HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

bottom feeders watch

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 06:35 PM
aapbolt

vCash: 500
bottom feeders watch

Ok, for fun and enjoyment. Who do you think of the bottom feeders will start trading off talent in order to go cheap and stock up on prospects? Best bets at this time, in my humble opinion, is the caps. If they continue to lose into december big ted has to start dumping salary in order to break even- hopefully and not take a big loss. Who does he trade and what can he get in return? I think Robert lang has the best trade value now and he could bring the best value in return. That is my thinking, now you-all take a stab and lets have some fun predicting. Although duds might just trade some of his assets for some vets to help ludzy out.

Old
11-22-2003, 08:57 PM
petec1978*

Lang's contract is prohibitive.

Last I looked on the Fecals board they were doing a nightly Ovechkin watch updating how many points they were away from being the worst team in hockey.

War Rick Dudley

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-23-2003, 06:54 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by petec1978
Lang's contract is prohibitive.
That and I really doubt they'd trade him in-division.

I think they have a few other salaries they'd rather dump than Lang's, if you know what I mean.

Old
11-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Rschmitz

The usual culprits. Pheonix, Carolina, Pitt, Buf. And some unusual Dallas, Ottawa? are doing pretty badly. At this point in the season its too early to tell.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:15 AM
petec1978*

Phoenix is supposedly trying to dump Gratton already.

-Pete Choquette

Old
11-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Oceanic39*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
The usual culprits. Pheonix, Carolina, Pitt, Buf. And some unusual Dallas, Ottawa? are doing pretty badly. At this point in the season its too early to tell.
Do you honestly think Dallas and Ottawa have even a chance of finishing at the level where they're so bad they're dumping talent? Gimme a break.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Rschmitz

Once again I can rely on Chad to ridicule me for nothing.

I simply stated they had bad records; obviously, to prove my point that it was too early to tell.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:49 PM
exterminator-x

Quote:
Toughen up and quit bellyaching.

Old
11-24-2003, 06:16 PM
Sotnos

Be nice, geez.

Old
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
exterminator-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Be nice, geez.
I had a LiPuma moment.

Old
11-24-2003, 06:57 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:

I simply stated they had bad records; obviously, to prove my point that it was too early to tell.
Hey, man, I understand where you're coming from, but when you make comments like, "Only four goalies in the NHL are good enough to play in front of Grahame" it's pretty hard to know when you're serious and when you're just exaggerating to prove a point.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterminator-x
I had a LiPuma moment.

Old
11-25-2003, 01:06 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Hey, man, I understand where you're coming from, but when you make comments like, "Only four goalies in the NHL are good enough to play in front of Grahame" it's pretty hard to know when you're serious and when you're just exaggerating to prove a point.

Try and rely on common sense. Im a Tampa Bay Fan, hence my name. Obviously anything involving the Lightning im going to skew; everthing else is fair game. Sorry if this bothers any of you

Old
11-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterminator-x
Toughen up and quit bellyaching.
, oops

Old
11-25-2003, 07:23 AM
Oceanic39*

It's not just "common sense," and the "I'm just a Lightning fan" card doesn't really work.

Here's the dealio, young fan.

If anyone else had mentioned Ottawa and Dallas among the "bottom feeders" of the league, I probably would have understood where they were coming from and kept on reading. However, you and your tendency to give an extremely non-objective view of the rest of the league ON THESE BOARDS make us TB fans look a little silly. I don't know if you frequent the TBL.com boards, but among a hoard of other LN members it's no big deal. You're not going to get Sens and Stars and Canuck (etc, etc) fans on there like you do here. Here, our comments are taken as being representative of an entire fan base.

Therefore, when you see someone saying only 4 other NHL goalies are better than John Grahame, Afanasenkov will score 25-30, Kovalchuk isn't a star, and my personal favorite: Alexeev and Fedotenko are our Hejduk and Tanguay... and when someone argues against it the comeback is always "I was just kidding" ... it gives new meaning to the term "non-objective homer." (hence Pete giving you the Woody Paige tag)

I've been on these boards for a looooong time. Before the change to the new format when there were basically only two of us (Megan - the old Editor and myself) answering other teams' fans questions on a dormant Bolt board. Trust me when I say you want to avoid the "homer" label and avoid having your teams fan base known as a bunch of know-nothings.

I take pride in posting among a group of Bolt fans that I consider to be on the most knowledgeable and objective on any TB board on the 'net.

Call it homer policing. It's nothing personal.

That's also why I jumped on you when another team's fan started a thread here asking a simple question about a player of ours and you rudely respond like he's here to taunt or something or like we're so much better.

If you, TB_FAN, haven't added the TBL.com board to your daily Lightning browsing (I'm not telling you to stop posting here), perhaps you should look into it. That's more your style... and that's not an insult. There you can skew the Lightning and ignore the rest of the league all you want and no one will be bothered.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Oceanic39*

Check your PMs, TB-Fan.

Old
11-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Flycoon*

Quote:
Try and rely on common sense. Im a Tampa Bay Fan, hence my name. Obviously anything involving the Lightning im going to skew; everthing else is fair game. Sorry if this bothers any of you
So you admit that objectivity is the farthest thing from your mind when posting? Puck bunny.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon
So you admit that objectivity is the farthest thing from your mind when posting?
duh, you can read

Old
11-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Sotnos

Enough already from all sides. Aapbolt posted an interesting topic for discussion here, I'd really rather not close it.

You all don't have to like each other, but try and keep it a little more civil.

Old
11-26-2003, 04:29 AM
aapbolt

thoughts

Thank you Sotnos for the compliment, and you will make a great parent one day- high praise from me, in particular because I have had to deal with some real interesting parents in the past.

Ok- Did anyone notice that two colorado scouts were in the press box at the last home game- not the rags game- but the last game that grahamme started at home? There was a little blurb in the trib about that. I wonder if the AVs think that Johnny would be an upgrade over what they currently have- and what the deal might consist of- interesting speculation.

If Duds is looking at Ovechkin and wants to nail that down- although i agree with Pete that the lotto might be fixed in favor of mario- he won't start to trade for some vets to "stabilize" the team and add leadership. He does have assets to trade such as Stewart and lower choices- so this might get interesting and then add or subtract from his current roster- but that depends on ownership and how bad the bottom line is for the panturds. We all know that ludzy loves vets and hates to play rookies.

Yeah Langs contract may be prohibitive, but tom Wilson has said that they will do deals that make sense and help the team- yeah I know it is probably all puff the majic dragon stuff- but stranger things can happen. We have some guys we could trade and rid ourselves of some contracts that might make it worth our while to take lang.

What about west coast teams? The blackhawks are horrible but have a couple of guys they might trade for youth, so lets look at those teams and see what we might pick up on the cheap.

Closed Thread