HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part III) - Is it TC yet?!

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Hank should win the Vezina, but Quick is in line to win the Conn Smythe...the most important individual trophy of them all.
Yeah, only Kopitar can steal it from Quick.

I would be ecstatic if Hank wins Vezina. Would make me better for the rest of the offseason for sure.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
94now

vCash: 500
I am sorry, but I just can't make any sense of Radulov discussion here. It appears that arguments are being made about missing piece on offense. It is not about missing piece!!!
Can we get through season without addition of true top 6 forward? I don't think so. With Gaborik out for paractically all next season, we are not making the palyoffs without EQUAL replacement. Kreider is not going to be one as he will go through Torts grinding school. We got nothing in the farm ready to produce. Radulov-Schmadulov... We need someone to score, don't we?. That someone will cost cap space and prospects. There is no way the argument 'We need none!" can be apply. We have an emergency.
So discussion should be directed as if not Radulov, then WHO?
Please help me out here...

Old
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I am sorry, but I just can't make any sense of Radulov discussion here. It appears that arguments are being made about missing piece on offense. It is not about missing piece!!!
Can we get through season without addition of true top 6 forward? I don't think so. With Gaborik out for paractically all next season, we are not making the palyoffs without EQUAL replacement. Kreider is not going to be one as he will go through Torts grinding school. We got nothing in the farm ready to produce. Radulov-Schmadulov... We need someone to score, don't we?. That someone will cost cap space and prospects. There is no way the argument 'We need none!" can be apply. We have an emergency.
Are you drunk? None of that made any sense.

By the way gaborik could be back in november, that is not "all of next season."

Old
06-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:

Old
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
We have 3/4 of the season to find out who. The team doesn't have to be 100% set going into training camp. Sure, we know we need more scoring, and hopefully some kind of move is made over the summer. But regardless, the organization will always be ready to make a move when the option presents itself.

Old
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
The point is they made a trade to address a problem. Same problem as us.

And they had Richards and were still at the bottom of scoring. They had tremendous defense all season, but that still had the Kings in 13th place in the West. The whole team came out of the scoring funk at the same time, but it happened at the deadline. They lit a fire under Brown with trade talk, got Carter and the team woke up. Can you not connect the dots to the GM making a hard decision, seeing an opportunity, making a move and team getting back on track?

Carter wasn't the fix all, but Lombardi made a championship calibre move and we stood pat. NY and LA both needed help scoring. He got it, we stood pat. It's not a coincidence they are still playing.

I don't mind people advocating a pass on Carter, but it never ends. An impact move is necessary to get over the hump. They aren't winning the cup otherwise. No to Carter. No to Nash. Ok, fine, prices are high, contracts are high. Let's get a couple of 2nd tier scorers instead. No to Radulov, he's a me guy. 70 pt potential for a prospect or a first. Nope, not interested. The better move around here, let Dubinsky come out of his funk and wait for Anisimov to become this player he has never shown any signs of becoming. Why? Because draft day we called their names? Insanity.
Might be one of the best posts made on here since I joined. Well said.

There really can't be any hard and fast rules in this... there is going to be some gamble. I'm weary, very much so, of Radulov but if the price is right (i.e. low) then he's probably worth the gamble.

Too many on here are writing him off because of the incidents surrounding him... likewise too many on here are willing to forget all too easily the various issues he's displayed.

Old
06-04-2012, 03:30 PM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Case in point. Sitting on the sidelines.

That's what LA gave up, not the set in stone demand. You're telling me a package of some mix of Erixon, Dubinsky, Anisimov, MacIlrath, Stepan, our first wouldn't be suitable. LA gave Johnson because they had enough defenseman to trade. Columbus just needed to save face and get a comparable return to their first and Voracek.

I just brought up Carter because there is always a reason for Ranger fans to shy away from the tough trade. Carter's talent commands a much higher price than what was paid, just like Radulov here. We have a chance at a bargain, at a position and skill we are severely lacking. But people worry about overblown curfew stories and the impact on 19 other solid, solid characters.
I agree with what you are saying but what if they didn't want those guys? What if they wanted McDonagh or Staal +? Johnson was an NHL player, that's what I think they wanted.

I'm going on record as being for trying to get Radulov. It's what the Rangers need. I'm also against trading Gaborik. He's part of the puzzle, not a piece to be shipped off. Rangers need to add, not move sideways.

Old
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Cmox

I dunno if anyone posted it but Zip is saying Zuke will not get a QO from the Rangers.

Old
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
As good as Parise is, Radulov fills this team's need much more. We have guys who play Parise's game, even if he does it better than them. We lack a guy who can create chances every time he has the puck, which is exactly what Radulov does. If he comes here and finds chemistry with a player or two, the sky is the limit.

Even Nash is not really the catalyst / creator that Radulov is. And at 7.8 mil and the assets Howson is asking for, there's going to be a ton of pressure on him to produce. Radulov fits the need like a glove, will cost significantly less, and will have less pressure than Nash. If the price really is as low as Brooks is speculationg, this is a no-brainer.
Radulov does not fit what this team needs more than Parise.

No body fits what this team needs more than Parise.

When has Radulov lead a team, scored 35-40 goals and 70-80 points, while being one of the best penalty killers and hardest workers in the game? In ANY league?

Radulov has proven what in the NHL?

Parise is 100x the player Radulov could dream of. And Parise isn't a low life like Radulov either.

Parise is everything this Rangers club is about. If they can get him signed, they have to. Plain and simple. They don't need to destroy team chemistry by bringing in Radulov.

They can plug a guy like Parise in and know they'll get everything out of him.

Theres no comparison.

Old
06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Has Parise made an appearance in the finals?

Old
06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Has Parise made an appearance in the finals?
Did Radulov make an appearance in any playoff game for the Predators?

Old
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Supersonic, what exactly makes him a "lowlife"? Is it something he's actually done or is it just the same baseless speculation that I've seen everywhere?

Old
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Dude hitting your coach in the face with your stick on the bench where everyone can see it because your frustrated is baseless speculation? Or does that make him a hero in some way?

His twitter nonsense. His abandoning his teams (plural) for more money.

Breaking team regulations.

Not showing up with any desire to play in the playoffs.

He's such a commendable guy. Lady Byng for him for sure...

Old
06-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

The Rangers never had a package to give for Jeff Carter comparable to what LA did. Columbus wanted an NHL defenseman for Carter. LA had Voynov sitting on the bench, which made Johnson somewhat expendable. We had no such player available to come in if we traded one of our NHL defenseman. It just wasn't a good match.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Justin Shultz, Ray Whitney, Shane Doan, Pavel Kubina are all interesting potential targets. Of course Ryan Jones is as well.

I think those guys will be on the list if Radulov fails. Look maybe to Travis Moen as a replacement for Prust/Fedotenko. Not sure if any of these guys have been re-signed yet.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
vladmyir111

We'll have Radulov I'm sure, we seem to take all the trash that has an upside. It works once in a while, if not who cares he'll go to Hartford. As long as we're not trading any top prospects for him.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Justin Shultz, Ray Whitney, Shane Doan, Pavel Kubina are all interesting potential targets. Of course Ryan Jones is as well.

I think those guys will be on the list if Radulov fails. Look maybe to Travis Moen as a replacement for Prust/Fedotenko. Not sure if any of these guys have been re-signed yet.
David Jones, Ryan Jones, Lee Stempniak, David Moss, Shane Doan are the forwards I would look at from the UFA list. All RWs, some like R Jones, play both sides. All capable of putting up 15-25 goals in the right circumstance. 3rd liners with occasional 2nd line ability.

With Gaborik's injury, I think we really need to look into this even if we do get Radulov or someone else.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well whether or not they get a RW they will have a space for Gaborik open when he comes back, of that I am sure...

Christian Thomas has still not made an impact at the pro level, don't think we will be seeing him make the team out of camp but I wouldn't put it past Casey Wellman, who is a right handed shot or maybe JT Miller, although that would be optimistic.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:22 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

When has Radulov lead a team, scored 35-40 goals and 70-80 points, while being one of the best penalty killers and hardest workers in the game? In ANY league?

Parise is 100x the player Radulov could dream of. And Parise isn't a low life like Radulov either.

Parise is everything this Rangers club is about. If they can get him signed, they have to. Plain and simple. They don't need to destroy team chemistry by bringing in Radulov.

Theres no comparison.
Has Radulov done something to you personally? Calling him a lowlife is out of bounds and is not something you nor anyone here can truly attest to.

Radulov does help this team more than Parise. We don't need help on the PK, we don't need help blocking shots, etc. We do need a creative playmaker and/or a pure goalscorer. As good as Parise is, he is not truly these two things. Put Radulov and Richards on a line with Callahan and Cally could put up similar numbers to Parise.

And why are we even still talking about Parise as an option? Does anyone actually think there's a chance of him coming here, let alone it actually happening? Ridiculous.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Dude hitting your coach in the face with your stick on the bench where everyone can see it because your frustrated is baseless speculation? Or does that make him a hero in some way?

His twitter nonsense. His abandoning his teams (plural) for more money.

Breaking team regulations.

Not showing up with any desire to play in the playoffs.

He's such a commendable guy. Lady Byng for him for sure...
The only thing you have a case with is him losing his temper with his coach, and that is what I will grant you. Everything else is garbage.

The "no desire" thing is ******** and sounds like a product of the ********* the NBC crew was spouting during Predators games.

The "abandoning" teams thing is similar ********, especially seeing as you're essentially on your knees begging Zach Parise to do the same. Tim Erixon essentially did the same thing, and so is (allegedly) Justin Schultz, and I really doubt you'd call him a lowlife if he was wearing Ranger blue next season. You're reaching really hard with the Twitter nonsense, and I wasn't aware that missing a team curfew made you a "lowlife".

You'd be better off spouting "lazy Russian" repeatedly.

Last edited by Death By BB Gun: 06-04-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old
06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

Theres no comparison.
You missed the point.

I wasnt implying Radulov is a better player than Parise.

Parise is more of the same, even though he's better than Callahan.

We need a guy who gets the puck on his stick and can create a scoring chance. Parise is not that at all. He gets the puck and he does what Callahan does, he'll chip it to the corner and then go get it, and then work a sometimes endless cycle that often doesn't even result in a shot on goal. We have enough guys who can do that. What we lack is a guy with Radulov's skill and hands. He makes things happen. That's why he's a better fit than Parise or Nash or Ryan, especially considering the asking prices for the latter two.

I fail to see how Radulov would destroy team chemistry. I have a ton of faith in the character of this team, especially the leadership core in that they would have more of a positive effect on Radulov than he would have a negative one on them.

The same things were said about Jagr. Work ethic is great. I love players like Parise and Callahan, but even Tortorella has said this team needs an injection of SKILL. We need guys who can CREATE so that the Callahans can actually bang in one-timers and rebounds,etc.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 06-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old
06-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
You missed the point.

We need a guy who gets the puck on his stick and can create a scoring chance. Parise is not that at all. He gets the puck and he does what Callahan does, he'll chip it to the corner and then go get it, and then work a sometimes endless cycle that often doesn't even result in a shot on goal. We have enough guys who can do that. What we lack is a guy with Radulov's skill and hands. He makes things happen. That's why he's a better fit than Parise or Nash or Ryan, especially considering the asking prices for the latter two.
Have you watched Parise play on a regular basis? He is a creative little player - hes scored 40 goals in this league - been a PPG player.

Radulov, for all his upside, has yet to prove a damn thing at the NHL level. So, just because he can dangle a little bit, dont be fooled into saying hes a better offensive player than Parise, Nash, or Ryan - because thats ridiculous.

The only reason I advocate looking into this is because he's likely to come far, far cheaper than those other players.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:33 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
You missed the point.

This guy gets it.

Parise is redundant. We need creativity.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

And why are we even still talking about Parise as an option? Does anyone actually think there's a chance of him coming here, let alone it actually happening? Ridiculous.
Has Parise signed elsewhere? No? Then of course there's a chance. Not saying how great the odds are, but it's certainly at least 1 in 30.

Old
06-04-2012, 04:35 PM
nevesis

Dude is ****ing sick, and his celly's are the best...haha

Closed Thread