HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Mock Expansion draft.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2012, 01:35 PM
  #1
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Mock Expansion draft.

Anyone know if the lists are available ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:44 AM
  #2
HabsIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
They aren't and the league has said they won't announce each teams protected list. I don't really know why they wouldn't

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:55 AM
  #3
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIslesFan View Post
They aren't and the league has said they won't announce each teams protected list. I don't really know why they wouldn't
I guess it's to protect the egos of 16 year olds who would find out that their team didn't think of them as protection worthy. At the end of the day these are still kids.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:10 AM
  #4
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!
 
Taoiseach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIslesFan View Post
They aren't and the league has said they won't announce each teams protected list. I don't really know why they wouldn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
I guess it's to protect the egos of 16 year olds who would find out that their team didn't think of them as protection worthy. At the end of the day these are still kids.
That's exactly it. I guess a lot of people weren't too happy after they publicised the lists before the Saint John/St. John's expansion draft.

The thinking is that if you're not chosen, there's no need to know that you weren't protected.

As for lists though, part of Victoriaville's was leaked a little while ago. There's nothing surprising in it though - they are protecting all of their twenty-year-olds though.

Also, JF Plante and Luc Chenier seem pretty sure that we're not losing anyone in the expansion draft. I guess they don't like anyone enough to waste a contract spot. I can't remember what the roster limit is, but they likely won't use all of their expansion draft picks, given that they have two more drafts this summer.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:00 PM
  #5
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
That's exactly it. I guess a lot of people weren't too happy after they publicised the lists before the Saint John/St. John's expansion draft.

The thinking is that if you're not chosen, there's no need to know that you weren't protected.

As for lists though, part of Victoriaville's was leaked a little while ago. There's nothing surprising in it though - they are protecting all of their twenty-year-olds though.

Also, JF Plante and Luc Chenier seem pretty sure that we're not losing anyone in the expansion draft. I guess they don't like anyone enough to waste a contract spot. I can't remember what the roster limit is, but they likely won't use all of their expansion draft picks, given that they have two more drafts this summer.
From what I have read, Sherbrooke has already made a couple of deals behind the scene.

My guess is that they have already traded a bunch of their midget picks.

They'll likely only select 4 or 5 midget kids and 1 euro.

So they'll be picking a lot of players in the expansion draft + acquiring a bunch of guys like LeSieur, Comtois, Laflamme via trades.

They'll probably end up with more than 25 Q level guys in training camp... that's great for internal competition.

If they can attract a quality euro with their 1st overall pick in the CHL import draft, my guess is Sherbrooke will ice a very good team as soon as next season.

Audette - A.Comtois - EURO
Laflamme - McNamee - LeSieur
T.Comtois - Verret - Turnbull

Bernier-EURO
Archambault-Werthner
Beaudry

Gervais-Chouinard

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 08:55 AM
  #6
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,641
vCash: 500
Simon Desbiens also acquired by the Phoenix from Chicoutimi.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:23 AM
  #7
howitzermoose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Simon Desbiens also acquired by the Phoenix from Chicoutimi.
Interesting. He was a 1st rd pick last year, 10th overall. Wonder what's going the other way.

howitzermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:42 PM
  #8
kyle44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
3rd round pick...

kyle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
  #9
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Simon Desbiens also acquired by the Phoenix from Chicoutimi.
Link..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM
  #10
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Link..
Everyone is reporting it on twitter

Desbiens for a 3rd

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.