HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 01:51 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Yeah...unless he outright is saying he will not play for Nashville, I don't understand why we wouldn't play "hardball". Why do we lose him to the KHL and NY doesn't?

Old
06-03-2012, 01:59 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Unfortunately for NSH, this seems to be playing out as I suspected it would (back in March):

Quote: (Here's a guess where he wants to play next season: if he and that Russian singer, Nyusha, are still an item, I suspect he'll go play with one of the Moscow teams if the money is right. Guess where she's from?)

Quote: No, I think its probably to Broadway (NYC) that he'd like to go in ~2014.

NSH has a good chance at the cup this season -- another reason (despite it being less meaningful to him than money) that it is optimal for him to come over now to burn that last ELC year.

This is the reason, as I also stated back then, why Poile wasn't worried about giving up first rounders for bottom six players during the TDL frenzy. Poile knew he would have multiple chips in the form of desirable UFA/RFAs that he could trade the rights to in June in order to restock his inventory of high draft picks.

06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

So because there is a contract with a team in Moscow that Radulov has apparently said "no thank you" to and NY is interested in a player it's playing out just like you thought it would?

It's all speculation at this point. What about Radulov's own remarks about how he would like to stay in Nashville? What about Rinne's comments confirming that Radulov likes it in Nashville, and how Rinne himself feels Radulov is likely to be back? Are you ignoring that because it doesn't fit in with your prediction?

Old
06-03-2012, 02:06 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah...unless he outright is saying he will not play for Nashville, I don't understand why we wouldn't play "hardball". Why do we lose him to the KHL and NY doesn't?
thats just the NY post stating their opinions, really. anything other than hardball for a guy like radulov and we get screwed. he is a RFA and wants to stay in the NHL. we hold the chips as far as him playing in the NHL goes

Old
06-03-2012, 02:11 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
....we hold the chips as far as him playing in the NHL goes
Bingo.

Old
06-03-2012, 02:12 PM
VFL615*

Like Rinne is going to say Rads hates Nashville. Who would not like Nashville it a wonderful city but it does not mean they like to play hockey here for a career. Getting apples and oranges mixed in the basket. Unless decisions start changing otherwise it is going to look like a common feeling with are star players the exception being Peks.

Old
06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So because there is a contract with a team in Moscow that Radulov has apparently said "no thank you" to and NY is interested in a player it's playing out just like you thought it would?

It's all speculation at this point. What about Radulov's own remarks about how he would like to stay in Nashville? What about Rinne's comments confirming that Radulov likes it in Nashville, and how Rinne himself feels Radulov is likely to be back? Are you ignoring that because it doesn't fit in with your prediction?
What's not to like about NSH, both playing and living? I would like it there too. But an adult's decision making process typically involves more than what s/he "likes." When the ability to choose becomes available, factors like wives, girlfriends, children, family, friends, etc, all play a part in making the best overarching decision (IMO).

Old
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
What's not to like about NSH, both playing and living? I would like it there too. But an adult's decision making process typically involves more than what s/he "likes." When the ability to choose becomes available, factors like wives, girlfriends, children, family, friends, etc, all play a part in making the best overarching decision (IMO).
Ability to choose where to play right now isn't so black and white for Rads right now.

Old
06-03-2012, 05:48 PM
eco's bones

From this Rangers fan's viewpoint--Radulov does not fit too well into a Tortorella style team. He doesn't' show particular commitment to the defensive side of the puck. Rangers forwards block shots--they hit. They sit when they don't. Rangers aren't the most talented team but they play a hard game. We're built around our defense. Radulov looks like a more talented Zherdev who definitely couldn't cut it under Torts. If he ever swung his stick like he did when he nearly decapitated his coach in Russia he better make sure it connects or he's going to be eating it in front of more than 18,000 people because Torts is not going to take that **** and I wouldn't bet that the rest of the Rangers bench would either.

I'm not for giving up anything substantial for Radulov and it's not because he's not talented--it's because I think he has character flaws that are going to be stuck dead center into his puss if they rear their ugly head in NY. I respect Trotz as a coach and think he's a good guy and coach but he's not IMO nearly as hard as Torts. Cross the line with him and you're ****ed and his team believes in him.

Old
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Agreed, but all of the talk seems to be that Radulov is definitely out of Nashville, and definitely destined for either the KHL or a big market (i.e. Rangers). This isn't just something I'm picking on you about, as you know.

And forgive me if I come across as brash. Ever since the firesale Leipold initiated to make the team more attractive to potential buyers we fans in Nashville have had to deal with countless fans of other teams, particularly large market or Canadian market teams, salivating any time a good Predators player has gotten close to market. With Weber last year (and maybe this year), Suter's situation, and now Radulov it starts to grate on the nerves. My apologies if I sounded like an ass.

Old
06-03-2012, 09:57 PM
token grinder

we dont trade radulov unless suter is signed...........

Old
06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
seems if suter signed, he would want radulov (and all the offensive help he could get)

Old
06-03-2012, 11:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

rangers fans seem to think radulov is worth a 2nd round pick (around 60th overall in NYRs case) + mid tier prospect

Old
06-03-2012, 11:38 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Or maybe we don't sign Suter until Rads is gone. Suter and Radulov are like oil and water today (forget that they were buddies years ago). Suter doesn't seem the type to deal with Radulov's happy go lucky, skirt the rules kind of guy. And if the Preds tie up big money with Radulov, they can't afford another big name forward, i.e. Parise.

I think Nashville is more attractive to Suter without Radulov, IF the Preds go after another talented forward.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Broom of the System

If we're dead set on having a supremely talented but flawed Russian on the team, why not trade Rads and go after Semin? Semin has a much better shot and is less of a problem off of the ice anyway. He's proven that he can be competent in the defensive zone as well these past two years. The problem with him is that he only shows up when he feels like it, but I think he might be motivated after having his playing time cut back in Washington.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:50 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
If we're dead set on having a supremely talented but flawed Russian on the team, why not trade Rads and go after Semin? Semin has a much better shot and is less of a problem off of the ice anyway. He's proven that he can be competent in the defensive zone as well these past two years. The problem with him is that he only shows up when he feels like it, but I think he might be motivated after having his playing time cut back in Washington.
Semin's time off happens in big blocks of games at a time. I'd rather give a chance to Rads who hasn't returned to a full NHL season yet.

Old
06-04-2012, 05:55 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
seems if suter signed, he would want radulov (and all the offensive help he could get)
I think you would be surprised at this point. I would almost lay money the deal is done soon, barring something crazy happening. Although I could see them waiting until after the finals to announce because if Suter signs, all the focus is on Parise and I think the Nashville organization has a little respect for the sanctity of the cup final in terms of announcements. Parise doesn't need questions of where he is going in the finals. My opinion, of course, as far as announcements are concerned.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Semin's motivation has been a problem since he entered the league. Radulov may be a flawed player, but no one should ever question his drive. I think he NEEDS to win.

He may be a selfish player, but I think he's a safer and actually more talented player than Semin.

And for the record, dumping Radulov for a late second and an "okay" prospect, only to have him turn around and score 80 points would be a disaster, no matter how the apologists around here would doubtless spin it into "well, at least we got something for him, Poile must have known he was going to return to the KHL!"

Old
06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I think you would be surprised at this point. I would almost lay money the deal is done soon, barring something crazy happening. Although I could see them waiting until after the finals to announce because if Suter signs, all the focus is on Parise and I think the Nashville organization has a little respect for the sanctity of the cup final in terms of announcements. Parise doesn't need questions of where he is going in the finals. My opinion, of course, as far as announcements are concerned.
i'm not trying to be...a way....but...is this just a "hunch?"

Because while I admire your doe-eyed optimism, I unfortunately don't share it

Old
06-04-2012, 08:28 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So now OTF is saying there's talk of the Rangers trying to get Suter, Weber, and Rads? Seems like it may be an interesting draft after all....

Old
06-04-2012, 09:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
So now OTF is saying there's talk of the Rangers trying to get Suter, Weber, and Rads? Seems like it may be an interesting draft after all....
Straight across for McDonaugh, Girardi, and Stepan.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
i'm not trying to be...a way....but...is this just a "hunch?"

Because while I admire your doe-eyed optimism, I unfortunately don't share it
My opinion of timeliness of announcing deals for all stars out of respect for the finals and their participants, yes, a hunch.

As far as Suter signing a deal unless the organization does something incredibly stupid, no, not a hunch. This progress all parties spoke of coupled with a meeting this week, and a few other things point to a deal almost being done.

Last edited by token grinder: 06-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old
06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Trade Suter, Rads, and sign Weber to the contract of his life. I will be ok with that.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
My opinion of timeliness of announcing deals for all stars out of respect for the finals and their participants, yes, a hunch.

As far as Suter signing a deal unless the organization does something incredibly stupid, no, not a hunch. This progress all parties spoke of coupled with a meeting this week, and a few other things point to a deal almost being done.
Again, I'm not privy to any sort of inside info on this matter, and I don't know if you are, but I didn't get that from the quotes released. It sounded like what we have all thought for months: the Predators are thoughtful and optimistic, and are going to give it the old college try, and Suter his agent saying, "They're certainly giving us something to think about, Ryan will think about it with his family and do what's best for him."

To me, that doesn't indicate "all but done deal," it could just as easily indicate "really, this is a good offer, and we're happy to have you continue to throw big piles of money, but "my family" wants me to go play in San Jose"

Old
06-04-2012, 09:52 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Straight across for McDonaugh, Girardi, and Stepan.
Funny, I've never seen "Callahan" spelled that way before.

Closed Thread