HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton - St.Louis

Old
06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
GatoradeG*

vCash: 500
Edmonton - St.Louis

Paajarvi(LW)

Cole(D)

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:18 PM
BlueDream

Blues don't do it. They need Cole more than a winger that's playing in the AHL. We are fine on the wings now. Center and LHD are our main needs.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:27 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Peckham + for Ian Cole.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor

No from the Oil

Johnny McBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Until another defensemen is signed, Ian Cole won't be traded.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Cole won't be going anywhere unless we decide to resign Jackman. Moving him for a winger makes no sense either, considering we have 11 wingers for next season at this point.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:42 PM
tvillewr4

we just cant afford to trade a dman to add a winger, nor would i want the dman to be cole

he is only 23 with 54 nhl games and is like a +10 in that time, even if they are "sheltered" minutes. i look forward to him playing alongside shatty next year

tvillewr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:00 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoradeG View Post

Paajarvi(LW)

Cole(D)
i'd do it. been a Cole fan for a while.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:03 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
No from the Oil
you forgot the , obviously you're an Oil fan. You are only kidding yourself.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Not enough to pry MPS out of Edmonton, Oilers pass.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Not enough to pry MPS out of Edmonton Oilers pass.
you mean OKC?

Old
06-02-2012, 10:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Yeah, Tarasenko, Perron, Oshie, Stewart, D'Agostini, and Schwartz aren't enough young wingers for St. Louis.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Not enough to pry MPS out of Edmonton, Oilers pass.
Good deal for the Oil IMO

Paajarvi is indeed good, but Eberle, Hall, RNH and who ever is taken this year (Yak) make Paajarvi expendable.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:34 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
you mean OKC?
If you want to split hairs, you can say he's a Edmonton Oiler. He cannot be a Baron unless he`s sent down after TC this fall.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Good deal for the Oil IMO

Paajarvi is indeed good, but Eberle, Hall, RNH and who ever is taken this year (Yak) make Paajarvi expendable.
Yakupov is a RW and Paajarvi LW and with Paajarvi defensive play he would be a great shut down forward. Is Cole any better then what the Oilers coming up, I`m not sure, but he`s not much of a upgrade to trade MPS.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Yakupov is a RW and Paajarvi LW and with Paajarvi defensive play he would be a great shut down forward. Is Cole any better then what the Oilers coming up, I`m not sure, but he`s not much of a upgrade to trade MPS.
Yea Paajarvi is so good that hes playing in the AHL.

Ignore42me* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:24 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
Yea Paajarvi is so good that hes playing in the AHL.
Cole played 26 games last year, he was the 7th D, and when he played his minutes were minimal and protected. Paajarvi was sent down to the AHL to give him some top 6 playing time and to recover his scoring touch, which it looks like he did. The Oilers could of kept him up and he would of been riding the pine like Cole did for three quarters of the season.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:30 PM
rockinghockey

If we are going to trade for a dman it has to be a legit dman that is going to help the team. I don't see that in Cole next year, he is just not developed enough yet. I see PRV as a very good 3rd line player that has 20 goal potential that can move up to the top 6. He is young, I think he should start the year in OKC and then bring him up when someone is injured.

I would be interested in Stewart from STL as we need some size on the wing.
What can you tell me about Stewart? What would you want for him since you guys have so many fwds that you are going to have to move someone.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:35 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Cole played 26 games last year, he was the 7th D, and when he played his minutes were minimal and protected. Paajarvi was sent down to the AHL to give him some top 6 playing time and to recover his scoring touch, which it looks like he did. The Oilers could of kept him up and he would of been riding the pine like Cole did for three quarters of the season.
Yeah, I could spout a bunch of lies as well. Since Cole played 26 games, and 26 > 25% of 82, and Cole wasn't with the Blues the entire season, he didn't ride the bench for 3/4s of the season like you say. Also, Cole is done developing in the AHL. There is no reason to send him to the AHL, unlike Paajarvi.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:40 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If we are going to trade for a dman it has to be a legit dman that is going to help the team. I don't see that in Cole next year, he is just not developed enough yet. I see PRV as a very good 3rd line player that has 20 goal potential that can move up to the top 6. He is young, I think he should start the year in OKC and then bring him up when someone is injured.

I would be interested in Stewart from STL as we need some size on the wing.
What can you tell me about Stewart? What would you want for him since you guys have so many fwds that you are going to have to move someone.
Stewart is a good player that I think would do quite well in the more open system of Edmonton. I think Edmonton is one of the better fits out there for Stewart. (Personally, I think that Ottawa is the best fit, with Spezza and Karlsson feeding him, but that is just me.)

The real issue is that the Blues wouldn't add what it takes to get a 1st from Edmonton, and aren't really interested in anyone outside of Smid, which is a complete non-starter from Edmonton's position. The Blues are looking for a center, and a LHD to pair with Pietrangelo.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:45 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, Tarasenko, Perron, Oshie, Stewart, D'Agostini, and Schwartz aren't enough young wingers for St. Louis.
can Oshie or Schwartz translate to center?

Old
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Yeah, I could spout a bunch of lies as well. Since Cole played 26 games, and 26 > 25% of 82, and Cole wasn't with the Blues the entire season, he didn't ride the bench for 3/4s of the season like you say. Also, Cole is done developing in the AHL. There is no reason to send him to the AHL, unlike Paajarvi.
My mistake, he only road the pine for 50% of the season and reason they kept him up was the injury to Russell, had nothing to do with his development. If I understand it right, it also had something to do with his AHL playoff eligibility.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
trublu16

This does not make any sense from the Blues standpoint. First, please take the Blues actual need in consideration before proposing a trade offer. And those needs would be a top LHD d-man to play alongside Petro, and a centerman(preferably a proven #1/2 centerman). Secondly, if you look at just the LW on the Blues (Perron/Steen/Schwatz/Nichol/Sobotka/Porter), and then who is Paajarvi have an actual chance to beat out for a spot on the big club. I would say that the odds are heavily against that. And that doesn't even take in the account, as of right now, we would be dealing from weakness to strengthen our strength. Which make no sense. With this being Cole first real chance to make the big club, it would be stupid to trade him for someone like Paajarvi. More than likely Cole is Jackman's replacement. Beats trying to finding that replacement on the FA market/overpaying Jackman to stay.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
can Oshie or Schwartz translate to center?
Schwartz, no. Oshie? Most likely not.The Blues tried him out at center for a few games, but they like him better on the wings. We'll likely sign or trade for a center before shifting Oshie, Steen, or McDonald back to center.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
My mistake, he only road the pine for 50% of the season and reason they kept him up was the injury to Russell, had nothing to do with his development. If I understand it right, it also had something to do with his AHL playoff eligibility.
I would respectfully suggest to you that you refrain from making assumptions about players when you apparently know little or nothing about their situation. Thank you.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote