HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Kreider next season

Old
05-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
People are setting their expectations too high. If Kreider comes in and can put up 40 points in his rookie year that is a success. Stepan had 51 in his 2nd season. Hagelin had to start the year in the AHL.

He will show flashes of why he is so highly touted but asking for more than 40 points from a rookie is setting him up to fail.
huge difference between kreider and step is the shot. 40 points is expected out of kreider-- at least 40. he carries everything hard to counter that you want out of a guy. hands, speed, size, strength, agility. he's not gonna be a 50 goal scorer, but 40 points is not a stretch by any means. kreider could be great or could be fail. if he plays like he did in the playoffs, if he loses that energy level and push he'll drop off like a fly and we'll be begging for a trade. no way to be sure right now, but my hopes are high for this kid. highest for a guy stepping into the league in a while. stepan looked impressive to start, but with that shot all you have to worry about is the playmaking. i wish guys on this team crashed the net more because step would get a lott more points. he's a rebound setup guy.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
The New Originals

15 goals, 25 assists.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
40 points is a realistic goal, and anything on top of that is gravy. People expecting 60 points are crazy. Could he do it? Sure. But setting that as your floor expectation is pushing it. Not many rookies crack 60 points. Only three have in the past five years.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:47 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
People are setting their expectations too high. If Kreider comes in and can put up 40 points in his rookie year that is a success. Stepan had 51 in his 2nd season. Hagelin had to start the year in the AHL.

He will show flashes of why he is so highly touted but asking for more than 40 points from a rookie is setting him up to fail.
The one drawback of his strong playoff run is that it gave people ridiculous regular season expectations.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:50 AM
broadwayblue

Gotta figure he's good for 20G, 25A. His passing is quite good...if we hit the net more often he could easily have 30+ assists.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
huge difference between kreider and step is the shot. 40 points is expected out of kreider-- at least 40. he carries everything hard to counter that you want out of a guy. hands, speed, size, strength, agility. he's not gonna be a 50 goal scorer, but 40 points is not a stretch by any means. kreider could be great or could be fail. if he plays like he did in the playoffs, if he loses that energy level and push he'll drop off like a fly and we'll be begging for a trade. no way to be sure right now, but my hopes are high for this kid. highest for a guy stepping into the league in a while. stepan looked impressive to start, but with that shot all you have to worry about is the playmaking. i wish guys on this team crashed the net more because step would get a lott more points. he's a rebound setup guy.
It's not that he doesn't have the skills, it's normally consistency with young players. One night he may score a goal and add an assist. 2 nights later he may be invisible. Plus the longer season and much tougher traveling schedule than he has ever been accustomed to will take its toll.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
It's not that he doesn't have the skills, it's normally consistency with young players. One night he may score a goal and add an assist. 2 nights later he may be invisible. Plus the longer season and much tougher traveling schedule than he has ever been accustomed to will take its toll.
40 points is only a point per ~.5 games though. i don't see it being out of the question by any stretch. even if he's got a few weeks on and off. i could see him being unconditioned by the end, but he's professional enough that i think he'll handle the start of the season as well as anybody on the team. he might even benefit from the fact that no goalies/d have really played against him yet.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Reijo R

18 G, 16 A

You just know Torts is gonna phuck with this kid's head all year long.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:08 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I like how dropping the gloves will make or break whether he's a power forward or not. Fighting is such an insignificant part of the game now and there are far less skilled players that we won't mind missing 5 minutes that should do the fighting.
I understand your point, however during regular season certain teams are going to test Chris and how he responds will dictate who his line mates are. At some point the gauntlet will be thrown down and Chris will have to respond, especially if the game is a blowout. If he rises to occasion he will be skating w/likes of Haglin Richards, Callahan; if he doesn't its Prust, Rupp and Dubi for protection.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
John Torturella

It wouldnt be shocking if he scored 30 goals. Kreider showed in the playoffs, where its the hardest for players to score goals, that he is capable of scoring goals in different ways. He has a nose for the net and can deflect shots for goals. He scored as many goals as Gaborik with minimal ice and powerplay time. With more ice time and pp time, plus regular season play which is not as tight as the playoffs, he has a chance at 30 next year.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
I understand your point, however during regular season certain teams are going to test Chris and how he responds will dictate who his line mates are. At some point the gauntlet will be thrown down and Chris will have to respond, especially if the game is a blowout. If he rises to occasion he will be skating w/likes of Haglin Richards, Callahan; if he doesn't its Prust, Rupp and Dubi for protection.
I somehow doubt he plays with Prust and Rupp, unless he fails to produce.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:33 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

nhl 12 related;

Quote:
As if NHL 12 couldn't get any better, last nigh I found out that it could. Boston College Chris Kreider has been added to the New York Rangers roster in the game. If you go to the " Play Now" mode, pick the Rangers of course and move down the roster, until you get to the section with the shirt icons. The shirt icons indicate that the player was not dressed to be on one of the starting lines. Kreider is one of the last players on the bottom. Just select him and put him on whichever line you chose. He is not very impressive in the game, probably because he is a rookie and one of the newer players added. He has a 74 overall rating and he skates a little slow in the game. However, he is in it and that's all that matters in my mind. From national champion to now an NHL 12 player is there anything Kreider can't do?
I just found this while searching, is it true ?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Edge

He's been in there for a few weeks with a playoff roster update.

Unfortunately, they gave him bleach blonde hair some think I will stick with my created version for now.

I really wish NHL 12 had a feature where you can edit player faces of existing players.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:54 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

cool, thanks...

we can edit his ratings..right?

It's been a while since I played..

Old
05-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
cool, thanks...

we can edit his ratings..right?

It's been a while since I played..
Yeah once you update your roster, you can essentially make him whatever you want.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
nhl 12 related;

I just found this while searching, is it true ?
He was added to the Rangers for the playoffs and the roster update for all teams was shortly after that so naturally he'd be in. He is a 74 and not as fast as he should be but Hagelin isn't really that fast either.

NHL12 does roster updates throughout the season like every month or so.

EDIT: Should have kept reading

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I think he'll start with 20 in the first half of the season and everybody will be dancing in the streets calling him the next Jesus, and then as his first 82 game season wears on him he'll slow down and finish close to 30.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
JCrusher*

From what i've see with kreider it looks ike the more ice time he has the more he produces as well as being on the top lines. When he doesnt get icetime and is put on the 4th line he wont be as productive obviously. Im not saying he is gonna score 40 goals next season but i do think he has adapting nicely without even goinging through a camp or a regular season

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:47 PM
JayQueensNY88*

i dont have expectations for a 20 yr old.... all i hope is he has a solid season with whatever opportunities he gets....Im assuming a 40 point rookie season should be accurate...if not ,no biggie as long as he is learning and growing and understanding the game.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:13 PM
GoGoKreider

Hes 20 years old and never played in the NHL until the playoffs this year. He was never in torts training camp and still played better then most of the team, while getting benched and put on some pretty bad lines during times.

I don't see him ever being a stamkos, criesbaby, or any other top forward. I do see him being a top player in the future though. But on a side note its hard to really say with the little time he has been in the NHL. Guess time will tell. Either way its gonna be an AWESOME ride watching this kid develop.

25-30 goals with about 10-15 assists this season. Maybe more if the rangers can hit the net on rebounds. I also believe most of these points will be in the 1st half of the season before the grueling 82 game season starts drain him.

"I bleed more blue that i bleed red"

GoGoKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:02 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I like how dropping the gloves will make or break whether he's a power forward or not. Fighting is such an insignificant part of the game now and there are far less skilled players that we won't mind missing 5 minutes that should do the fighting.
If you want to be technical, yes it does. A true power foward fights.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:31 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

25 goals, 25 assists.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

With Gabby out, CK will Get plenty of chances...

Old
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
If you want to be technical, yes it does. A true power foward fights.
Then it's a stupid definition. Fighting is supplementary to the game. Saying someone is not a PF because he doesn't do something which isn't really part of the game, is stupid.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 03:10 PM
GarretJoseph

41G-30A-71Pts-Rookie of the year.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote