HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBJ Offseason Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 11:59 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
If let's say Josh Harding is the guy that they're targeting, then Howson should trade for his rights. It would make a big statement in Harding's camp. Again, that is if he is the guy they want. Unless Howson has something big up his sleeve and will be acquiring a known entity in goal...NOT.
With the two moves today, Sanford signing in Russia and Vokoun with Pittsburgh, the chances the Nash deal returns a goalie, maybe not the centerpiece, but returns, have gone up substantially.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
With the two moves today, Sanford signing in Russia and Vokoun with Pittsburgh, the chances the Nash deal returns a goalie, maybe not the centerpiece, but returns, have gone up substantially.
not sure how...there are still some options out there in FA...going with Harding and Clemmenson is possible... (say at 3m, 3.5m and 1.0m respectively per) Mase to AHL and move along...

Old
06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Wow, Sanford as well. Fun, fun.

I don't think this implies anything on the goalie front on the Nash trade.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:14 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
not sure how...there are still some options out there in FA...going with Harding and Clemmenson is possible... (say at 3m, 3.5m and 1.0m respectively per) Mase to AHL and move along...
Sure, it is possible in the way that Lloyd Christmas has a "chance". But, the only realistic way this team gets 2 goalies is if one is via trade. Harding and Clemmensen are two of the top 5 UFA goalies and the chances to land both of them in free agency when teams like Toronto, Tampa, Florida and Chicago also are likely in the market for goaltending (to name a few) are decidedly low. I can't imagine getting two UFA goalies to volunteer to come to the team that finished 30th. Getting one would be an accomplishment.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Sure, it is possible in the way that Lloyd Christmas has a "chance". But, the only realistic way this team gets 2 goalies is if one is via trade. Harding and Clemmensen are two of the top 5 UFA goalies and the chances to land both of them in free agency when teams like Toronto, Tampa, Florida and Chicago also are likely in the market for goaltending (to name a few) are decidedly low. I can't imagine getting two UFA goalies to volunteer to come to the team that finished 30th. Getting one would be an accomplishment.
maybe i'm "out there" or something...but Chicago is probably standing pat, they resigned Emery and they are kinda stuck on Crawford right now...Florida will be going with Theodore and Markstrom I believe...which leaves, us, Toronto, and Tampa ( the latter I see as the ones getting Luango)

so Toronto and Us are left for Harding, Clemmenson, Montoya etc...slim pickings, so nabbing 2 of the 3 top 5 for a decent rate isn't really a stretch to me...

Old
06-04-2012, 01:05 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
maybe i'm "out there" or something...but Chicago is probably standing pat, they resigned Emery and they are kinda stuck on Crawford right now...Florida will be going with Theodore and Markstrom I believe...which leaves, us, Toronto, and Tampa ( the latter I see as the ones getting Luango)

so Toronto and Us are left for Harding, Clemmenson, Montoya etc...slim pickings, so nabbing 2 of the 3 top 5 for a decent rate isn't really a stretch to me...
Let's see, who else did I leave out...

Rumors are that Philly would like an upgrade over Bobrovsky in case Bryzgalov starts talking about the planets again.

The Rangers will have to either re-sign Biron or another backup for Lundqvist.

The Devils have 2 UFAs in Hedberg and Brodeur...neither one is a spring chicken. Clearly Brodeur comes back, but Hedberg is no guaranty.

Having shipped off Vokoun, the Caps have to decide if they really want to rely on Neuvirth and Holtby or if Neuvirth should be shipped out in favor of a veteran goaltender if Holtby struggles.

Dallas will need a backup goalie.

The Islanders likely still need a solid backup given DiPietro's recurring issues.

The Jets may be in the market for a backup.

So, again, the idea that there is enough supply for this team to address its needs sufficiently through free agency alone would seem to be overly optimistic.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
650X2

I honestly don't care about goalie next season. We are in the start of a rebuild I am fine with York and Mason next season.

Id rather not make the playoffs big time rather than just miss them. Mason insures this for us.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

The 1,000 post limit has been reached. Someone may start a new thread.

Closed Thread