HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tbl/pho/ott

Old
06-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
As a Tampa fan... Hell yeah

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

vCash: 500
Only way I see Gormley being moved is in a package for a top line goal scorer. There won't be any prospect for prospect deal involving him at this point in his career because there's too much upside.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:47 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Only way I see Gormley being moved is in a package for a top line goal scorer. There won't be any prospect for prospect deal involving him at this point in his career because there's too much upside.
Milan Michalek is your man. Gormley for Michalek, sounds fair.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:32 AM
shello
@WShello9

Like it from Tampa's side

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:28 PM
wilfred

Quote:
I think the only way to get a top line goal score is by draft or prospect trade who turns out to be the player you want, Connolly has that upside. Unless you plan on drading Yandle or OEL and I'm not sure why you would want them to do that.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
I think the only way to get a top line goal score is by draft or prospect trade who turns out to be the player you want, Connolly has that upside. Unless you plan on drading Yandle or OEL and I'm not sure why you would want them to do that.
In the history of the coyotes, only 2 times has a player been drafted, developed and scored 20g in a season in a yotes uni - briere (01-02) and mueller (07-08). So its not like we get those players via the draft. We don't have an owner, so its not like we're strong FA market players either. And still yotes fans are unwilling to move any of the big 3 on defense this summer.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:58 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Not to harp but don't you think that Tampa fans feel the same way about Connolly and Ottawa fans feel the same way about Lehner

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:14 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
In the history of the coyotes, only 2 times has a player been drafted, developed and scored 20g in a season in a yotes uni - briere (01-02) and mueller (07-08). So its not like we get those players via the draft. We don't have an owner, so its not like we're strong FA market players either. And still yotes fans are unwilling to move any of the big 3 on defense this summer.
Some yotes fans remember the cluster of a defense that was paraded around during their original years in Winnipeg. There is a reason that this franchise had not won a playoff series in 25 years and it has been largely because of the quality of the blueline. Maloney has now addressed that issue and the franchise took a huge step forward because of it. I don't see a need to stray from the plan. Personally, I would look to deal Yandle but not until Gormely is ready for top 2 minutes.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:19 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Just to be clear you are using this as support for an argument to deal a d prospect (which Phoenix has a proven record in developing) and dealing him for a forward prospect (which they seem to have an atrocious record in developing). Honestly I think that leads to a completely different conclusion. One that Coyote fans are championing.

Edit: I could completely be misreading your comment. I apologize if that is the case.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Just to be clear you are using this as support for an argument to deal a d prospect (which Phoenix has a proven record in developing) and dealing him for a forward prospect (which they seem to have an atrocious record in developing). Honestly I think that leads to a completely different conclusion. One that Coyote fans are championing.

Edit: I could completely be misreading your comment. I apologize if that is the case.
Ha. Yeah, you misread me. I was trying to show just how much we value those 3 dmen, not argue that we should move one. Just showing we know our weaknesses, but are still not willing to deviate from a plan. I'm willing to move rundblad, murphy or our 1st before gormley, oel or yandle. Although i'm willing to give knickle a chance, i don't see what's changed in our development apparatus.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote