HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Akonite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
well i agree that nj wouldnt give up there frist this year theres always next year lol id do a tedenby frist in 13

edmonton is tricky i personally would do a mvp 2nd and omark since noone there seem to want him. I really dont see edmonton and la trading again while dean is still the gm Since i dont see him being fired anytime soon. I doubt this trade happens
Edmonton won't be trading for Bernier. We have Dubnyk for now, I'm not saying one is better than the other but for better or worse were giving Dubnyk his shot at the starting role after earning it this past season.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 03:15 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
"My philosophy is I’m trying to find that Hall of Fame goaltender. But good luck trying to do that, it takes time. We’ll find that guy through the draft or unrestricted free agency — that guy isn’t there at this time."

That's the quote I'm going off of from Yzerman.

Basically saying, I don't think Bernier is "the hall of fame goaltender" he's talking about. I don't see him going after him, but you never know, that's why again I said almost guarantee.

Vokoun or Harding gives him a couple of solid options for the time being until he finds his guy.
That quote was out of context.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...ry-trade-route

Yzerman has repeatedly said his first choice is to trade for a young goaltender with free agency as a back up plan.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 03:23 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
That quote was out of context.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...ry-trade-route

Yzerman has repeatedly said his first choice is to trade for a young goaltender with free agency as a back up plan.
Well I can only go by whats been reported up here. I still don't see it. I think LA is going to ask too much for Yzerman's liking. I think Harding could give a good 50/30 split with Garon of solid goaltending.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Zip15

I think LA should move him this summer. With Thomas sitting out next season, and Vancouver unlikely to move Schneider, Bernier could most desirable goaltending asset on the market--Luongo is obviously more proven, but that contract could be difficult to swallow for many teams. I can't imagine Bernier is too enthralled with the prospect of going into another season with LA and getting fewer than 20 starts. I think the Kings should get the best haul they can for him, and either start breaking in Jones as the backup or go with a one-year stopgap and then bring up Jones for 2013-14.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:06 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckclektr View Post
I can see one of NJ, Edm or TB going after him.

NJ involving one or two of-Tedenby, Merrill, Wedgwood, Kinkaid, Burlon etc. Without a first this year I don't expect NJ to give up a 2nd.
EDM around Paajarvi_svensson +
*cough* Dubnyk *cough*

Edmonton is looking just fine between the pipes for now and in the future. It's the defense they need help with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
"My philosophy is Im trying to find that Hall of Fame goaltender. But good luck trying to do that, it takes time. Well find that guy through the draft or unrestricted free agency that guy isnt there at this time."

That's the quote I'm going off of from Yzerman.

Basically saying, I don't think Bernier is "the hall of fame goaltender" he's talking about. I don't see him going after him, but you never know, that's why again I said almost guarantee.

Vokoun or Harding gives him a couple of solid options for the time being until he finds his guy.
Yzerman actually clarified that statement later on, saying he was misquoted. He actually meant "Well find that guy through the draft or unrestricted free agency if that guy isnt there at this time."

Basically trading for Schneider/Bernier is option #1, if that doesn't work out then they'll go for someone like Vokoun or Harding (like you said).

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 06:34 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
*cough* Dubnyk *cough*

Edmonton is looking just fine between the pipes for now and in the future. It's the defense they need help with.

Yzerman actually clarified that statement later on, saying he was misquoted. He actually meant "Well find that guy through the draft or unrestricted free agency if that guy isnt there at this time."

Basically trading for Schneider/Bernier is option #1, if that doesn't work out then they'll go for someone like Vokoun or Harding (like you said).
As I said, I can only go by what I've seen reported. But it makes sense.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:01 PM
northernKing

I expect LA to sign Quick to an extension as soon as the CBA allows it. Likely in the 6-8 yr range for a $6-7M cap hit. I also see LA only moving Bernier if offered a great deal. Something along the lines of a Brett Connolly or TB's two first rounders (with LA adding a d prospect)

northernKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
I expect LA to sign Quick to an extension as soon as the CBA allows it. Likely in the 6-8 yr range for a $6-7M cap hit. I also see LA only moving Bernier if offered a great deal. Something along the lines of a Brett Connolly or TB's two first rounders (with LA adding a d prospect)
I agree with u on the extension soon after the cba lets them. Where i disagree is the lenght of contract. I think 5 years max. As amazing as hes played we don't want to run into lougno or Rick DiPietro situation. 5 years would also put him the year after kopitar hits his next free agentcy I think hes also going to get less money then kopi at 6.8 and more then richards 5.8 so 6.4ish millon maybe

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:54 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

He will be moved next summer or at the deadline next year as long as Quick signs. He will not be moved this summer unless its for a player they cant pass up like Kane. And thats only if they miss out on Parise.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
He will be moved next summer or at the deadline next year as long as Quick signs. He will not be moved this summer unless its for a player they cant pass up like Kane. And thats only if they miss out on Parise.
thats your opinion but the kings dont have any picks in this draft till the 4th round they also need a young top end winger So if kane is there yeah but i think tampa for connelly and picks makes sence to me I think we will be fine with martin jones backing up quick. Its only 20 ish games max.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Hackeybuff*

I say hes not ready yet. If the Bolts want to take him as a project they will still have to pay the kings. He was an 11th overall and still young. He wont be cheap

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Hackeybuff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
*cough* Dubnyk *cough*

Schneider is unavail. Take bernier if you can. If not, sign Vokoun I heard hes cloning himself because every team seems to think they are just going to sign him for cheap.

If not then try Harding he is a poor mans mike smith but we know how he worked out.

I would honestly try to get Bernier for Connolly and Detriots 1st.

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:01 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
thats your opinion but the kings dont have any picks in this draft till the 4th round they also need a young top end winger So if kane is there yeah but i think tampa for connelly and picks makes sence to me I think we will be fine with martin jones backing up quick. Its only 20 ish games max.

While I agree Connolly would be a great addition to the organization, there is currently no place for him on the team. LA already has a young top end winger in their system in Toffoli.

Bernier only gets traded for a established first line player in a package deal or for something like Connolly after Quick is signed. Any other move would be dumb.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
While I agree Connolly would be a great addition to the organization, there is currently no place for him on the team. LA already has a young top end winger in their system in Toffoli.

Bernier only gets traded for a established first line player in a package deal or for something like Connolly after Quick is signed. Any other move would be dumb.
He would look great on the 3rd line next year and then up maybe on top line when /if injuries occur. As far as toffoli hes at least a year or two away no need to rush him then. Take the further along guy myself. Also we need a pick for sure in this years top 90 to get a lw wing with some top end potential We get the top 10 pick we may be able to trade up and get forsberg who in my opinion would be the winger we need.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:37 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
He would look great on the 3rd line next year and then up maybe on top line when /if injuries occur. As far as toffoli hes at least a year or two away no need to rush him then. Take the further along guy myself. Also we need a pick for sure in this years top 90 to get a lw wing with some top end potential We get the top 10 pick we may be able to trade up and get forsberg who in my opinion would be the winger we need.
I understand what you are trying to say. It would be awesome if that happened but it's not.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:24 AM
IdealisticSniper

Lol at what kings fans expect to get for Bernier. Both tb firsts, Connolly and a first hahaha.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:29 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Lol at what kings fans expect to get for Bernier. Both tb firsts, Connolly and a first hahaha.
i think u need to reread post 8 it clearly states other pieces going back to tb

Last edited by KingCanadain1976: 06-04-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old
06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Lol at people who expect to get bernier for something of little significance.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:44 AM
KingLB

Quote:
The Kings will have the 29th pick in the draft, no matter if they win or lose.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:15 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Lol at people who expect to get bernier for something of little significance.
I don't get it. James Reimer has put up a .911SV% in 71 NHL games. Johnathan Bernier has put up a .910SV% in 48 NHL games. But if I proposed Reimer for Brett Connolly and the 19th overall, I'd get flamed to hell and back. Add in the fact that Los Angeles actually knows how to play defense and it's even more confusing. So, honest question, what's the hype around Bernier about? Because he was an 11th overall pick?

Last edited by 7even: 06-04-2012 at 03:27 AM.
7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I don't get it. James Reimer has put up a .911SV% in 71 NHL games. Johnathan Bernier has put up a .910SV% in 48 NHL games. But if I proposed Reimer for Brett Connolly and the 19th overall, I'd get flamed to hell and back. Add in the fact that Los Angeles actually knows how to play defense and it's even more confusing. So, honest question, what's the hype around Bernier about? Because he was an 11th overall pick?
perceived upside?

i've never been impressed with reimer, half the time he doesn't look like he's tracking the puck properly. stats don't always tell the entire story

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:46 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
just so u know hes already signed next year. The resigning would be a extention onto his contract so the 3.05 million is correct for next year.
Quick is scheduled to be a UFA after next year. If you think he will not immediately get a long term extension at the earliest possible chance you are crazy.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:13 AM
HoseEmDown

If LA is expecting Connolly + Det 1st then Muzzin/Forbert will be coming back.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
The Kings will have the 29th pick in the draft, no matter if they win or lose.
They traded that pick to Columbus so no they wont.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
They traded that pick to Columbus so no they wont.
It's for this year or next years 1st and I'm sure Columbus will take next years.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote