HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gardiner schenn and the 5th overall

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2012, 05:14 AM
  #101
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Woostah
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,801
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
It's an interesting discussion. If you're looking for centremen that this package could garner, I could see you maybe getting:

- Duchene (Highly Doubt it)
- Skinner (Carolina has Murphy and other young D. Won't happen)
- Marleau (Probably could happen)
- Johansen (Possibly)
- Getzlaf (probably not) ( <= I concur)
- P. Kane (not a true centre) (Not bad)
- Huberdeau (Florida probably says it's fair but no thanks)
- Strome (Maybe but why do the Leafs do it?)
- E. Kane (Not gonna happen. Why do the Jets need anymore D?)

- J.Staal+ (Possibly but not a #1 center)
- M. Johansson + (Not a #1 center)


It's a premier package of assets, and you should expect a #1 centre for a large number of years as the basis of the deal.

Whether or not these players or Luongo would make a bigger impact for the Leafs is a different discussion.

EDIT: Probably not what you want to hear, but you could also get Seguin for that. (Absolutely would not. Maybe Krejci)
Unrealistic

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:29 AM
  #102
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I love your blatant homerism.

Lupul a top 5 in the entire league? His highest point total EVER in the NHL was 53. I'm not counting this year because you are claiming that Lupul was a 5 prior to joining the leafs.

So.. 53 points. In that same year, he was nowhere close to the top 5 in the league in points as Thornton had 125 and Jagr had 123.

53 points is top 5 now?


Gardiner was voted as a rookie all-star in some circles? Which ones? you know the circle of friends you play Dungeons and Dragons with doesn't count right?

My next door neighbour and I just voted Prab Rai as an AHL all-star. So I guess in some circles Prab Rai is an allstar too. ( He isn't. )

Yes, there is no question who got the better deal. The Ducks.
twist it how you want..... but this was one of the most lop sided trades i can remember.

Beauchemin 31 years old........82games 22pts -14

for

lupul 28 years old................66games 67pts +1
Gardiner 21 years old............75games 30pts -2
fourth-round draft pick (don't know why you gave us a pick too)

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:27 AM
  #103
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I love your blatant homerism.

Lupul a top 5 in the entire league? His highest point total EVER in the NHL was 53. I'm not counting this year because you are claiming that Lupul was a 5 prior to joining the leafs.

So.. 53 points. In that same year, he was nowhere close to the top 5 in the league in points as Thornton had 125 and Jagr had 123.

53 points is top 5 now?


Gardiner was voted as a rookie all-star in some circles? Which ones? you know the circle of friends you play Dungeons and Dragons with doesn't count right?

My next door neighbour and I just voted Prab Rai as an AHL all-star. So I guess in some circles Prab Rai is an allstar too. ( He isn't. )

Yes, there is no question who got the better deal. The Ducks.
I'm not a TO fan by any stretch but all this conjecture and spin means nothing. Toronto absolutely won this trade by a country mile. I dislike Burke but 'you was robbed' son...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:28 AM
  #104
n3ss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Marcus Johannson,16th +? for Gardiner, 5th overall

I say yes.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:31 AM
  #105
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I love your blatant homerism.

Lupul a top 5 in the entire league? His highest point total EVER in the NHL was 53. I'm not counting this year because you are claiming that Lupul was a 5 prior to joining the leafs.

So.. 53 points. In that same year, he was nowhere close to the top 5 in the league in points as Thornton had 125 and Jagr had 123.

53 points is top 5 now?


Gardiner was voted as a rookie all-star in some circles? Which ones? you know the circle of friends you play Dungeons and Dragons with doesn't count right?

My next door neighbour and I just voted Prab Rai as an AHL all-star. So I guess in some circles Prab Rai is an allstar too. ( He isn't. )

Yes, there is no question who got the better deal. The Ducks.
Good god almighty

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:34 AM
  #106
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
Marcus Johannson,16th +? for Gardiner, 5th overall

I say yes.
I say hell no.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:39 AM
  #107
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
lol no its not, maybe seguin though
That isn't enough to get Seguin. Teams that are in contention don't just trade their best young player for a package where the main pice is a draft pick if the young player wants to stay there and the team wants him to stay there.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
  #108
Liferleafer
Blow it up!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
That isn't enough to get Seguin. Teams that are in contention don't just trade their best young player for a package where the main pice is a draft pick if the young player wants to stay there and the team wants him to stay there.
Agreed. Seguin is water under the bridge for us. Hopefully we can draft a center at #5. Probably not at the same level as Segs, but Gally or Grigs both look good.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:38 AM
  #109
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
I think Burke would be the one who should be fired if he traded 5th overall + schenn for that package
Typical over-rating of one's talent. Schenn is a young defenseman who has potential (diminishing every season in my opinion). Of course, he is already being paid for this potential without actually reaching it as of yet.

He is a number 6 defenseman (when he gets into the lineup) on a non-playoff team whose defensive battery is one of the worst ranked statistically in the NHL. Yet somehow he should be viewed as key asset for a blockbuster trade? Nonsense.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:50 PM
  #110
Inverted
Registered User
 
Inverted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Typical over-rating of one's talent. Schenn is a young defenseman who has potential (diminishing every season in my opinion). Of course, he is already being paid for this potential without actually reaching it as of yet.

He is a number 6 defenseman (when he gets into the lineup) on a non-playoff team whose defensive battery is one of the worst ranked statistically in the NHL. Yet somehow he should be viewed as key asset for a blockbuster trade? Nonsense.
how is luongo + 26th overall + schroeder for schenn + 5th overall a steal for the leafs? no one is over-rating schenn, sure hes had horrid of a season, but you do realize he's only 22 and could bounce back under a new coaching system of carlyle

i would do schenn + prospect/2nd for luongo

5th overall > 26th overall

leafs have no need for schroeder, as they already have kadri

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
  #111
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 25,737
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
I say hell no.
The plus was going to be Ovechkin, but now you get no second chance.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
  #112
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
how is luongo + 26th overall + schroeder for schenn + 5th overall a steal for the leafs? no one is over-rating schenn, sure hes had horrid of a season, but you do realize he's only 22 and could bounce back under a new coaching system of carlyle

i would do schenn + prospect/2nd for luongo

5th overall > 26th overall

leafs have no need for schroeder, as they already have kadri
As I stated in my previous post, I hold little value for Schenn at the moment. If Schenn's stock rises after a quality rebound season, then things could certainly change. However, up to this point Schenn's value is speculative at best - in the real world this translates into diminished returns.

A trade of Schenn + 2nd/prospect for Luongo + Schroeder tranlslates into an all-star goalie and a speculative asset being exchanged for 2 specualtive assets. The value does not equate.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
  #113
MStep95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Poland
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
LOL.. I wouldn't tarde Gardiner for Luongo straight up, let alone that whole package.

MStep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:23 PM
  #114
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,908
vCash: 500
Keep the laughs coming guys

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.