HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers Interested in Radulov

Old
06-03-2012, 04:30 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
I hope he goes there. He'd ruin that room.
I'd be worried, if I was a Rangers fan, that Sather doesn't begin running the team back into mediocrity after almost getting a sniff of the finals. He's built a solid, young, core as of recent so let's hope, for their sake, he doesn't ruin it.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
If I was the Rangers I wouldn't do A-Rad for Staal straight up. Staal is a top 2 d-man and I still think he's only gonna get better. Just too much promise to give up for a high risk high reward guy
i agree. radulov is an elite first line winger talent wise. intangibles, not so much. rangers better be careful on what they give up.

but if it works out well, radulov will be an 80 point winger consistently

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Yes. I'm sure Radulov would much rather play on a rebuilding team in Edmonton than in NYC for a contender.

If he wasn't/isn't happy on a good team in Nashville, why the hell would he play on a crappy team in Edmonton?

Common sense people, please.
If people were using common sense (and it's obvious it isn't that common), they would realize that teams change places all the time...Rangers may not even make the playoffs next year...again. Contenders are all 16 teams that make the playoffs by the way, not some fantasy made up list...

Some fans don't need to be high and mighty when it should be realized it was only a couple of seasons ago that the Rangers themselves never even made the playoffs. They won their first cup in 54 years in 94 and it took a bunch of ex-Oilers to accomplish it. How many cups have they won since and how many times to the finals? How many rounds did they win this year?

Sure the Oilers have sucked the last few years and they have plenty of company. At least we know it... They'll be back and most knowlegable fans know it.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 05:54 PM
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
If people were using common sense (and it's obvious it isn't that common), they would realize that teams change places all the time...Rangers may not even make the playoffs next year...again. Contenders are all 16 teams that make the playoffs by the way, not some fantasy made up list...

Some fans don't need to be high and mighty when it should be realized it was only a couple of seasons ago that the Rangers themselves never even made the playoffs. They won their first cup in 54 years in 94 and it took a bunch of ex-Oilers to accomplish it. How many cups have they won since and how many times to the finals? How many rounds did they win this year?

Sure the Oilers have sucked the last few years and they have plenty of company. At least we know it... They'll be back and most knowlegable fans know it.
Right, so you think the Oilers have a better chance at contending for the cup in the next, lets say 4 years (reasonable contract length) than the Rangers? Sure, maybe in 2017 or something the Oilers might be a good team, as long as you address the defence issue and grab a #1 goaltender... not to mention being able to retain all those #1 overall picks when they hit free agency.

But you have no problem getting players to play in Edmonton, and keeping them there once you get them right?

How about we start a little smaller and try not to get the lottery pick next year, and maybe work from there on trying to be more of a contender than the Rangers.

sexton11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Radulov to the Rangers would never work. Torts would have a conniption when he sees Radulov will actually try to, gasp, score goals.

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:04 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

Quote:
You might have an issue getting him for just your 12th overall pick, let alone a second rounder. What a ridiculous offer
did i miss the boat on radulov..no way would i give up the 12th or 21st overall for his rights...keep dreaming ..if you get a high second take it and run before he does it to nashville ..again

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Paxton Fettel

I really hope he doesn't end up in NY ...

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:56 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Yes, but on the flip side why settle for a 2nd rounder? Radulov is worth more than that, NyR should atleast offer a 1st. If they don't, they will need to wait 2 years to have a shot at him.
Who says he's worth more than that? If some other team is offering a 1st, and Radulov is interested in signing with said team, then he is worth a 1st. If no team is offering a 1st, or no team that he will sign with is offering a 1st, then Radulov is not worth that.

The big questions here are:
1. Will Radulov resign in Nashville? If he will, then Poille has plenty of options and doesn't need to take a lower return. If he won't, then he has to shop him for whatever he can get.

2. Who will Radulov sign a contract with? It doesn't matter if team X will offer a ransom for him if Radulov won't sign with Team X.

3. Of those teams that Radulov might sign with, who is interested in allocating assets and a considerable chunk of money money towards Alexander Radulov? If the answer is 4 or 5 teams, then Poille has got himself a bidding war and is in the driver seat. If a majority of the desirable destinations aren't interested in devoting assets and 5-6 million worth of cap hit, then Poille is going to have a difficult time recouping much.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Radulov to the Rangers would never work. Torts would have a conniption when he sees Radulov will actually try to, gasp, score goals.
Gaborik scored 40 of them. That must have been a zombie coaching our team.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Your high powered offense got you 5 games in the playoffs. Nice work.

I'm torn on Radulov. Good player, and I'm sure Torts would get a lot out of him, but Nashville's asking price is going to be too much for that type of risk.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:47 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Gaborik scored 40 of them. That must have been a zombie coaching our team.
You mean 105, since Gaborik has come to NY, and that's in 3 seasons.

How many others have 100 or more in the last 3 seasons? Over under 20, I'd say, under 20, possibly under 15.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
mytor4*

Habs will offer back Nashvilles 2rd pick for him.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:56 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Can't buy everybody. Already have Lundquist making big money, two overpaid forwards (Richards and Gaborik) and a complete dead piece (Dubinsky) with a lot of money coming to him. 4.2 mill a year for a fourth line garbage can. You have 3 excellent young players who are restricted free agents after next season (Stepan, Hagelin and McDonough) Expect to spend 12 mill atleast on those 3. Doesn't leave any room for a big free agent contract unless you can unload Gaborik or Boob-insky
Yeah our best forward in the playoffs (Richards) 15 points in 20 games and then our 41 goalscorer Gaborik who played with a torn rotator cuff are overpaid, lazy players...

I can bet you my life that your GM would love Gaborik and Richards on his team, in fact any team with the caproom would love them on their team.

Can't say the same about DiPietro though...

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:58 PM
RyanCallahan24*

I love the rational on HFboards... if you have a late 1st rounder it's useless, it's basically a 2nd rounder. And if you have an early 2nd rounder then it has alot of value, why? ''Because it's like a late 1st rounder'' .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Vitto79

I say screw it and give this a try
Rangers need goals and Radulov will score

Torts will absolutely kill the guy if he doesnt play D. Yea it may be a disaster and if so he is a goner after a yr OR he could be their Kovalev from the 94 Cup winning team

IF all it costs is say a 2nd, Zuccarellos rights, 5th rounder I roll the dice.

BUZZ: The Rangers Are Going After Alexander Radulov
posted on June 3rd, 2012 at 6:37 pm
6:26AM: According to Larry Brooks in the NY Post, the Rangers are attempting to acquire the rights to pending RFA Alexander Radulov of the Nashville Predators.

Brooks writes that Sather and Nashville GM David Poile are beyond the “kicking tires” stage of talking and the Rangers are urgently trying to acquire his rights so that they have a window to try and sign him before July 1.

Radulov, 25, has a big offer from the KHL on the table but Brooks rights that Radulov is believed to want to stay in the NHL.

Radulov has won the KHL MVP Award three straight years.

After returning to the Predators for their playoff run, Radulov had seven points in nine regular season games and 6 points in eight playoff games.

Radulov was benched for two games after breaking curfew in the Nashville series against Phoenix.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
LyricalLyricist

Filatov got a 3rd...Radulov is worth significantly more.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Would the rangers be willing to part with Dubinsky? With kreider and stepan, seems like he might be expendable, especially coming off a bad season and being on the overpaid side.

I wouldn't love the deal for Nashville, but the Preds are in as much of a "win now" mode as the Rags. Trading for a 5 years away prospect doesn't make much sense.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
ZetterBurger

Brooks is just trying to piss off Torts. He knows the vein in his head will burst if he has to coach that block head. The Rangers shouldn't sign him if they want to win a Stanley Cup. Just send him to Philly.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

The Rangers aren't going to give up a roster player for him.

Get a grip.

Sather is looking to buy low. Low risk, huge reward.

Don't expect the Rangers to be giving up anything more than a 2nd round pick and a mediocre prospect at most.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Guy needs to go back to the KHL and stay there. No class.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
The Rangers aren't going to give up a roster player for him.

Get a grip.

Sather is looking to buy low. Low risk, huge reward.

Don't expect the Rangers to be giving up anything more than a 2nd round pick and a mediocre prospect at most.
then no offense.. but there is no way radulov would be traded to nyr for that.

but I understand your sentiments.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Richter35

Assuming Rads really wants to play and they have a ballpark idea of what he'll sign for, I could imagine Glen sending the 1st and a prospect (say Christian Thomas) for Rads rights and a mid-round pick. If what they know he'll sign for won't ruin the salary structure it's well worth the gamble.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Above and Beyond

Radulov is worth the gamble. He has elite talent. Questionable heart and compete level. But elite talent... something the Rangers are lacking outside of Gaborik, Richards, and Lundqvist. I can live with Radulov being aquired for the price of a late 1st or some combination of prospects and picks. Not to mention Radulov will want to redeem himself after the stunt he pulled in NAS, it means a big payday in the NHL is on the line.

And lol @ the notion that Radulov will walk into the Rangers locker room and turn it upside down. It's one guy were talking about here. The NYR have a identity in the locker room, hard work/sacrifice/team first etc, and if Radulov doesn't fit in Sather will find a way to ship him out. His first (and soon to be second) departure from NAS didn't destroy that team.

Above and Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Vitto79

I would love to see a poll on this, So many say bad idea and others say roll the dice

Reality is the option stink .........Parise likely wont go across the river..........other options are Whitney but he's older and a two yr deal is risky.........after that what Jagr again?...........I would not mind rolling the dice on Simon Gagne but he is hurt alot

Radulov is one of the best offensive options. He needs to buy in of course

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:08 PM
sparxx87

I would be reluctant if I were NY.

Not only do I not think he could handle Torts, but I doubt he could stay out of trouble in NYC. It took him what, 3 weeks to find hot water as a Pred? Imagine him in the city that never sleeps for an extended period of time. He lacks discipline, and that would be even more evident in NY with not only the temptation, but increased spotlight and media attention... People would notice him out in the middle of the night in NY... Way moreso then in Scottsdale AZ...

Rangers would be better off with Nash or Parise IMO. Not saying that would happen, but often the best moves are the ones you don't make. eg. LA Kings and Kovalchuk.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote