel Kurker is a real boom or bust selection that I like. Matej Beran is big, he is foreing and he scored quite a bit in the Q, a legitimate prospect. Getting Tringale in the 6th was the steal for me. This guy will be a clutch 3rd liner in the league. Nemec was a dark horse pick, taking a PPG guy from the Czech junior league who has a decent frame.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
7. Jacob Trouba
41. Tanner Pearson
68. Esa Lindell
98. Kevin Roy
128. Francois Tremblay
158. Vince Hinostroza
188. Jesse Graham

Picked up three nice defensive prospects in Trouba, Lindell and Graham. Trouba will be a stud, Lindell could make an impact later on while Graham is a project that could pan out into something nice. Pearson and Roy are decent picks although I am still second guessing myself on both, due to choosing them based on their performance solely this year. I loved picking Tremblay at the position I took him. I doubt much will come of Hinostroza but we'll see.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

9. Morgan Rielly
39. Andreas Athanasiou
70. Devin Shore
130. Brian Cooper
160. Frank Vatrano
190. Miro Aaltonen

I also selected Max Iafrate for Washington (missed pick).

I'm pretty happy with my selections. I really wanted Frk with my 2nd rounder, and I was really close to selecting Maidens but I ended up going with Athanasiou.

I think Rielly is going to be a stud, and I think Shore and Cooper have steal potential.

06-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

For San Jose, well let just say that I didn't conduct it the way real team will do 'cause my draft is filled with boom or bust....but if they boom...watch out..Yet, I'm still unprepared, still watching some games as we speak to finish my list, discovered players that I didn't know too much and now know more.

19. Anton Slepyshev (Will fall during the draft, but in talent alone, this guy is CLEARLY 1st round material, and in my opinion top 20 talent no question)
55. Henrik Samuelsson (Like the pick. Yet, there are still a lot of players that are really interesting here, from Andersson, to Sutter, to Hart, Lindell etc...)
110. Austin Cangelosi (Is really happy with this one. Though, Calnan and Johnson might make me regret my pick. Yet again, this is a clear boom or bust. Let's boom Austin...)
140. Francis Beauvillier (I really thought I was going with the BPA at that point. I had ups and downs with Beauvillier all season long. He has a lot of good instincts, but don't convert too much. And after the pick, I learned A LOT about DeBlouw and now I'm not too sure)
170. Ryan Olsen (Love my pick at that spot. Watched a lot of games involving his team, and sometimes, found that he had a better presence in the game than Sutter. Not saying he will end up projecting as a better player, yet at #170, that's a very good pick and I'm happy with it. Yet, again, I learned about another player who I predict will be a riser or a steal of the draft in Adam Gilmour. Great pick LA.
191. Sven Andrighetto (Another boom or bust Cangelosi style. Smallish but extremely talented. At that point, maybe Montgomery would have been another possibility. Or Dickman.)
200. Alex Kile (Really happy with this one at that stage. Yet, it is entirely possible that if we would have known about the re-entries, that I might have tried one if available at that spot. But I like Kile).

So I'm happy. Will be more prepared for 2013....or so I hope.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:01 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Phoenix drafts Michael Houser

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Phoenix drafts Michael Houser
Can't

Quote:
Round 4:

92. Pittsburgh (From Columbus) - Michael Houser
"Here is a goalie who has slipped through the cracks last year and only played better this year earning league awards for his play."

Old
06-02-2012, 08:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Can't
Wow, in the 4th round? Ok then

Phoenix takes Francois Brassard!

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:

With the 202nd pick of this years mock draft, the Chicago Blawkhawks select; from the USA Under-18 National Team of the USHL, defenseman Matt Grzelcyk!

From an unnamed scout working in the Eastern conference;
Quote:
“Grzelcyk is a good player, and it’s so important in today’s game to get the puck out of the zone—he does that quickly and moves the puck well. He’s smart, and smarts can outweigh size. You’d never ask him to go up against an Evgeni Malkin or Jordan Staal, but there’s a place in the NHL for a player like him.”
We are very excited to add Mr. Grzelcyk to our defensive pool and we look forward to watching his progression as he joins the program at Boston University this upcoming season.

Next GM has been PM'ed.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
With that, my run as Assistant GM of the Blackhawks comes to an end.

21. Derrick Pouliot
51. Coda Gordon
82. Adam Pelech
112. Austin Czarnik
142. Gianluca Curcuruto
150. Josh Anderson
172. Christoph Bertschy
202. Matt Grzelcyk

Very happy with adding two good defensive prospects in Curcuruto and Grzelcyk. Czarnik could possibly make an impact for the Blackhawks in the future. I'm unsure of Bertschy as he did impress but it came in a short time frame so he has a lot more proving to do. As far as Grzelcyk went, we had two goaltending prospects in mind that I was going back and forth on but when Grzelcyk was still available, I couldn't pass up on him.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Weird. I thought I had #201 at some point, but I guess the Devils' success happened in time to bump me to #203? Could be worse, as should be 210/11th, I guess. Should have a pick within the hour, despite (because of?) being drunk.

edit: too much crap to read on here tonight. Picking tomorrow.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 06-03-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:

Draft Recap

10. Griffin Reinhart - Liked the pick when I made it and I like it even more now. Reinhart's stock rose quite a bit after his playoffs/Mem Cup run and both Button and McKenzie suggesting he could be a top-5 candidate.

23. Slater Koekkoek - Wasn't necessarily planning to take two defensemen with TBL's two first rounders but I couldn't pass on Koekkoek, I've liked him for a long time. Think he's good value at 23.

37. Daniil Zharkov - Maybe a little early at 37 but I wanted to get a clear top-six player in a draft where they aren't there in abundance and I like Zharkov a lot.

40. Tim Bozon - Some have him going just inside the first round so I like the value at 40.

47. Charles Hudon - Probably a lot earlier than his actual draft spot, but I had 4 picks and really didn't want to miss him. Another guy I've liked all year. With Zharkov, Bozon and Hudon I picked three LW'ers in a row which I wasn't keen on, but a lot of the centres I wanted were gone right before or around my pick.

56. Joonas Korpisalo - With 6 picks in the first two rounds I was sure I could get either Vasilevski or Dansk but I missed out on both. I liked a lot of goalies in the 2nd/3rd and I probably could have waited on Korpisalo (my other goalie option at this spot, Matt Murray, stayed on the board until the 5th round) but oh well, I like him.

71. Tanner Richard - I still had no centres pick so even though there might have been other BPA's out there I grabbed Richard. Not a pick I'm crazy about but he could turn into a solid player.

101. Niklas Tikkinen - I stayed off D's for a while and Tikkinen was the last one I grabbed. Between him, Reinhart and Koekkoek, I think that's a pretty nice upgrade to TBL's current D prospect pool.

131. Cedric Paquette - Went for another C and this one I like a lot, I think he could go a lot higher than where he fell to here.

161. Alexander Delnov - Buoyed mostly by a good showing at the U18's and a glowing write-up from RLR, I decided to go a bit off the board with my last pick (I didn't have a 7th rounder). That's what those rounds are for, in any case.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

With the 203rd pick in the draft, Anaheim selects defenseman Joonas Valkonen from the SM-Liiga's Espoo Blues.

"We're picking Joonas because it's his birthday today. Happy birthday Joonas!

But no, seriously, we can't believe that this guy isn't on anyone's rankings list or radar. Despite being dropped from the U-20 World Cup team after the first week, we see tremendous potential in him, and love adding a player like him to the organization with a 7th round pick. He already has decent size, well-rounded skills, and a reputation as a reliable player who leads by example."

edit: TNP (Detroit) PM'd.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Draft Recap:

6. Mikhail Grigorenko
36. Martin Frk
91. Chandler Stephenson
97. Henri Ikonen
127. Brock McGinn
187. Marcus Bohman
203. Joonas Valkonen

There was no "secret" to the first 2 rounds. Grigs and Frk were no-brainers when Anaheim stepped up. From there, the idea was to shore up all positions (forwards primarily - LW specifically) with a mix of skill, potential, and versatility, while not being swayed too much by size. Despite the fact that a couple of defensemen I had my eyes on earlier in the draft got nabbed in front of me, I ended up supplementing the defensive depth in the late rounds with guys that I really think have the tools for the NHL. All-in-all, I think Anaheim would be pretty happy adding a group like that to the system this year.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

With the 204th overall selection in the 2012 Entry Draft, the Red Wings are proud to select, from the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League, Jordan Martinook.

"We like Jordan a lot because he can do many things well on the ice. He's a tough guy who is not afraid to duke it out, but he also plays on the penalty kill and the powerplay. He also has a scorer's touch, as evidenced by his 40 goals for the Giants last season."

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Grant McCagg for subbing in for me while I was away, I'm very happy with the picks he made. Thanks a lot Grant!

Habsprospects has been pm'd.

Last edited by Turtleneck Plek: 06-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post

With the 204th overall selection in the 2012 Entry Draft, the Red Wings are proud to select, from the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League, Jordan Martinook.

"We like Jordan a lot because he can do many things well on the ice. He's a tough guy who is not afraid to duke it out, but he also plays on the penalty kill and the powerplay. He also has a scorer's touch, as evidenced by his 40 goals for the Giants last season."

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Grant McCagg for subbing in for me while I was away, I'm very happy with the picks he made. Thanks a lot Grant!

Habsprospects has been pm'd.
Can't believe he wasn't picked earlier.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:11 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

[IMG]http://content.****************/logos/1/3/thumbs/226.gif[/IMG]

With the 205th overall pick, the Boston Bruins are proud to announce the selection of Center Colin Smith from the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Malkoc, Western Canada Amateur Scout
Smith skates very well and is a great playmaker that is creative with the puck and good at setting up plays, he also have nice hands.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:15 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Waiting after me and having to go, Markov79fan PM'ed me his pick.

Flyers take D Jake Dotchin from Owen Sound of the OHL with the 206th overall pick.

Garo PM'ed.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Garo

With the 207th pick in the draft, the Nashville Predators are proud to select, from Östersund, Emil Djuse.

Pittsburgh is up and PM'd.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:22 PM
le_sean

Draft Recap

4. Mathew Dumba - No brainer here. Missed the pick, but he was still my choice. Fills an organizational need and was the BPA.

34. Matia Marcantuoni - A bit of a reach here. Was worried he would not fall to the 3rd round. Had a good combine, so perhaps he is actually taken this early. The Isles need goalscorers and explosive forwards to help big bodies in Tavares, Moulson, Niederreiter, Okposo and Martin.

65. Jake McCabe - Like Dumba, the BPA and a need. Could be a solid partner for Dumba in the future, just big and steady.

103. Mackenzie MacEachern - A project pick. Good frame and skillset, going to a solid program (Michigan State).

124. Anton Zlobin - Good value here. Regardless of being an overager, it's tough to find 40 goal scorers in the 5th round. Reunite him with Kabanov.

125. Travis Brown - An unheralded player though he has good size and had a good year. Another tough defenceman for the system.

155. Zane Jones - Big body, plays a physical game. Hopefully he can be another Matt Martin.

185. Corbin Boes - Dropped because he is an overage goalie, but he has good size and made some huge strides this season. Good value in the 7th.

Fairly happy with the draft. I think Dumba will be a great player, those big forwards need a defenceman to lead the rush. It became more of a need with De Haan not quite asserting himself yet. Marcantuoni is a hit or miss, he will make or break the draft for me. Happy with my two 5th rounders.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:53 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs

Draft Recap -

3: Alex Galchenyuk
33: Cristoval Nieves
57: Calle Andersson
64: Brian Hart