Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion

Old
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
I think they'll move the 3rd to the homes, and make a new away sometime soon. The 3rds are marketed to much it's not a farfetched idea.

Anyone think they'll bring back a variation of the old Mighty Ducks jerseys in time for 2013-2014 (20th Anniversary)?
I can only hope not. Those things are hideous.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post

Anyone think they'll bring back a variation of the old Mighty Ducks jerseys in time for 2013-2014 (20th Anniversary)?
I sure hope so and am counting on it. Those white ones were one of the best jerseys in NHL history. I really want them to use the old logo again after all that one defines us as a team. You think 50 years from now when people think about the Ducks they will think about the webbed D?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

If we have it for 50 years of a 70 year history they will.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:31 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
If we have it for 50 years of a 70 year history they will.
Pretty much

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Disgruntled Goat

I'll never understand why we can't just use these...

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
James Franco

Something I cooked up on photoshop. What do you think?
Home:

Away:

Last edited by James Franco: 06-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:38 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Puke. I mean not that it's gross but the green looks like puke

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
James Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Puke. I mean not that it's gross but the green looks like puke
Hmm, I have never had puke the color green

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I have a feeling we'll be getting new uniforms in a couple years. We've more or less had the same design since the overhaul was done, and before then we had the exact same design. Compare that to all the teams that've made a change since the RBK edge overhaul, which is 8(not including Winnipeg for obvious reasons), that's quite a few(also two more who changed one of their home and away, but not both). My guess is that the wordmark goes, and with Burke not around probably the gold in favor of orange(webbed D could go too in favor of the old logo, but we'll see). I'm no photoshop artist, but I've painted some concepts in the past that don't look half bad, basically a traditional look with the black and orange.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

If a remake is in the works here's my two cents worth:

No orange. You have to either be the Flyers or it has to be Halloween to pull that off. The orange in the current third jersey is awful.

Do not go back to that silly cartoon character duck face. People complain constantly about the lack of respect the team got when new. Well, maybe if Disney hadn't used the team as a marketing tool for a movie none of this would have happened. Flashbacks to this era are not a positive move forward. The webbed foot could definitely be improved, but not with a silly cartoon character face.

The old school look of the third jerseys from 04(?) are more what is needed. The Anaheim script was very sharp. Home could say Ducks, road could say Anaheim. No need for a mascot of any kind on the jersey.

I'm all for keeping the Power Players (who isn't? ), but if Wild Wing were replaced I wouldn't shed a tear. He's another constant reminder of the Disney fiasco of not respecting the game or team.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
If a remake is in the works here's my two cents worth:

No orange. You have to either be the Flyers or it has to be Halloween to pull that off. The orange in the current third jersey is awful.

Do not go back to that silly cartoon character duck face. People complain constantly about the lack of respect the team got when new. Well, maybe if Disney hadn't used the team as a marketing tool for a movie none of this would have happened. Flashbacks to this era are not a positive move forward. The webbed foot could definitely be improved, but not with a silly cartoon character face.

The old school look of the third jerseys from 04(?) are more what is needed. The Anaheim script was very sharp. Home could say Ducks, road could say Anaheim. No need for a mascot of any kind on the jersey.

I'm all for keeping the Power Players (who isn't? ), but if Wild Wing were replaced I wouldn't shed a tear. He's another constant reminder of the Disney fiasco of not respecting the game or team.
1.There will 100% be orange. Burke originally wanted black and gold, and ownership wanted to get the orange in there. And since, more orange has crept in(more orange official team merchandise, third jersey, etc.). If we get a new design, orange is sure to be a staple.

As for the Flyers thing, there are few color schemes left, so unless you want to rock kelly green or purple, or the old school colors(clearly you don't), there isn't a lot to pick from. Hell, black and gold(Boston, Pittsburgh) is a better example of copying than the Flyers. You can use the same colors, but make a scheme to make it your own. The Flyers have orange and black, so you do black and orange and make it your own.

2.God no. Dallas does that(no logo, just the word mark) and it's horribly boring. A hockey sweater needs a logo, and whether it's the web-footed D, Wild Wing or something else, we need one.

Also disagree with the getting rid of every Disney reference. We're past that, most look at the Wild Wing logo fondly now(it actually is a pretty sweet logo), and the Disney era is long forgotten. We've carved our own destiny, we're not the Disney team anymore, and using that logo and keeping Wild Wing as our mascot won't bring down the franchise's credibility down one iota. We're not the only Anaheim based team to have a Disney movie attached to it, and no one thinks like that anymore. But, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
1.There will 100% be orange. Burke originally wanted black and gold, and ownership wanted to get the orange in there. And since, more orange has crept in(more orange official team merchandise, third jersey, etc.). If we get a new design, orange is sure to be a staple.

As for the Flyers thing, there are few color schemes left, so unless you want to rock kelly green or purple, or the old school colors(clearly you don't), there isn't a lot to pick from. Hell, black and gold(Boston, Pittsburgh) is a better example of copying than the Flyers. You can use the same colors, but make a scheme to make it your own. The Flyers have orange and black, so you do black and orange and make it your own.

2.God no. Dallas does that(no logo, just the word mark) and it's horribly boring. A hockey sweater needs a logo, and whether it's the web-footed D, Wild Wing or something else, we need one.

Also disagree with the getting rid of every Disney reference. We're past that, most look at the Wild Wing logo fondly now(it actually is a pretty sweet logo), and the Disney era is long forgotten. We've carved our own destiny, we're not the Disney team anymore, and using that logo and keeping Wild Wing as our mascot won't bring down the franchise's credibility down one iota. We're not the only Anaheim based team to have a Disney movie attached to it, and no one thinks like that anymore. But, everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Well, at least you didn't disagree with me on the Power Players.

My issue with orange isn't that the Flyers use it, it's that it doesn't look good unless you are the Flyers.

Of course the orange doesn't look too bad here:

Old
06-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Sirquacksalot
Magic

Quote:
Humangousbigpic.jpg
Were you referencing that you think they look nice or that they all have spray tans?

Sirquacksalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Well, at least you didn't disagree with me on the Power Players.

My issue with orange isn't that the Flyers use it, it's that it doesn't look good unless you are the Flyers.

Oh, yeah I can see how people would say that, although orange is my favorite color so I don't at all(but I'm very biased). The Yorkton Terriers, a SJHL team in Canada, actually used both our 03-06 thirds and 06-07 home and aways with the black and orange, to mixed results. The 03-06 third one looked absolutely awesome, while the other one was ok, but I wasn't a huge fan.

Here's the first one I was talking about. A bit hard to see, and absolutely ridiculous logo, but I really liked it:

Old
06-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Elvs

Bringing back the Mighty Ducks logo doesn't make the organization a Mickey Mouse Club anymore. Although, I'm not so sure I'd like that logo in any other color than teal.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:00 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post

I'll never understand why we can't just use these...
Because it would make sense... And actually look like a hockey jersey... lol.

The old third looks a little bare with no "mighty ducks on it"... But damn ....all three of those are 10000 times better than the Ducks current jerseys!!!!

The team needs a logo not a ducks foot.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:15 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
I like the second one, but I think the white cuffs on the first are too busy.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
Were you referencing that you think they look nice or that they all have spray tans?
Both?

Old
06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Oh, yeah I can see how people would say that, although orange is my favorite color so I don't at all(but I'm very biased). The Yorkton Terriers, a SJHL team in Canada, actually used both our 03-06 thirds and 06-07 home and aways with the black and orange, to mixed results. The 03-06 third one looked absolutely awesome, while the other one was ok, but I wasn't a huge fan.

Here's the first one I was talking about. A bit hard to see, and absolutely ridiculous logo, but I really liked it:

I'll give you that you're local team in orange looks way better than anything the Ducks have done but I'm still not sold that orange can be made to look good. Much more chance for disaster than good style, IMO of course.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

spray tan in Sol Cal really ?

DuckshaveaRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:05 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanCat View Post
The team needs a logo not a ducks foot.
I don't see what's wrong with the current D? To me it's similar to how the Angels have a A with a halo around it, then again I like both of those logos.

I'd like to see mock alternative logos for a team that is called Anaheim Ducks, I think the current one is one of the better efforts you could have. Maybe we could go back to a modified Mighty Ducks logo, but I reckon one with the current colours would look weird.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
spray tan in Sol Cal really ?
Believe it or not, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I don't see what's wrong with the current D? To me it's similar to how the Angels have a A with a halo around it, then again I like both of those logos.

I'd like to see mock alternative logos for a team that is called Anaheim Ducks, I think the current one is one of the better efforts you could have. Maybe we could go back to a modified Mighty Ducks logo, but I reckon one with the current colours would look weird.
The Angels have had a halo around the A or some variation on it for most of their whole existence of over 50 years now. For years, the scoreboard in the parking lot was a huge A (that could be seen up and down the 57 freeway) with a halo that would shine at night when they won. That's tradition, and I like it.

If the Ducks insist on a mascot/logo it needs to be better than a duck face whose sole purpose was to sell Disney movies. That's not a history to be proud of. Can we please move on from that?

Old
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
The Angels have had a halo around the A or some variation on it for most of their whole existence of over 50 years now. For years, the scoreboard in the parking lot was a huge A (that could be seen up and down the 57 freeway) with a halo that would shine at night when they won. That's tradition, and I like it.

If the Ducks insist on a mascot/logo it needs to be better than a duck face whose sole purpose was to sell Disney movies. That's not a history to be proud of. Can we please move on from that?
I wasn't even referring to the Mighty Ducks logo? I don't particularly want it back as a main, but maybe as a shoulder patch for example like we currently have, I don't even see a lot wrong with the current logo.

I am also well aware of the tradition behind the A , it would be cool for the Ducks to have a similar tradition, but we haven't, and doubt we will.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I wasn't even referring to the Mighty Ducks logo? I don't particularly want it back as a main, but maybe as a shoulder patch for example like we currently have, I don't even see a lot wrong with the current logo.

I am also well aware of the tradition behind the A , it would be cool for the Ducks to have a similar tradition, but we haven't, and doubt we will.
The Angels A is a classic logo... And works two fold... For both Anaheim and the team name... Angels.

The webbed D duck foot is simply a badly designed logo, and really isn't even a logo, IMO. Photoshoppers on HF could whipp up better logos than that.

A lot of teams are embracing vintage logos... Yeah we were the might ducks as recent as 2006... but it's at least a good logo.

And seriously, Eddie Shack... What do you have against the mighty ducks movies? I loved those movies when I was a kid... If anything the movies helped the team more than the team helped the movies.

What other teams have three movies sort of about their team? Including appearances from Adam Oates, Paul Kariya, Chris Chelios and the Great One!!!???

The movies sure aren't hockey's Ben Hur... But they are pretty epic, and pretty funny movies.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for Samuelli to use the mighty ducks logo, and bring back the old jerseys?

Personally, the only current jersey I think is worth keeping is the away whites.

I think we could have a bad ass black/orange home jersey with the mighty duck logo...

The white mighty ducks jersey is basically perfect as is... But works great as white with orange and black accents, instead of teal/eggplant.

And bring back the old thirds which everyone seemed to like... But which no one seems to wear to games.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

???

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote