HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G. Landeskog VS. F. Forsberg

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2012, 08:07 PM
  #51
JAS 39 Gripen
Registered User
 
JAS 39 Gripen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
IMO, Forsberg has a much higher offensive ceiling, but who knows if he'll ever reach that ceiling.

Landeskog is the safer choice. Forsberg is more high-risk, high-reward.
more like low risk, high reward...

JAS 39 Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:17 PM
  #52
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Phil kessel was playing on the fourth line that year and was not nearly as NHL ready.

Geeze, talk about overrating a player.
Seriously, I don't want to get into an argument about our players and particularly our star player but Phil Kessel is not capable of playing on the 4th or 3rd line and he would absolutely **** the bed if he indeed play on the fourth line, he had absolutely no grit, no defense, not much commitment on other aspect of the game aside from offence so u expect me to believe he was playing on the fourth line?

Put the pipe down.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
  #53
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS 39 Gripen View Post
more like low risk, high reward...
exactly... He is no risk.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:24 PM
  #54
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I do find it quite interesting that most of the swedish posters seem to think Forsberg is better...

Because Landeskog is pretty phenomenal. But agree Forsberg is more raw than anything, I wouldn't call him high risk. Just needs to work on his stride and his defensive zone play...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
  #55
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I do find it quite interesting that most of the swedish posters seem to think Forsberg is better...

Because Landeskog is pretty phenomenal. But agree Forsberg is more raw than anything, I wouldn't call him high risk. Just needs to work on his stride and his defensive zone play...
Landeskog went to the OHL and Forsberg stayed home... Hmmmmm

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:32 PM
  #56
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Landeskog went to the OHL and Forsberg stayed home... Hmmmmm
Forsberg is practically 2 years younger. He could very well get drafted, play a year in the CHL, and be pretty much on track with Landeskog in regards to their career path.

Forsberg definitely requires alot of projection. He needs to still make that NA adjustment, along with the other things I mentioned.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:36 PM
  #57
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Seriously, I don't want to get into an argument about our players and particularly our star player but Phil Kessel is not capable of playing on the 4th or 3rd line and he would absolutely **** the bed if he indeed play on the fourth line, he had absolutely no grit, no defense, not much commitment on other aspect of the game aside from offence so u expect me to believe he was playing on the fourth line?

Put the pipe down.
Except he did. Just like Seguin last season.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
  #58
reffree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ste-justine québec
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Except he did. Just like Seguin last season.
Here's a link that prove Kessel played some games on the 4th line in 06-07

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20062007

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:31 PM
  #59
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,801
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Here's a link that prove Kessel played some games on the 4th line in 06-07

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20062007

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:44 PM
  #60
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Here's a link that prove Kessel played some games on the 4th line in 06-07

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20062007
Most of them are around 12-13 minutes. Near the end around 15-16. That's like 3rd - 4th line for the most part. Way to get off topic though. You're comparing rookie seasons with two different players. Comparing rookie seasons is stupid let a lone with completely different players. Stupidity all around here.

Bump this thread when he hits 85-90 points like you people think he can lol.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:48 PM
  #61
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,801
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Most of them are around 12-13 minutes. Near the end around 15-16. That's like 3rd - 4th line for the most part. Way to get off topic though. You're comparing rookie seasons with two different players. Comparing rookie seasons is stupid let a lone with completely different players. Stupidity all around here.

Bump this thread when he hits 85-90 points like you people think he can lol.
You started the Kessell stuff...

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:51 PM
  #62
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Most of them are around 12-13 minutes. Near the end around 15-16. That's like 3rd - 4th line. Way to get off topic though. You're comparing rookie seasons with two different players. Comparing rookie seasons is stupid let a lone with completely different players. Stupidity all around here.

Bump this thread when he hits 85-90 points like you people think he can lol.
I had say, roughly more like 1/3 of the season he played less than 13 minutes per game, and 2/3 of the season seems more like 2nd/1st line minutes.

And also, I one of the few who thinks Landeskog's points will be around 75-80 range for a longer period of his career and maybe once or twice in his career he will hit 80-90 point plateau.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:22 PM
  #63
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
You started the Kessell stuff...
True. But I was talking about the offensive talent he has compared to Landeskog. Somebody else started talking about rookie seasons which is just stupid.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:39 PM
  #64
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,594
vCash: 500
Landeskog will definitely be better than Kessel. They'll put up similar offensive numbers in due time with Kessel being a one-dimensional floater and Landeskog being a complete three zone player.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:05 PM
  #65
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Landeskog, like others have said Forsberg's offense is probably greater but Landeskog's a;; round game is just much better.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.