HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Part V | Marlies vs Admirals | Marlies done.

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
jughead42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Not a lot of teams can survive with their top line out.
Oh I agree that the Loss of Frattin, Kadri and Zig is significant, there's no doubt about it. I just take issue with any sort of claim that Norfolk isn't the best team if they eventually end up winning the cup, just because the Leafs players are injured. Nobody is pretending that Vancouver was better than Boston last year even though they had Hamhuis out in the finals, the trophy goes to the best. Injuries are just one obstacle on the path to a championship and the best team is the one who overcomes all those obstacles. I'm sure Norfolk is banged up but their guys are either playing through it or they are getting contributions from the replacements. We need to do the same to have a chance to be called the best.

Old
06-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Oh I agree that the Loss of Frattin, Kadri and Zig is significant, there's no doubt about it. I just take issue with any sort of claim that Norfolk isn't the best team if they eventually end up winning the cup, just because the Leafs players are injured. Nobody is pretending that Vancouver was better than Boston last year even though they had Hamhuis out in the finals, the trophy goes to the best. Injuries are just one obstacle on the path to a championship and the best team is the one who overcomes all those obstacles. I'm sure Norfolk is banged up but their guys are either playing through it or they are getting contributions from the replacements. We need to do the same to have a chance to be called the best.
Norfork concluded the regular season with 28 consecutive wins down the stretch at one point..
Quote:
Remarkably, Norfolk (55-18-1-2) concluded the regular season with a North American professional hockey record 28-game winning streak. The Admirals haven't lost since Feb. 5.
This is no fluke operation here, but a really strong team.

06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

yeah i thought joe had a decent two games all told

Old
06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Just putting this out there:

Colton Orr and Jay Rosehill are the Bash Bros

And Jerry D'Amigo is Ken Wu.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I'm starting to hate rosie more now lol. that guy is seriously a bonehead, needs to stop being an idiot on the ice.

06-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I'm starting to hate rosie more now lol. that guy is seriously a bonehead, needs to stop being an idiot on the ice.
He would be just as effective if he played without a stick, which is to say: as ineffective as always. I don't think I've ever seen a player take more idiotic penalties in the run of a season.

Last edited by Duke Silver: 06-04-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old
06-04-2012, 06:07 AM
SprDaVE

It looks like Ross is joining the Marlies, or at least is in Toronto. I'm not sure if it means he might slot into game action though.

Quote:
Brad Ross ‏@bross1818

In Toronto for the next 2 weeks to train.... #know1personhere #needfriends #hangoutwithme

Old
06-04-2012, 06:39 AM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Hmmmmm...my buddy hates the Leafs...big Bruins fan. He didn't understand all the Leafs fans hoopla about Colborne. Told me at the time of the trade that Colborne was a bust. Just another big soft player that was over-rated. JUst used it as a glaring example of how Leaf fans over-hype every player they acquire...whether it be through FA, draft or trade. Really need to to temper our expectations I think and give a little credit to other GMs for at least having a clue. This idea that Burke is "fleecing" everybody while the team continues to suck is somewhat of a joke. Surely if he is fleecing teams that implies he is getting back much better than he is giving which should be reflected in team success. Still waiting.
So you're 1 friend said this? I din't realize that he represented a whole fanbase. This is just another one of your childish outbursts with no merit, give it a rest.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Realistically, Marlies were always underdog even when healthy?

Norfolk 113 points to Toronto 96 points

Tampa also has 5-6 picks in the first 2 rounds this year.(2 in 1st., 3 or 4 in 2nd.)

Apparently some believe success in the minors will be reflected in the majors.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

Tampa also has 5-6 picks in the first 2 rounds this year.(2 in 1st., 3 or 4 in 2nd.)

People don't seem to get how good Norfolk has been, in the past 44 games they have lost just 3. Now Toronto needs to win 4 of the next 5 to win. It was always against them.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:53 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
People don't seem to get how good Norfolk has been, in the past 44 games they have lost just 3. Now Toronto needs to win 4 of the next 5 to win. It was always against them.
it would be nice if they could at least look like finalists. a lead in a game would be nice. maybe even a PP goal. what about if Scrivens doesn't **** the bed for once.

they can't be that good, but maybe they are.

i still think Dallas needs to go back to the drawing board.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
it would be nice if they could at least look like finalists. a lead in a game would be nice. maybe even a PP goal. what about if Scrivens doesn't **** the bed for once.they can't be that good, but maybe they are.

Ahhh what? I can only assume you mean make the bed as Scrivens has been doing his part to keep them in the games.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
Ahhh what? I can only assume you mean make the bed as Scrivens has been doing his part to keep them in the games.
Just another cry for attention, no one with a clue about the Marlies would actually write that.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
it would be nice if they could at least look like finalists. a lead in a game would be nice. maybe even a PP goal. what about if Scrivens doesn't **** the bed for once.

they can't be that good, but maybe they are.

Having your first line injured and facing the #1 team in the AHL is quite the task for the Marlies. Scrivens has been the person that everyone has been relying on to keep them in this. He's done more than you can ask for in a goaltender, the puck is always in their zone because of the amount of pressure Norfolk put on the Marlies. I think the Marlies defence is showing how much slower they really are in these situations or maybe this is showing how fast the Norfolk players are in comparison.

Seriously people are complaining about a team that has made it to the calder cup finals, we should be happy for them. I just wish all these injuries didn't happen right before this series.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter
Nazem Kadri on the ice this morning for the first time in a while. #Marlies
Retweeted by James Mirtle

Old
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM
northstarnicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
It looks like Ross is joining the Marlies, or at least is in Toronto. I'm not sure if it means he might slot into game action though.
Why play Brad Ross. He will never be the offensive player like Orr or Rosehill. He is just another plug

Old
06-04-2012, 11:41 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted View Post

Old
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

The difference between the Admirals and Marlies is the age and status of the key contributers. Norfolk's best players (guys like Picard and Smith) are career AHLers. The Marlies are loaded with prospects, their best players and best peformers have been prospects (Kadri, Frattin, Holzer, D'amigo, Deschamps). Outside of maybe Cory Conacher, Tampa's doesn't have any prospects who have contributed largely to the Admirals' success (and maybe Aulie to some extent).

So in the case of Toronto, the AHL success should translate to NHL success, while I just don't see it for Norfolk/Tampa.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted View Post
HELL YES! Come on Kadri come back as soon as possible man!

Old
06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
The difference between the Admirals and Marlies is the age and status of the key contributers. Norfolk's best players (guys like Picard and Smith) are career AHLers. The Marlies are loaded with prospects, their best players and best peformers have been prospects (Kadri, Frattin, Holzer, D'amigo, Deschamps). Outside of maybe Cory Conacher, Tampa's doesn't have any prospects who have contributed largely to the Admirals' success (and maybe Aulie to some extent).

So in the case of Toronto, the AHL success should translate to NHL success, while I just don't see it for Norfolk/Tampa.
Okay??? Tokarski, Janus, Barbeiro, Gudas, Killorn, Johnson, Panik, Palat, Conacher, Aulie and to a lesser extent Oberg are all legitimate prospects.

The bolded ones have been huge throughout the season and play-offs. Part of what's amazing about the Admiral's story this year is how thrown together this team is. Nobody knew what sort of team they would have this season.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:52 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Okay??? Tokarski, Janus, Barbeiro, Gudas, Killorn, Johnson, Panik, Palat, Conacher, Aulie and to a lesser extent Oberg are all legitimate prospects.

The bolded ones have been huge throughout the season and play-offs. Part of what's amazing about the Admiral's story this year is how thrown together this team is. Nobody knew what sort of team they would have this season.
Conacher isn't a Lightning prospect.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

im very interested if ross is joining in the team.

Old
06-04-2012, 02:56 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Why not?

Old
06-04-2012, 02:58 PM
newham89

Quote:
Conacher is a Lightning prospect. He was signed in March

Old
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
A.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Quote:
He is, the Lightning signed him around the trade deadline if I remember correctly.

I just googled it, and saw this link.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1123803

Closed Thread