HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Who Do You Think The Injured King Is?

Old
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
You guys really think Muzzin is ready? I heard he struggled a bit in Manchester this season. I'm not seeing anything wrong with Scuderi's play. He's still making the safe play, gets the puck to Doughty, and is never a liability. He had one visible mistake that I saw that was in Game 1, and that's it.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I think carter takes the draws on the right and Richards on the left side of the ice.

Williams definitely got kicked out on purpose to get some extra "rest". He was standing on the other side of the dot and pushed the devil.
I agree, plus Carter is better at faceoffs than Richards. It's a great luxury to have both of them on a line together for that reason.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:01 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
He meant hits and aggressive play, I think.
He looked quite aggressive getting in 2 different fights in the StL series....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I don't know. I really like our D pairings and not sure DD will be as comfortable playing with a rookie as he has been with Scuds.

I don't see any need to mess with the D pairings, especially the one that we are using against other teams top lines.
Agree, why break up a good thing just for the sake of breaking it up?? Kings aren't in cap trouble and likely won't be next year. Do you think Muzzin can log the mins it takes to be DD's partner next season (and especially next playoffs)? VV has been somewhat exposed in the playoffs now imagine a defensemen that is even greener (no pun intended) and not as good, logging more mins? It would lead to alot more "mistakes" in the back. Not only that, it means one of him/AMart/VV would have to penalty kill then.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Yup. No one has a concussion, that is for sure, it's the zero tolerance era as far as concussions go in the NHL and NFL. Richards likely has a shoulder injury, would explain how he hasn't been taking as many draws and hasn't been able to shoot the puck very well.
Players aren't reporting concussions if they are undetected by trainers. Korpikoski hid his, for example.

Look at the injury list from the Coyotes that came out after the Kings eliminated them. This is something else:

Martin Hanzal: Injured ribs, there is also speculation that he may need surgery according to Don Maloney
Shane Doan: Hip injury
Adrian Aucoin: Both groins
Ray Whitney: Back, injured several weeks ago and shoulder
Lauri Korpikoski: Injured knee, elbow, and concussion from the Chicago series, he apparently played 7 games with a concussion
Boyd Gordon: injured hand
Radim Vrbata: injured shoulder

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Players aren't reporting them if they are undetected by trainers.

Look at the injury list from the Coyotes that came out after the Kings eliminated them. This is something else:

Martin Hanzal: Injured ribs, there is also speculation that he may need surgery according to Don Maloney
Lauri Korpikoski: Injured knee, elbow, and concussion from the Chicago series, he apparently played 7 games with a concussion
You also forgot to list their most important injury.

Mike Smith: bruised ego

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

That guy is a pure ****. He needs anger management courses. I know Daryl Sutter said (and I am paraphrasing here) that there is a time and place to get even with Smith, and now is not the time or place.

Can't wait to see the first Coyotes / Kings game next season. Smith needs some payback for that assault on Brown and the attempted assault on Richards.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:42 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I think carter takes the draws on the right and Richards on the left side of the ice.

Williams definitely got kicked out on purpose to get some extra "rest". He was standing on the other side of the dot and pushed the devil.
I saw that too. I was surprised he didnt get into the NJ players face after he was pushed. Couldve bought another 30 seconds of rest.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Scuderi is either having a terrible series or is banged up enough to where he is out of position at times and skating pretty slow at times.

This board's ability to be completely ridiculous never ceases to amaze me.

Scuderi is playing like an absolute warrior in this series.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
You guys really think Muzzin is ready? I heard he struggled a bit in Manchester this season. I'm not seeing anything wrong with Scuderi's play. He's still making the safe play, gets the puck to Doughty, and is never a liability. He had one visible mistake that I saw that was in Game 1, and that's it.
I didn't hear that, not saying it's not true. A lot of players have had ups and downs in Manchester. I have seen Muzzin several times and I was impressed.

I have no problem with Scuderi. He has been solid. I am just talking about next year. You always do things to better your team and keep bringing up players from your system.

Scuderi was a great signing. But 3 years later, the Kings still have Mitchell for 2 more years, Greene is still
in his prime and Doughty has matured a ton - and is a leader and can even be counted on to be a shut down defenseman. I am not one to kick a good vet out the door, but the team and it's future come first.

Does trading Scuderi and replacing him with Muzzin make the Kings better? To me, it doesn't make them worse. It does a few other things - removes a 3.4 million contract and replaces it with a (?) $700,000 contract. You free up 2.7 million that can be used to upgrade - this move improves the team! And you get a good prospect or pick NOW for Scuderi. At the end of the year, you get nothing for him..or do you really resign him at 35 years old? And you reward a player from Manch, which has worked well with Martinez, Voynov, King and Jordan.

Last edited by Peter James Bond: 06-03-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:53 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Could be any number of guys, but we won't hear anything confirmed until after it's over. I can guarantee that.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Jon Bernier has a bruised tailbone

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:13 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
Jon Bernier has a bruised tailbone

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:15 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
This board's ability to be completely ridiculous never ceases to amaze me.

Scuderi is playing like an absolute warrior in this series.
Oh my good buddy Quattro, where did I ever say that Scuderi hasn't played like a total warrior? Try reading it again more slowly instead of just seeing that I wrote it so you can go and write something negative about my post as usual.

Here is what I wrote "Scuderi is either having a terrible series or is banged up enough to where he is out of position at times and skating pretty slow at times". IF he is the injured player then he is being a warrior, he just isn't playing up to his typically very good self. The two observations aren't mutually exclusive at all.

For the record what I am saying is that while I see Scuds as being a "total warrior" overall, he has been behind the play at times during this series (both games, the shock, the horror) and slower than he typically plays and that I think that he might be the injured player that is being guessed at.

Why would I consider him to be playing injured unless I thought that he was a great player? I mean if he was just another dman then his play would be fine and I wouldn't guess that he might be injured, would I?

Nope.

The ability of a very limited few posters around here to try and twist what some people write is why so many of the people who made these boards great have gone by the way side.

Oh well, still enough meat on the bone and thanks for your typical if not trite limited vision jab at me Quattro, next time just read what was written or at least what the thread is about.

For fun

Last edited by etherialone: 06-04-2012 at 01:32 AM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Brown's shoulder will be at 100% when hes carrying the Cup.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:48 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Players aren't reporting concussions if they are undetected by trainers. Korpikoski hid his, for example.

I hope the brain transplant goes better than the one they gave to Frankenstein...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:42 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
The ability of a very limited few posters around here to try and twist what some people write is why so many of the people who made these boards great have gone by the way side.
I won't claim that I made these boards great, but the vitriol for any opinion other than happy talk of the posters who weren't around to understand how much heartache a few of us went through decades ago is ridiculous.

Apparently I'm not deserving of the ability to enjoy this success because I didn't buy into EVERY move without question.

If you weren't alive in the 60s, you won't understand, but the mantra was "Question everything" - I'll stick with that. It's not always the best course, but it is the prudent one.

Last edited by PSP: 06-04-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Senior moments
PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:53 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:

WINNER!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:16 AM
LadyKing17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Carter took a lot of Richards' faceoffs last night
I remember towards the end of the game on an icing when Richards was the only fresh guy on the ice, the refs kicked Williams out of the faceoff circle and he came in to replace him and my reaction was, "wait... what?"

EDIT: Ack! Beaten to it again! This is about the tenth time this has happened to me in the past week, but it's what I get for not reading ahead. I just get so excited about things! lol

It wouldn't surprise me if Brown was injured, but I don't think he's been as bad as all that. Not putting up points, no, but he's still battling. And he had some pretty sick puck handling in front of the net at one point, too.

LadyKing17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:17 AM
KingsCorona

Quote:

I notice Rozsival isn't on the list :p

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:35 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
These are my thoughts exactly.

Muzzin is very much ready to step in and take his spot and I believe that DL can get us a very good return for Scuds especially if we can win the cup. He will be a vet D who has won the cup with two teams so his value would definitely be up there.
Muzzin was not even the Best D man in Manchester(my opinion). I think Hickey played way more consistent.

Muzzin came on strong to end the season, but he was awful to start the year/mid way through.

I think he needs another year in Manchester. I understand Hickey does not bring the same skill set as Scuds, But I would give Hickey roster time before I gave it to Muzzin. I fell like Hickey is the best D man in the system not on the roster.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:38 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I won't claim that I made these boards great, but the vitriol for any opinion other than happy talk of the posters who weren't around to understand how much heartache a few of us went through decades ago is ridiculous.

Apparently I'm not deserving of the ability to enjoy this success because I didn't buy into EVERY move without question.

If you weren't alive in the 60s, you won't understand, but the mantra was "Question everything" - I'll stick with that. It's not always the best course, but it is the prudent one.
Glad to see you back, How you like the current run ?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Does trading Scuderi and replacing him with Muzzin make the Kings better? To me, it doesn't make them worse. It does a few other things - removes a 3.4 million contract and replaces it with a (?) $700,000 contract. You free up 2.7 million that can be used to upgrade - this move improves the team! And you get a good prospect or pick NOW for Scuderi. At the end of the year, you get nothing for him..or do you really resign him at 35 years old? And you reward a player from Manch, which has worked well with Martinez, Voynov, King and Jordan.
If Muzzin comes into camp and outplays Scuderi and takes his job, then you can trade Scuderi. Trading Scuderi and giving his job to a rookie is a huge mistake. The Kings have zero cap issues and do not need the extra cap space during the off season.

You can never have too many defensemen in the NHL.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCorona View Post
I notice Rozsival isn't on the list :p
His dramatic injury turned out to be a bruise.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Capn Brown

If Scuderi is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Drewiske for a game.

If Brown is injured, I wouldn't mind seeing Clifford for a game. Clifford.....remember him?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote