HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

SCF Gm #2, 6/2/12: KINGS BEAT DEVILS in OT 2-1, up in series 2-0, WE WANT THE CUP !!!

Old
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post

lolcraigbutton
"The LA Kings do not have enough good defensemen [to give up Jack Johnson]."

What a fool. How does Button still have a job?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's scary how slim the margin has been. The edge (literally) has been Quick. That extra .25 on his SV% has been the difference. I haven't seen the possession #s for game 2 yet but I'm guessing it was a bit more even as well. Still in the Kings favor though. The Kings have been just a little bit better.

I wouldn't say the Kings stole the game. I think both teams deserved to win. Both played well.
I'm not happy with Barry Melrose's commentary about game 2. If he were talking about regulation only, then I would agree with him, but saying the Kings didn't deserve this win is over the top.

Barry, check the stats for overtime, please will ya? Kings outshot the Devils 11-3. (I can't find a stat for the scoring chances, but it had be close to the same type of dominance.)

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Craig "Im still bitter with the Kings for passing me over as the GM that I am going to badmouth them like a 10 yo no matter how stupid it makes me sound" Button.

Classic.

WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!!

KEEP DOING "SERIOUS DAMAGE"!!!!

Long way to go but so far so good.

GO KINGS GO AND KEEP ON BELIEVING IN THE TEAM!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:21 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I'm not happy with Barry Melrose's commentary about game 2. If he were talking about regulation only, then I would agree with him, but saying the Kings didn't deserve this win is over the top.

Barry, check the stats for overtime, please will ya? Kings outshot the Devils 11-3. (I can't find a stat for the scoring chances, but it had be close to the same type of dominance.)
The Kings had more scoring chances in OT, but NJ was tops in regulation. Even overall. http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/6/3/stanl...coring-chances

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Let's not forget about The Hockey News writer Ken Campbell and his silly criticisms of the Kings.
http://lakingsnews.com/2012/05/25/th...l-morons-suck/

There was also this gem written by Ken Campbell suggesting that Darryl Sutter would be a poor choice as a coaching hire.
http://lakingsnews.com/2011/12/13/th...darryl-sutter/

I love it when the media is wrong (as always).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

BTW.. I loved that interview of Quick by Pierre in the 1st intermission, great stuff.

Pierre: "There are a lot of young players out there that want to emulate the way you play."

Quick: "I wouldn't recommend it."

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
The Kings had more scoring chances in OT, but NJ was tops in regulation. Even overall. http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/6/3/stanl...coring-chances
Yeah, jumping to a 9-3 advantage in scoring chances in the first period will do that.

I guess what is important is we brought it big time in OT. Hopefully this carries over to game 3 as the Kings need to step it up and start outplaying them more consistently.

60-minute effort guys. Try to find a way to neutralize the awesome forecheck (most impressive).

Old
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
KingLB

Quote:
BTW.. I loved that interview of Quick by Pierre in the 1st intermission, great stuff.

Pierre: "There are a lot of young players out there that want to emulate the way you play."

Quick: "I wouldn't recommend it."
GD I guess I need to watch intermissions

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Let's not forget about The Hockey News writer Ken Campbell and his silly criticisms of the Kings.
http://lakingsnews.com/2012/05/25/th...l-morons-suck/
I read the article and I don't see where calling Campbell a "moron" by the originating website is called for. He seemed pretty spot on with most of his analysis.*

*Except for putting emphasis on the Kings poor offensive play during the season. Many of these writers keep missing the point I bring up on some of these blogs, which is this: the Kings averaged over 3 goals per game in their last 21 games of the season, and have averaged 2.81 in the playoffs.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Ken Campbell was one of those writers who brought up that the Kings had not been through any adversity and mentioned that the Kings had not won a playoff game in OT. Campbell got blasted for writing that and THN removed those comments from his column.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Ken Campbell was one of those writers who brought up that the Kings had not been through any adversity and mentioned that the Kings had not won a playoff game in OT. Campbell got blasted for writing that and THN removed those comments from his column.
Ah okay, thanks.

Yeah the whole adversity argument amuses me. I just posted about it on the main board.

They are acting like the Kings faced some AHL team each of first three rounds and pummelled them into the concrete below the ice. Sheer ignorance at its best, and more evidence that East Coast writers don't get the West because they don't bother to stay up to watch them or even set their DVRs to watch them during the next day.

Seems to me that facing the Prez Cup Trophy winners in the first round and playing for the Stanley Cup is plenty adversity enough as it is.

Winning all four OT games you have played in is pure clutch, and skating up and down in a 4th period while tired and knowing at any moment you could lose the game would seem adversity enough to me.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
I'm SO thrilled someone is doing this. Thank you!
Welcome. I've got all HD feeds of the NBC games. I'm getting the CBC ones now. I don't have TSN ones yet. Still looking. Not sure what I am going to do with all this stuff once I have it. I just feel compelled to do it.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:58 PM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Found it.

Thanks for sharing. I spoke to Jim during the break of this taping, he says "Two More."

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:58 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

The NHL Network is doing everything they can to sell to the fans of neither team that this series isn't over.

For the record, I don't think it is.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Is that your channel? If so, NICE! I have you bookmarked. That page is where I've been downloading the Kings post game shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Hah, I've been following you for a while now downloading all your videos
Awesome! I'm glad you guys are checking out the vids I'm posting. My DVR is bursting at the seams with content I'm slowly transferring over to my YT channel. Stay tuned!

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Welcome. I've got all HD feeds of the NBC games. I'm getting the CBC ones now. I don't have TSN ones yet. Still looking. Not sure what I am going to do with all this stuff once I have it. I just feel compelled to do it.
LA Kings 2012 Stanley Cup Run DVD collection!

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:51 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I'm not sure but did Kopi block Kovalchecks stick or not or was he on the puck? It certainly looked like he was on it and saved a goal right there with 7 seconds left.

If so he did another outstanding save in these playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
And I'm not taking anything away from Quick on the following save but if Kovalschtuck gets it clean that could be the game right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I can still list a dozen "what ifs" from '93.

I am just numb. Cannot wait for Monday, then Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Possibly. Or not to take anything away from Kovalchuk but if Kopitar doesn't cause that fluttered (deflected) shot than Quick may make an easy save or it could have gone harmlessly wide of the net.
Then we all agree on that Kopi and Quick played it the best possible way considering the circumstances. Which is what I really wanted to say right from the beginning.

And the outcome could have been whatever but the effort by these two players is what really counted. I will choose my words more properly next time so there won't be those misshapps...it is all on me.

Now I bow and withdraw going backwards into the back with my head down and avoid eye contact.

Last edited by alpa: 06-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.
alpa is offline   Reply With Quote