Tim Thomas may take the year off? Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
cat400

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Good God is that a terrible article, post or whatever they want to call it. Just a stream of nonsensical BS, written incoherently.
You don't have to wonder why the newspaper business is dying a slow death.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
JiriSlegr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
No Link. Give it a few days though.. I am sure someone will pick up on it, if they haven't already.

I heard it from one of the Bruins PR folks i have a professional relationship with.

Look at the facts.

-Tim's family is from Flint.
- He moved his parents to the Boston area a few years ago for medical reasons
-Thomas' "family" moved to Colorado in the middle of last season, while he remained in Boston
-Now Tim is going to Colorado, where he has no known ties, other than he was drafted by the Nordiques... to concentrate on his "familial relationships"

I am no mathematician, but i can add up 2 and 2...
we'll see. the links to sites talking about impending economic collapse don't support this theory.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:31 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
Apparently Thomas has "unfriended" the Bruins on facebook....
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/o..._year_off.html

If that doesn't make it "official" I don't know what does, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Good God is that a terrible article, post or whatever they want to call it. Just a stream of nonsensical BS, written incoherently.

Funny, I thought it was the best written article on the whole situation. This one's black and white and everything inbetween.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:42 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Man, does anyone get it more then he does?

When Thomas wins the Vezina Trophy, this will look like a bargain deal.

I don't get some of the hateful comments on this thread. Is loyalty to a player who's earned the right to be paid as one of the best at his position in return for three-plus outstanding years as a starter not something people value anymore?

I just can't believe I'm reading the comments about Rask being up in arms and how the Bruins are doooooooooooooomed by re-signing the guy who has consistently given the team the best chance of winning since 2006. Yeah, I get the concerns about the cap and all that, but the folks who are making this into a Thomas vs. Rask thing are a little out of touch with reality, methinks.

Funny, but for years- people pi**ed and moaned that the Bruins weren't loyal to their players, or that the team didn't put the kind of money into the key positions of defense and goaltending. Now, they do and people are complaining about the offer sheets that may come down the pike for Krejci and Kessel. Amazing. So in other words, the team isn't loyal unless they shower the players you happen to like with cash while allowing the guys who are really a huge part of he club's success to go elsewhere? That's just crazy talk, folks.

Kirk- NEHJ
How horribly ironic is it that the "loyalty" they showed him with that contract was largly the result of Chia misreading it as an under 35 deal?

Old
06-04-2012, 01:50 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
No Link. Give it a few days though.. I am sure someone will pick up on it, if they haven't already.

I heard it from one of the Bruins PR folks i have a professional relationship with.

Look at the facts.

-Thomas' "family" moved to Colorado in the middle of last season, while he remained in Boston
-Now Tim is going to Colorado, where he has no known ties, other than he was drafted by the Nordiques... to concentrate on his "familial relationships"

I can say I have no doubt about your post

Old
06-04-2012, 01:53 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
This quote from Kirk should just be on every page of every thread about the topic
Read that whole thread...he's masterful...then the Kessel talk....April 6th of that year, 4 months before the trade he's saying don't run out and get your Kessel jerseys just yet....

Love that guy!

Old
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
How horribly ironic is it that the "loyalty" they showed him with that contract was largly the result of Chia misreading it as an under 35 deal?
Yep....none us picked up on it in that thread even I don't think.... I thought for sure it was an under 35...

Old
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
EverettMike

BREAKING: Tim Thomas has cut Boston Bruins fans work productivity by 73%.

Ironically, he has cost the economy hundreds of thousands of dollars at such a vital time.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Tin Thomas is a devout christian and is having marital problems. There were whispers in the locker room that his wife left him during this past season, but this has not made it to print as far as i know at this point.

Could he be depressed? If i don't see my girlfriend for a few days I get cranky, so I am sure he could be.

He places more value on his faith and family than his hockey career. I applaud that folks, and if you don't you are part of what I consider to be the problem in today's society rather than the solution.

This man at the top of his sport is leaving the game he loves to try to save his family.

God bless you Tim. I wish you the best and will pray for you and your family. If you ever get to a point where you are able to get back on the ice, for the Bruins or another team, I will applaud you for doing the RIGHT thing.

This was never about the Bruins or Boston or management for Tim, but certain media members had to make it a story... and certain readers had to take the ball and run with it...
Quote:

Look at the facts.

And if that ends up being the root of it all, i seriously hope some of the media 'round here gets whats coming to them

Quote:
Read that whole thread...he's masterful...then the Kessel talk....April 6th of that year, 4 months before the trade he's saying don't run out and get your Kessel jerseys just yet....

Love that guy!
indeed he is,

Old
06-04-2012, 02:00 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Man, does anyone get it more then he does?

When Thomas wins the Vezina Trophy, this will look like a bargain deal.

I don't get some of the hateful comments on this thread. Is loyalty to a player who's earned the right to be paid as one of the best at his position in return for three-plus outstanding years as a starter not something people value anymore?

I just can't believe I'm reading the comments about Rask being up in arms and how the Bruins are doooooooooooooomed by re-signing the guy who has consistently given the team the best chance of winning since 2006. Yeah, I get the concerns about the cap and all that, but the folks who are making this into a Thomas vs. Rask thing are a little out of touch with reality, methinks.

Funny, but for years- people pi**ed and moaned that the Bruins weren't loyal to their players, or that the team didn't put the kind of money into the key positions of defense and goaltending. Now, they do and people are complaining about the offer sheets that may come down the pike for Krejci and Kessel. Amazing. So in other words, the team isn't loyal unless they shower the players you happen to like with cash while allowing the guys who are really a huge part of he club's success to go elsewhere? That's just crazy talk, folks.

Kirk- NEHJ
Definitely stood out to me too.

It's also really odd that now the story for some has turned to how Chia has been disloyal to Timmy in all this.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Quote:
Tin Thomas is a devout christian and is having marital problems. There were whispers in the locker room that his wife left him during this past season, but this has not made it to print as far as i know at this point.

Could he be depressed? If i don't see my girlfriend for a few days I get cranky, so I am sure he could be.

He places more value on his faith and family than his hockey career. I applaud that folks, and if you don't you are part of what I consider to be the problem in today's society rather than the solution.

This man at the top of his sport is leaving the game he loves to try to save his family.

God bless you Tim. I wish you the best and will pray for you and your family. If you ever get to a point where you are able to get back on the ice, for the Bruins or another team, I will applaud you for doing the RIGHT thing.

This was never about the Bruins or Boston or management for Tim, but certain media members had to make it a story... and certain readers had to take the ball and run with it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I can say I have no doubt about your post

I have to say that what Glenn is saying here isnt the first time I heard it either.

For what it's worth.

I think the dude has some things he really needs to work out. I still believe he'll play this year though. Otherwise he would have just retired.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
06-04-2012, 02:04 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat400 View Post
You don't have to wonder why the newspaper business is dying a slow death.
Because they have bad blog writers??

Old
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I have to say that what Glenn is saying here isnt the first time I heard it either.

For what it's worth.

I think the dude has some things he really needs to work out. I still believe he'll play this year though. Otherwise he would have just retired.
what if he wanted to but he worked something out with chia so that Thomas could essentially "retire" without retiring so that it didn't hurt the team. Or even delay actual retirement until the new CBA is over with and possibly give the bruins some flexibility with his situation

Old
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
ranold26
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=626431

Thread from when he signed his deal - makes for some interesting reading.
Good thread. More things change, the more they remain the same.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post

For what it's worth.

I know Scotia's legit, but so is BJ, and the 2 stories don't really mesh. We'll have to see.

I can say this definitively- defriending every Bruin from Facebook is something a 12 year old girl would do. Unless I am missing something (I'm sure his defenders will claim I am), that's just a totally tool-ish, passive-aggressive, and prissy thing to do.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I was actually just getting to the Kessel part...found this gem

Sorry Russell!
Man, if you pull up the Kessel gets dealt thread I was a raving lunatic I remember...Beyond pissed we got "nothing" for him.. LOLOLOLOL

Old
06-04-2012, 02:11 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
I know Scotia's legit, but so is BJ, and the 2 stories don't really mesh. We'll have to see.

I can say this definitively- defriending every Bruin from Facebook is something a 12 year old girl would do. Unless I am missing something (I'm sure his defenders will claim I am), that's just a totally tool-ish, passive-aggressive, and prissy thing to do.
Nope, not missing anything at all. Thomas has acted a fool, that I will never doubt. I understand his beef with the Bruins / Chia, but that was beyond childish. His teamates have had nothing but nice things to say about him too...

Old
06-04-2012, 02:11 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Man, if you pull up the Kessel gets dealt thread I was a raving lunatic I remember...Beyond pissed we got "nothing" for him.. LOLOLOLOL
i keep the Horton is the worst move by chia Ever from you close to heart

Old
06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Where's this? I see nothing on his folks fighting cancer? It's not that I don't believe you but this is the first I am hearing of someone saying it is true.

And if that is the case, why move to Colorado when his folks are way over in Michigan? I would think he would move to Michigan.

If you ask me, this has nothing to do with family. I think he has been fighting with the B's management for quite awhile. At least 2 years.
Took me awhile... but since you called me out on it I figured I'd invest the time:

Tim Thomas has always been known as somewhat of a slow starter, and it was no different for the Bruins goaltender this season. Coming off his second straight All-Star selection, coupled with winning his position’s highest individual honor -- the Vezina Trophy -- Thomas was lugging around his fair share of lofty expectations. Not that he was really worried about it. “My job is still the same as it’s always been: stop the puck,” said the unaffected Thomas. The 35-year-old was coming off his most accomplished season as a pro, and he came to training camp armed with his typically offbeat, thoughtful way of coping. But the affable B’s goalie wasn’t as well-prepared when life came calling with one of its unpleasant surprises. Two years after Thomas’ mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and went into remission, Thomas' life was once again touched by the dreaded disease. His father, Tim Sr., was diagnosed with colon cancer.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/br...challenges-ice

My understanding is his Mom was/is still ailing. Or ailing again.

Again. nobody is moving from Michigan. They have been with him here since the illness was known. Now off together in Colorado.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
i keep the Horton is the worst move by chia Ever from you close to heart
I recognize all of those words but that statement makes no sense to me.

06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Nope, not missing anything at all. Thomas has acted a fool, that I will never doubt. I understand his beef with the Bruins / Chia, but that was beyond childish. His teamates have had nothing but nice things to say about him too...
Yeah I'm not sure what is up with that. I mean I doubt it has anything to do with hating his former team mates or anything. /shrug

Maybe just part of his 'moving on' process for now?

Old
06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post

They are both accurate BB.

People need to stop looking for any one single exact thing. The guy has a lot on his plate right now. Whether folks believe it or not.

My dad used to call it ' not knowing whether to **** or go blind'.
Not sure what my old man meant, but I think this is it.

Closed Thread