HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Do you want the Flyers to re-sign Jagr?

View Poll Results: Do you want the Flyers to resign Jagr?
No 44 26.04%
Yes, if he gets less than $2 mio. per year 46 27.22%
Yes, if he gets less than $3.3 mio. per year 63 37.28%
Yes, if he gets less than $4.5 mio. per year 2 1.18%
Yes, regardless of what he gets 14 8.28%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-19-2012, 08:09 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Then, right around this time last year Jagr was saying how much he loved Pittsburgh and how he wants to play here again, play for the league minimum because he owes Mario everything, etc.
I thought that was something like 3 years ago, 2009?

Yeah I know, it still sucks but it's not like he said that few months before he signed with Philly, iirc.

Quote:
We're not really "********" about Jagr leaving anymore.

You classy fans aren't. But many Pens fans are.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:17 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 08:57 AM
jagrgodr

some of you guys are pretty amazing, it's funny how a washed up player was #3 on the team for total points in the regular season while having the 5th most time on ice on the team. They go into the playoffs and he is second in team points behind giroux and was tied in the first round for most assists in the playoffs (btw jagr is still ranked tied for 8th in assists for the playoffs). 11 games and 8 points is not that bad..

Anyways the question here is should he resign, or try free agency. As a jagr fan i wouldn't mind seeing him back with the flyers, i really enjoyed watching the team and the games but i am not sure if Jagr's playing style is good for the team. I have a feeling jagr MAY want to help carry a team one last time like he did in the beginning of the season with Giroux. I have a feeling jagr is going to plan his next move very wisely and try to find the perfect team for him, and it may be the flyers, but who knows.

I don't think it's 100% about money, but money has something to do with it. He is the owner of a struggling hockey team in his country and i'm sure the more money he makes will help his team, and on top of that the more popular he is in the NHL still the more money he can get for his team and country. Jagr is very misunderstood, everyone thinks he's a primadona and all he cares about money but there are so many more important things in life than money and status. I think he wants to have fun, win again and train and help the young guys like he did in phildedlphia.

---------

“If you ask anyone on this team, everyone wants him back,” said Giroux. “He’s a good team player and he has helped so many guys in this room, on and off the ice.”

“I still love the game, and I think I am going to be better than I was this year” said Jagr.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
He is the million dollar man. No nhl player has ever made more money playing hockey than Jaromir Jagr, and you know why?

I know it's easy to get down on a guy when he is the richest hockey player to ever put on skates, but maybe there is a reason he get's the money he wants..

Old
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Do you actually read anything people post? And Out of curiousity, do you have an altar dedicated to Jagr in your home?
yes and no

but all i read, god he signed with flyers, MUST BE MONEY..
so ye

you know, we have a saying in czech, do not judge other people by yourself.. and thats what these guys do

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 12:58 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannoMeszarosRex View Post
If money was such a non factor he would've signed back with the Penguins.
I think that's why its a 'burn'

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:26 AM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Watching the teams that are left, and Bruins from last year and how hard you have to forecheck and hustle your ass off to win in playoffs, it blows my mind how anyone would want Jagr back.
So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
A giant Hell No!

Jagr was pathetic down the stretch. I lost my voice countless times screamin' at his old ass in rounds 1 & 2. His 1rst line minutes have already (deservingly) been absorbed by Vorachek.

Where would you put him? 2nd Line? No ****in way. He's a 3rd line forward at best. We gave him plenty of opportunities to resign but he rebuffed them all with the intention of testing the open market. Let him walk, he was a typical European skill forward who when confronted with adversity and playoff time, disappeared faster than a fart in the wind.

There is no way the Flyers bring him back.
So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
The Flyers offer was not the highest last summer

After signing a one-year, $3.3 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday, the winger told reporters during a Saturday conference call that "there were a lot more teams with a higher offer than Philadelphia."
The former MVP reportedly received a one-year offer from the Pittsburgh Penguins for $2 million. The Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens were also interested in the 6-foot-3 veteran.
That is SO easy for Jagr to say. How is anyone ever going to assemble all the evidence to prove him wrong?

I don't think you will be able to gather all the GM's in one room and be able to say "now let me see your hands in the air if you offered Jagr more than $3,3 millions".

And the same goes for KHL. Who says his possibilities for earning that much in KHL are still there? - he really wasn't worth that much in the KHL for last couple of seasons

Patrick Thorsen, Kevin Dallman, Roman Cervanka, Matt Ellison, Sergei Mozyakin, Alexei Yashin, Marcel Hossa and others were doing better than Jagr.

But it's WAY to easy for him to just claim stuff that just happens to be where the money is like a right handed center. (What a load of crap).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
By the way, what happened to the posters who predicted a 100 point Season For Jagr, and contending for the Art Ross? And all that stuff about how Jagr is in great shape, and all that. Where did those guys go?

Jagrgodr is one of those guys, and in this thread he is still filled with more knowledge than anyone.... and where is jags6868? Those guys are just so far out.

At least you can still have a good laugh about them right here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=946809&page=4

Quote:
Well, if the reason he signed with the Flyers is because he wanted to mentor rookies then that's fine, but I don't buy it, and if he didn't want to be a Penguin, he shouldn't have said he did for 2 months.

I firmly believe that Jagr doesn't need money, Talbot on the other hand, being a former 8th round draft pick and being a career 4th line center, him getting $1.8M a year for 5 years is okay because that might be his only chance at a long contract with a good amount of money.

Jaromir Jagr has had numerous big contracts in the past, he's made millions in the NHL and KHL, are you telling me that the extra $1.2M was a must for Jagr? Because I don't think so. And I disagree about him "not working well with Crosby or Malkin" Both of them have left handed RW's who play great with them, Jagr's whole "I want to play with a right handed center" was just an excuse.

If he wanted to have a bigger role on another team then that's fine, but the fact that the Penguins talked about him before he signed, penciling him in the top 6 and giving him top PP time and just talking about the potential of adding someone like him. Playing RW next to arguably one of the two best centers in the NHL. That's a pretty big role if you ask me.

And you asked me if I think he turned down the Pens to troll them? No, but I do think he turned them down to earn some more cash, because that's all Jagr cares about, sure he loves the sport of hockey, but he doesn't care about a team unless they offer him a lot of money.

Would I still take Jagr back on the Pens? Absolutely, I don't hate the guy, he's a good player.

Very good and very decent post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
dude as i asked in first post, do you even read and think?

Dude, YOU are the one not reading and thinking.

"Eyes of Orpik" was actually delivering a very decent explanation without being derogatory or condescending unlike yourself.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Xegiie

yeah sure.. lol

the guy signed with rival becuase he needed 1 million extra

im such troll

Old
05-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Xegiie

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/blogy-...by-devils.html

Old
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Any Jagr news at all? I guess maybe in the Czech papers?

Lesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
Any Jagr news at all? I guess maybe in the Czech papers?
yep
my previous post

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/blogy-...by-devils.html

thats only news i read about him since PO with devils

Old
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
jagrgodr

now that we are in June, #jagrwatch2 should start to heat up especially late in the month. Should be interesting.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:41 AM
Xegiie

yesterday there was interview with Jagr on nhl.com for flyerstv, cant find it now tho

Old
06-03-2012, 05:05 AM
ufon68

I can't believe there are still people willing to believe that Jagr went to Philly for the money, he was getting what, 3.3 mil dollars, out of which he probably loses around half to taxes. In russia, he could easily get much more, and actually keep all of it. So i'm guessing if he stayed in KHL, he could be making about 3 times more net. Also, after playing hockey all of his life and making millions a season most of his career, do you really believe he is so desperate for money he picks one team over the other for a measly 1 millon ? Get real.

He may not play like a superstar anymore, but he IS a superstar, he would get a huge contract in KHL based on the name alone, and he actually can still play good enough hockey.

ufon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:33 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufon68 View Post
I can't believe there are still people willing to believe that Jagr went to Philly for the money, he was getting what, 3.3 mil dollars, out of which he probably loses around half to taxes. In russia, he could easily get much more, and actually keep all of it. So i'm guessing if he stayed in KHL, he could be making about 3 times more net. Also, after playing hockey all of his life and making millions a season most of his career, do you really believe he is so desperate for money he picks one team over the other for a measly 1 million? Get real.

He may not play like a superstar anymore, but he IS a superstar, he would get a huge contract in KHL based on the name alone, and he actually can still play good enough hockey.
Would you rather end your career in the NHL or KHL?

And if you decide to end your career in the NHL, would you rather go to a team that offered you 2 million or 3.3 mill?

No, he probably doesn't need the money, which really kind of proves my point. If money was such a non issue to him then he would've signed and (possibly) ended his career with the Penguins.

Read:

Quote:

Jagr wanted out of Pittsburgh because he didn't want the team going bankrupt being responsible to pay him, then in 2008 after the Penguins went to the Final and lost to Detroit, we lost Hossa in UFA and we wanted to bring Jagr back, he declined us for the KHL. Then, right around this time last year Jagr was saying how much he loved Pittsburgh and how he wants to play here again, play for the league minimum because he owes Mario everything, etc. Then he turned us down once again to go to the Penguins' most hated rival.

The Pens' offer for Jagr was a 1 year, $2.1M deal, now keep in mind he said he would play for league minimum and $2.1M is $1.6M more than the league minimum.

Jagr didn't need financial security, he was offered a chance to finish his career where it started, for a decent amount of cash, playing RW with Malkin or Sid. But he turned it down to go play for a rival for $1.2M more than he would have got here.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Sure i'd take him back. At 2 mil or less. Guy still put up points and can still fill a role. His influence on Giroux and Hartnell was magical. Does Hartnell put up 30 goals without him? I doubt it

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Xegiie

don't forget there was NHL team with higher offer than flyers.

i can not believe we still discuss this

Old
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
don't forget there was NHL team with higher offer than flyers.

i can not believe we still discuss this
Which teams?

Old
06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Which teams?

I'd like to hear that answer as well.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Detroit was one of them

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Which teams?
St. Louis Blues offered around $5 million (and Winnipeg Jets were allegedly somewhere around that number too, but I'm not sure about this one).

Pourquoi pas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 03:34 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Source?

If I remember correctly, Montreal, Detroit, and the Penguins were the only ones interested in signing Jagr and made him an offer. Penguins and Detroit both made their offers but withdrew because Jagr was indecisive. There was absolutely no mention of how much they were willing to pay to sign him for. There was talks of Detroit offering Jagr more or less the same amount of money that Pittsburgh offered, but not more than what the Flyers offered. The only person, as a previous poster mentioned, that said there were other teams that made a higher offer than the Flyers is Jagr himself.

Edit: I don't recall ever hearing/reading about St Louis or Jets making an offer for Jagr.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Pourquoi pas

Quote:
Source?

If I remember correctly, Montreal, Detroit, and the Penguins were the only ones interested in signing Jagr and made him an offer. Penguins and Detroit both made their offers but withdrew because Jagr was indecisive. There was absolutely no mention of how much they were willing to pay to sign him for. There was talks of Detroit offering Jagr more or less the same amount of money that Pittsburgh offered, but not more than what the Flyers offered. The only person, as a previous poster mentioned, that said there were other teams that made a higher offer than the Flyers is Jagr himself.

Edit: I don't recall ever hearing/reading about St Louis or Jets making an offer for Jagr.
If you think about the whole thing, who else can be the source of such an information other than GM of the respective team and Jagr / his agent? The information about St. Louis obviously comes from the Jagr's side. To confirm that, you would need a word from Blues' GM.

You have correctly stated that before July 1st there were three teams publicly interested in Jagr - Detroit, Pittsburgh and Montreal (but I don't think Montreal ever made any offer). And in which of those teams Jagr ended up? ... Do you think Flyers were the only team that made a non-public offer? But I obviously don't have any proof (nor there can be any)..

Pourquoi pas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourquoi pas View Post
If you think about the whole thing, who else can be the source of such an information other than GM of the respective team and Jagr / his agent? The information about St. Louis obviously comes from the Jagr's side. To confirm that, you would need a word from Blues' GM.

You have correctly stated that before July 1st there were three teams publicly interested in Jagr - Detroit, Pittsburgh and Montreal (but I don't think Montreal ever made any offer). And in which of those teams Jagr ended up? ... Do you think Flyers were the only team that made a non-public offer? But I obviously don't have any proof (nor there can be any)..
Gauthier made everything a secret. But I highly doubt they (Montreal) would've offered anything more than what the Flyers have offered, they would've more or less offered Jagr around the same money that Detroit and the Penguins offered. You have to keep in mind that Jagr is a 40 year old who will only be declining, why would any team offer him more than 3 Million for a year only? Obviously money isn't the ONLY factor, but it was a huge one. I'm pretty sure if a team offered him 5 million he would've taken the offer in a heartbeat.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Xegiie

Jagr himself said he had higher offers, do you really think he needs to make things up?
im pretty sure there was name of team, and i believe they would call ******** on Jagr if he lied

Last edited by Xegiie: 06-03-2012 at 05:08 PM.