HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Cairns fight vs. the Leafs

Old
06-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Eric Cairns fight vs. the Leafs

Anyone have a video of Cairns beating up on a Leaf player? I believe it was Corson or Tucker.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

vCash: 500

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Kershaw

Thanks! For some reason this was not showing up on my yt search!

What a great crowd. Corson was a little punk though with that kick near the end. Corson deserved that beating.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Isles Junkie

Still can't get over that ****er for kicking Cairns after he got his ass kicked. what a little POS

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Still can't get over that ****er for kicking Cairns after he got his ass kicked. what a little POS
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Seriously, how much controversy surrounded Corson in his career? I remember reading about the Moginly incident.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Heart of Vukota

I was at that game. Bar none the loudest Isles game Ive ever been to.

Heart of Vukota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:00 PM
JTforPres2012

Then Corson trying to kick Cairnsy...too bad DP ruined the "Cairns Number 1'' after that fight against Montoya back in the day.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
The whole Leafs crew deserved a beating after that series, Pat Quinn included. Throw in Colin Campbell for not suspending Roberts or Tucket either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Vukota View Post
I was at that game. Bar none the loudest Isles game Ive ever been to.
If Jonsson didn't get hit from behind by Roberts and Peca didn't get his leg blown out by Tucker then maybe things get better..

I'd kill for an emotional year like that. New ownership, Gm makes moves to get team competitive and they have a terrific first series.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
JTforPres2012

After watching that fight (smiling the whole time) it made me realize how much I hated the Leafs after that series. So many scums on that team.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
JTforPres2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZ1zIOYtFw

I don't know if anyone saw this, this was insanity, Cairns going absolutely nuts.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-03-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Embed YT
Old
06-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
After watching that fight (smiling the whole time) it made me realize how much I hated the Leafs after that series. So many scums on that team.
I still don't like them. I hate Phanuef, I hate the garbage reffing that went on in favor of the Leafs this year. Watching Tavares get crosschecked in the head and get called for diving was facepalm worthy. Grabovski interfering with Moulson to spring a 2-1 and set up McArthur for the game winner.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:49 PM
gordie43

ahh memeories. I was at that game sitting in the last row at the top on center ice, boy was the Coliseum rocking that night. I'm playing for this team to becoming an 8 seed so maybe we can have another moment like that.

gordie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:30 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I still don't like them. I hate Phanuef, I hate the garbage reffing that went on in favor of the Leafs this year. Watching Tavares get crosschecked in the head and get called for diving was facepalm worthy. Grabovski interfering with Moulson to spring a 2-1 and set up McArthur for the game winner.
More like a throw a baby at the wall and see how long it sticks kind of worthy. I've never been so mad at a call before. Don Van Massenhoven is such a moron.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:44 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
More like a throw a baby at the wall and see how long it sticks kind of worthy. I've never been so mad at a call before. Don Van Massenhoven is such a moron.
Then Dougie Weight was absolutely furious, a nice spark of emotion while Fat Cap was on the side telling him to calm down.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
puckstopper55

Send a message via AIM to puckstopper55
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZ1zIOYtFw

I don't know if anyone saw this, this was insanity, Cairns going absolutely nuts.
Wow. He lost his ****.. When was this?

puckstopper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Then Dougie Weight was absolutely furious, a nice spark of emotion while Fat Cap was on the side telling him to calm down.
Basically. I'm not a Weight fan but Capuano sucks.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:41 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
Wow. He lost his ****.. When was this?
The year of the lockout.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:36 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
A tough team that had heart, skill, finesse, grit and discipline.

Glad we got rid of that ****.

Thanks, Charles!

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
That's better put, and I'm serious too.

I don't believe the refs had it in for the Isles *all year* because you see horrible reffing in every game, and it's been very evident in the playoffs for and against each team, so you're lying to yourself if you believe the refs had it in for the Isles specifically all year.

But damn, doesn't it seem like the Leafs have it easy against the Isles?

Old
06-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Lets not forget Phil Kessel literally standing right in front of A-Mac at center ice and chopping him in the ankles repeatedly with his stick while a ref is literally right next to the two watching it all happen a foot in front of his face.

I never left a game feeling more screwed over by the refs than I did that one, and also the game in Toronto. Never seen worse reffing in my entire life than that back to back.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:46 PM
JKP

Quote:
Now take that basic Leaf hate and imagine you lived in Canada, where all the media originates from toronto and the Leafs are the only and every thing that is talked about. Imagine how much that amplifies your existing hatred?

I despise the Leafs. I hope they never win a cup in my life. I hope "Burkie" keeps driving them into the ground.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
its such a bad example for the children watching the games... I am so glad we got rid of all those hoodlums.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:44 PM
LongIslandCircus

Quote:
The whole Leafs crew deserved a beating after that series, Pat Quinn included. Throw in Colin Campbell for not suspending Roberts or Tucket either.

If Jonsson didn't get hit from behind by Roberts and Peca didn't get his leg blown out by Tucker then maybe things get better..
I'd kill for an emotional year like that. New ownership, Gm makes moves to get team competitive and they have a terrific first series.
Those two plays absolutely crippled our chances, however I would argue the Jonsson injury was far more difficult to overcome. No doubt Peca was the teams heart and soul, but Jonsson's absence really stood out. Our lack of depth on the blueline was already an issue before the injury.....we just didn't have the horses to cover his loss.

I am in the same boat my friend, another emotional series like that would be amazing!

LongIslandCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
Lets not forget Phil Kessel literally standing right in front of A-Mac at center ice and chopping him in the ankles repeatedly with his stick while a ref is literally right next to the two watching it all happen a foot in front of his face.

I never left a game feeling more screwed over by the refs than I did that one, and also the game in Toronto. Never seen worse reffing in my entire life than that back to back.
He pulled the same crap with Hamonic 20 seconds later and Hamonic got the extra penalty for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
Now take that basic Leaf hate and imagine you lived in Canada, where all the media originates from toronto and the Leafs are the only and every thing that is talked about. Imagine how much that amplifies your existing hatred?

I despise the Leafs. I hope they never win a cup in my life. I hope "Burkie" keeps driving them into the ground.
Wow, that sucks, I wouldn't be able to deal with that, especially around the time Simmonds had it out for Tavares and went to the newspaper to tell him to pull a Lindros with the Isles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCircus View Post
Those two plays absolutely crippled our chances, however I would argue the Jonsson injury was far more difficult to overcome. No doubt Peca was the teams heart and soul, but Jonsson's absence really stood out. Our lack of depth on the blueline was already an issue before the injury.....we just didn't have the horses to cover his loss.

I am in the same boat my friend, another emotional series like that would be amazing!
The trio of Aucoin, Hamrlik and Jonsson was strong, the three after

A good number four would have been terrific, especially considering how fragile Jonsson was. I don't want to complain too much about it because Milbury did what he could to turn the team around as fast as possible (horrible in hindsight) but going from last to 5th in the East was a nice feat. Too bad he couldn't sustain anything or get the team into the second round.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:49 PM
TeamKidd

I was at that game too, i think i still have the white towel somewhere from that game. I went with my dad, I was screaming and cheering the whole time I think my dad half wanted to have me committed after the game cause I was screamin like a mad man. I hated those leafs. What trash. and their coach, fat *******, what a ******. I forget if it was that game, but he refused to put tucker out for the last 10 minutes because he might get hurt. dont write checks your ass cant cash.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote