HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2012, 09:15 AM
  #451
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I bet a lot of you old "real fans" came along during the cup run in 94,or when Messier,Gretzky or Jagr came?
How on earth should Rangers become my favorite team, a town or even a country I never visited.
If it was not for Zuke,I would never paid the team some extra attencion.
But you know,by those two years he has been there,I have followed and learned to know all the other players to,and become a fan. So now I will root for The Rangers with or without Zuke.
If you are not from New York,why did you pick The rangers as your favorite team?
I used to live in Manhattan (went to my first games in the 60's in the old Garden) as a child and later wound up working there too. Got to know several players in the beginning of the 90s, two of which I spent time with together in the Swedish Army in the 80's. I also lived in Norway btw

BBKers is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:15 AM
  #452
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
MZA was a potential suitor for the Leafs a season ago, but the Rags won the bidding with the Leafs.

At any rate, I haven't seen much of MZA play, but he probably thinks of himself as a potential top 6 player and on a team like the Rags he probably wasn't going to bump any of the other guys out of the top 6.

How was he as a bottom 6 player? He's probably a shoe-in as a top 6 in the KHL.

He should have looked at walking into a situation like Columbus, maybe the NYI or a lesser team where he would have gotten a much more solid look, and time to develop his game more.
NYR, Rangers, or GTFO.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:23 AM
  #453
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,576
vCash: 500
Jarkko Immonen reincarnated a decade later

Anthony Mauro is online now  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:37 AM
  #454
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post
He'll also be good enough to play for a norwegian national team that does better than USA in international tournaments, despite having zero NHL players.
With this and your last few post in this tread,you are just acting childish. Giving the other ones who like it in kindergarden,a reason to dislike Zuke,and norwegian fans.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
  #455
mac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
I still say trade Zuc to the Ducks for Schultz it’s a great fit all around.

Zuc wants to play in the NHL and Schultz might sign with the Rangers

mac is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:56 AM
  #456
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
MZA was a potential suitor for the Leafs a season ago, but the Rags won the bidding with the Leafs.

At any rate, I haven't seen much of MZA play, but he probably thinks of himself as a potential top 6 player and on a team like the Rags he probably wasn't going to bump any of the other guys out of the top 6.

How was he as a bottom 6 player? He's probably a shoe-in as a top 6 in the KHL.

He should have looked at walking into a situation like Columbus, maybe the NYI or a lesser team where he would have gotten a much more solid look, and time to develop his game more.
Hey
Even I who is Norwegian,knows that you can`t go in here and call them by that name.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:58 AM
  #457
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I used to live in Manhattan (went to my first games in the 60's in the old Garden) as a child and later wound up working there too. Got to know several players in the beginning of the 90s, two of which I spent time with together in the Swedish Army in the 80's. I also lived in Norway btw
Then it makes a lot of sense that you are a true Ranger fan.
But people who has groving up in other states or countrys,need other reasons to root for The Rangers,no?

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 10:30 AM
  #458
Fleury4ever
Registered User
 
Fleury4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Well sure but his size would also be liability. On a team that's not overly big.

The obsession with him was ridiculous.
Seconded, the Zuccarello obsession is finally over.

Fleury4ever is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 10:52 AM
  #459
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,240
vCash: 50
I liked him. There was a lot of hype when he came here and he put up a decent amount of points considering the small amount of chances he was given to play. He'll improve in the KHL with well deserved ice time and either another team will pick him up for some scoring depth on the bottom 6. Or the Islanders get him and play him on the first line where he nets 70 points a season and murders us every game. Either way, it was fun while it lasted and now this team can move forward.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 11:28 AM
  #460
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Congratulations to MZA for solidifying himself among Rangers greats like Ortmeyer and Prucha. Guess we'll be hearing about him for the next 5 years.

beastly115 is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 11:46 AM
  #461
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
When he signed with NYR I know for a fact that he had offers from 4 NHL clubs incl. Detroit but I guess the lure of New York and the Garden was the pushing point...

If he regrets it, only he can tell but I feel he feel's that he's overlooked near the end and deserved better..

I bet he knows about Gabby but if that's enough to Get him that QO he wants...only time will tell..,

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
  #462
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 826
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
When he signed with NYR I know for a fact that he had offers from 4 NHL clubs incl. Detroit but I guess the lure of New York and the Garden was the pushing point...

If he regrets it, only he can tell but I feel he feel's that he's overlooked near the end and deserved better..

I bet he knows about Gabby but if that's enough to Get him that QO he wants...only time will tell..,
Is the situation now that he could still get a QO and accept it and stay in NY? Or they could trade him and he won't go to Russia?

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
  #463
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,907
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
Is the situation now that he could still get a QO and accept it and stay in NY? Or they could trade him and he won't go to Russia?
They (NYR) can offer him a deal (QO), and keep those rights themselves or trade his rights to another NHL club.
He can still go to Russia though, but would not be able to play in the NHL for the next two years if he decides to do so.
If NYR do not qualify him my understanding is that he can sign with any other NHL club and NYR will not be compensated (hence lose his rights).
So technically he could end up playing in NHL next year as his contract with whatstheirname in KHL is reported to have a NHL out clause

Hellion is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 04:06 PM
  #464
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 826
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
They (NYR) can offer him a deal (QO), and keep those rights themselves or trade his rights to another NHL club.
He can still go to Russia though, but would not be able to play in the NHL for the next two years if he decides to do so.
If NYR do not qualify him my understanding is that he can sign with any other NHL club and NYR will not be compensated (hence lose his rights).
So technically he could end up playing in NHL next year as his contract with whatstheirname in KHL is reported to have a NHL out clause
Oh. That's interesting. It's just a big chess game: They will obviously qualify him to keep his rights, but need to chip him into a trade to get any value for him as he clearly stated that he wan't stay for a two-way contract. So he'll end up in the NHL somewhere. Otherwise they will get nothing. Can't really see him returning to the NHL ever if he ends up in the Metallurg, regardless of his success. He'll still be an undersized defensive liability in their eyes (not that he is IMO), and how can he prove that wrong in the KHL?

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
  #465
Placid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
When he signed with NYR I know for a fact that he had offers from 4 NHL clubs incl. Detroit..
At least 4, his agent said 5-6 (but he has never been very good at counting i suspect, hehe). Detroit was one of them, yes, i believe Toronto was mentioned as well. Doesnt make much of a difference now who they were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
..but I guess the lure of New York and the Garden was the pushing point...
He asked his teammates for advice (Niklas Sundström, Markus Näslund and Peter Forsberg), and they recommended the Rangers. That certainly influenced his decision.

Placid is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 05:16 AM
  #466
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
We finally got rid of this kid, thank god.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-03-2012, 06:24 AM
  #467
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Then it makes a lot of sense that you are a true Ranger fan.
But people who has groving up in other states or countrys,need other reasons to root for The Rangers,no?
I'm from NJ. Got into hockey after the 80 olympics. The devils didn't exist yet. There was only the Rangers and isles, and the Rangers were the underdogs at the time. I didn't know much about their history. Then they hired Herb Brooks. I've been a fan ever since.

GAGLine is online now  
Old
06-04-2012, 03:02 AM
  #468
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I'm from NJ. Got into hockey after the 80 olympics. The devils didn't exist yet. There was only the Rangers and isles, and the Rangers were the underdogs at the time. I didn't know much about their history. Then they hired Herb Brooks. I've been a fan ever since.
Exactely what I`m thinking of. If your not born in Ranger Land,you need another reason to become a true fan. And your reason was your hero from the Miracle on Ice. Very understandable.
For a few posters in here it seems like following Zuke is not a valid reason to become a fan.
But now,when I got to "know" and followed the other players on the team,I don`t need Zuke to root for them anymoore.
Sure,it would have been even nice`r if he was a sucsessfull part of the team, but he did not fit in.
It`s best for both parts to move on in separate directions.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:42 AM
  #469
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
It's not the name on the back of the shirt that matters, it's the name in the front..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:52 AM
  #470
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 826
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
It's not the name on the back of the shirt that matters, it's the name in the front..
But if it's got the picture of a whale on it? No disrespect.

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 03:54 PM
  #471
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay

Not happening RT @jeffu822: @stevezipay he is saying offer a QO to retain his NHL rights

Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay

Zuke has signed with KHL/Mettalurg RT @glennsoe: @stevezipay Is there a chance Rangers gives a QO to zuke to gain his NHL rights?
saw this earlier, thought some would be interested in this....not sure if this is just zipay's opinion or factual from what he's heard from the team

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:23 PM
  #472
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,462
vCash: 500
It's ridiculous to see people happy he's gone. Let's get more John Mitchells instead of offensively talented prospects!

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
  #473
Legend23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It's ridiculous to see people happy he's gone. Let's get more John Mitchells instead of offensively talented prospects!
Who said anyone wants more John Mitchell's but the fact is Zuc is not a top 6 everyday forward in the NYR system and I dont think with his body type would make it through a whole season and playoffs without getting hurt every year. This guy has been propped up by a select group of fans. You would think this guy was the second coming with all the talk he gets. Good riddance. By the way i am half Norwegien but dont give a crap where he comes from. I'll take a jamaican player if he is going to help us win.

Legend23 is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
  #474
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It's ridiculous to see people happy he's gone. Let's get more John Mitchells instead of offensively talented prospects!
I can only speak for myself, but Im only happy because he won't be spoken about much anymore. I mean, seriously, I've never seen so many posts dedicated to a guy that would never have what it takes to be a consistent top 6 NHL player. Theres really nothing sadder than a group of fans whining about a guy "getting the shaft" when the tools and/or physical attributes just aren't there to begin with.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:35 PM
  #475
Hensch
Registered User
 
Hensch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It's ridiculous to see people happy he's gone. Let's get more John Mitchells instead of offensively talented prospects!
I'm shocked people are actually excited to see him leave, that's sad...

More John Mitchells please!

Hensch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.