HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part III) - Is it TC yet?!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2012, 04:36 PM
  #51
parcsalooc
Registered User
 
parcsalooc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Nuff said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgkCmVHyCs

parcsalooc is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
  #52
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Have you watched Parise play on a regular basis? He is a creative little player - hes scored 40 goals in this league - been a PPG player.

Radulov, for all his upside, has yet to prove a damn thing at the NHL level. So, just because he can dangle a little bit, dont be fooled into saying hes a better offensive player than Parise, Nash, or Ryan - because thats ridiculous.

The only reason I advocate looking into this is because he's likely to come far, far cheaper than those other players.
I've watched Parise plenty.

Parise is skilled, for sure. But that's not the first thing you think of. You think of the fact that he's going to outwork everyone else and bull his way to an area to get a loose puck and keep a play alive, or bang in a rebound.

Radulov is a guy who gets by on his skill and creativity. And he's the kind of player we lack anywhere in our system. What's so hard to grasp about that? It's not disputable.

And furthermore, this really isn't Parise vs Radulov anyway. We may be able to add both. I just think that Radulov fills a HOLE more than Parise does. We have guys comparable to Parise's style. We don't have anyone who is a legit catalyst like a Radulov. Jagr would be great on a one year deal, but I think that ship has sailed, and he's 40. Radulov, at such a low price, is an option to fill a void and improve this team's offense that you cannot ignore.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:41 PM
  #53
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Dude is ****ing sick, and his celly's are the best...haha

Funny, my first thought when watching that clip wasnt "Radulov is sick" but "Wow, the goaltending is horrendous across the pond"

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
  #54
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Funny, my first thought when watching that clip wasnt "Radulov is sick" but "Wow, the goaltending is horrendous across the pond"
That and this guy sure loves to showboat. His celebrations took up half the video. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:45 PM
  #55
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Dude hitting your coach in the face with your stick on the bench where everyone can see it because your frustrated is baseless speculation? Or does that make him a hero in some way?

His twitter nonsense. His abandoning his teams (plural) for more money.

Breaking team regulations.

Not showing up with any desire to play in the playoffs.

He's such a commendable guy. Lady Byng for him for sure...
how old was he when he hit the coach in the face out of anger, 18-20?
anything else you've seen lately?

what teams did he leave solely for money? that's a pretty crazy assumption with no basis. from what i understood he left teams because he was unhappy (finance more than likely played a part, but come on, that's not the only reason this guy left nashville). would you stay in a job where you weren't happy and was paying you 1/6th of what you could be making elsewhere? doubtful. quick to judge him, but doubt you'd make any different of a decision in his shoes.

he was an hour late from dinner the night after a horrible game that he made a huge error in. wasn't a game the next day (possibly for 2 days). he wasn't hungover for practice. it wasn't a big deal. coach wanted to make an example of he and kosty.


either way the kid is a great hockey player. to not offer him a contract because he was an hour late from dinner or hit a coach in another league in anger several years ago wouldn't keep me from signing him.

ovi has some baggage, would you not sign him if he was available atm? speaking of dirty players who break rules...how bout crosby or malkin and their fish flops or hits between the legs? dustin byflugein was caught under the influence in the off-season is he off the list too?
rofl.. would you have not signed patrick roy because he requested a trade from montreal?

your concerns are irrational. he's not that big of a deal. from what i heard only the coaches had problems with him. hell-- richards and half the guys in the room loved avery. maybe they'd love radulov, too? only one who legitimately seemed to dislike avery was tortorella and we all know avery was a grade A ******.

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
  #56
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That and this guy sure loves to showboat. His celebrations took up half the video. lol
lol i think that's just a KHL thing. fans enjoy it over there.
still funny as hell

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
  #57
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I've watched Parise plenty.

Parise is skilled, for sure. But that's not the first thing you think of. You think of the fact that he's going to outwork everyone else and bull his way to an area to get a loose puck and keep a play alive, or bang in a rebound.

Radulov is a guy who gets by on his skill and creativity. And he's the kind of player we lack anywhere in our system. What's so hard to grasp about that? It's not disputable.

And furthermore, this really isn't Parise vs Radulov anyway. We may be able to add both. I just think that Radulov fills a HOLE more than Parise does. We have guys comparable to Parise's style. We don't have anyone who is a legit catalyst like a Radulov. Jagr would be great on a one year deal, but I think that ship has sailed, and he's 40. Radulov, at such a low price, is an option to fill a void and improve this team's offense that you cannot ignore.
Youre trying to make an argument that Parise would be redundant and it just doesnt make any sense, because hes such a better player than Radulov.

So, because we lack a guy that can dangle, we should take the 60 point player over the 80 point player who (while also skilled, mind you) gets his points by working harder. Where is the sense in that?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:47 PM
  #58
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
What kind of a cap hit is Radulov going to command?

pwoz is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:47 PM
  #59
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
the lack of effort back checking was noticeable on some of those plays, but you can't deny the guy's ability in the offensive zone.

Jones is an @ss! He couldn't tape this guys stick! Calling him out for missing the net? please.

NikC is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
  #60
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Youre trying to make an argument that Parise would be redundant and it just doesnt make any sense, because hes such a better player than Radulov.

So, because we lack a guy that can dangle, we should take the 60 point player over the 80 point player who (while also skilled, mind you) gets his points by working harder. Where is the sense in that?
no i think he's saying one has an element the other doesn't have and our team definitely does not have. Parise and Radulov would be the plan imo.

NikC is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
  #61
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
the lack of effort back checking was noticeable on some of those plays, but you can't deny the guy's ability in the offensive zone.

Jones is an @ss! He couldn't tape this guys stick! Calling him out for missing the net? please.
True, and while he was definitely guilty of being lazy on the back check in some of those clips, in others he was blamed even when he was covering the D. Does he really need to get to the front of his own net every time the opposition has the puck?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
  #62
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
the lack of effort back checking was noticeable on some of those plays, but you can't deny the guy's ability in the offensive zone.

Jones is an @ss! He couldn't tape this guys stick! Calling him out for missing the net? please.
He also blamed Radulov because one of his passes hopped over a teammate's stick. Jones was desperately trying to nitpick anything Radulov did. Clear agenda there. Embarrassing for the NHL that guys like him and Milbury have jobs as "analysts."

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:50 PM
  #63
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
lol i think that's just a KHL thing. fans enjoy it over there.
still funny as hell
I did find it amusing. I like to see a player get excited when they score. I wish more guys would use the Anisimov celebration.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
  #64
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
He also blamed Radulov because one of his passes hopped over a teammate's stick. Jones was desperately trying to nitpick anything Radulov did. Clear agenda there. Embarrassing for the NHL that guys like him and Milbury have jobs as "analysts."

embarrassingly bad coverage. You have to make an effort to find guys this incompetent at their jobs.

NikC is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:57 PM
  #65
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
no i think he's saying one has an element the other doesn't have and our team definitely does not have. Parise and Radulov would be the plan imo.
And that "element" seems to be being able to dangle, which sends a tingle up some people's legs, apparently. When compared to a great player like Parise, whatever offensive benefits Radulov may have (which isnt much) is more than negated by the fact he has next to zero interest regarding anything on the defensive side of the puck.

The only reason Id be interested is because Radulov would come at half the price with many less years, which makes sense because hes half the player Parise is.

But to frame this argument in the sense that Radulov would be a better fit on this team, financials aside, than Parise? Thats just silly.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:57 PM
  #66
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Youre trying to make an argument that Parise would be redundant and it just doesnt make any sense, because hes such a better player than Radulov.

So, because we lack a guy that can dangle, we should take the 60 point player over the 80 point player who (while also skilled, mind you) gets his points by working harder. Where is the sense in that?
How does it not make sense? Callahan plays the same game as Parise. We have HARD WORKERS. We DONT HAVE SKILLED CATALYSTS WHO CAN CREATE A SCORING CHANCE EVERY TIME THEY HAVE THE PUCK. That doesn't make sense to you???

How many different ways can I write the same thing before it makes sense to you?

And just FYI, Parise was a 60-point player this year.

Brad Richards scored 90 points the same year that Parise did, but Brad came here and only scored 60. You cant assume past production with one team will equal future production with a different team. It rarely works that way, for better or worse. In the Rangers grinding system, I think Radulov actually has more of a chance at scoring 80 points than Parise would. And again, it's because he creates his own shot and creates chances for others. Parise is more of a complementary player. A fantastic one no doubt, he's like a faster, stronger, more skilled Callahan. Outstanding player. I'd love him on our team, but the chances are low, and he's going to command at least 7+ mil on the open market. If we can get Radulov, a guy who I think fills more of a glaring need anyway, for 4-5 mil, I'm all over it. You can agree to disagree, but don't tell me it doesn't make sense. Ive now spelled it out three times.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
  #67
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
And that "element" seems to be being able to dangle, which sends a tingle up some people's legs, apparently. When compared to a great player like Parise, whatever offensive benefits Radulov may have (which isnt much, over Parise) is more than negated by the fact he has next to zero interest regarding anything on the defensive side of the puck.

The only reason Id be interested is because Radulov would come at half the price with many less years, which makes sense because hes half the player Parise is.

But to frame this argument in the sense that Radulov would be a better fit on this team, financials aside, than Parise? Thats just silly.
You're the only one who's mentioned dangling.

I'm beginning to think you're the coach Radulov hit with his stick in that video.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
  #68
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Funny, my first thought when watching that clip wasnt "Radulov is sick" but "Wow, the goaltending is horrendous across the pond"
You're crazy. The shots he takes in that video would beat most every NHL goaltender 9 times out of 10. Absolute ****ing snipes.

Dude has super talent. Would he fit in to the system/be a torts guy?

That is the true question...

nevesis is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:02 PM
  #69
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
You're the only one who's mentioned dangling.

I'm beginning to think you're the coach Radulov hit with his stick in that video.
And you're the only one thats describing a Radulov that is far, far better than the actual player.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:03 PM
  #70
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
And that "element" seems to be being able to dangle, which sends a tingle up some people's legs, apparently. When compared to a great player like Parise, whatever offensive benefits Radulov may have (which isnt much) is more than negated by the fact he has next to zero interest regarding anything on the defensive side of the puck.

The only reason Id be interested is because Radulov would come at half the price with many less years, which makes sense because hes half the player Parise is.

But to frame this argument in the sense that Radulov would be a better fit on this team, financials aside, than Parise? Thats just silly.
you can't go wrong adding Parise who is another more skilled Callahan. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it still doesn't bring that dynamic that a Radulov brings. It's an unpredictability and offensive creativity that no one on this team possesses.

similar to Zherdev when he was here. he definitely didn't work out to well. Seems like Radulov is coming with some "clauses" as well.
Well worth risk. Torts needs to open his horizons as well. It can't be all about him. We need so start winning games with more than one tool.

NikC is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
  #71
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
you can't go wrong adding Parise who is another more skilled Callahan. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it still doesn't bring that dynamic that a Radulov brings. It's an unpredictability and offensive creativity that no one on this team possesses.

similar to Zherdev when he was here. he definitely didn't work out to well. Seems like Radulov is coming with some "clauses" as well.
Well worth risk. Torts needs to open his horizons as well. It can't be all about him. We need so start winning games with more than one tool.
Don't we all wish this was possible. This really is my only concern with Radulov. Will Torts play him? If he comes cheap, then I guess it doesn't really matter, its a small risk for a good reward. However, if Radulov doesn't come cheap Torts is going to have to work with him and not be stubborn (assuming we do go after him and get him)

Riverdale is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
  #72
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
you can't go wrong adding Parise who is another more skilled Callahan.
Bolded for truth. The idea that Parise would be redundant is absolutely baffling. Are people under the impression that Callahan plays all 60 minutes? Hell, even if Callahan could play all 60 minutes, you'd still benefit massively from having two players like him out there--let alone another, more skilled, version of him.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
  #73
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Rick Nash has bust written all over him





http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...card-nash.html

How much for this player? Swap multiple assets. The $7.8M takes up a significant portion of cap space. Stuck with him for next 6 years. Priceless.
kind of a chicken vs egg scenario...how much of nash's 'do everything myself' attitude is due to the fact that he has no help and has to do it himself. he seems to mesh in well with other star players for team canada when given a chance to play with someone...if you put him on a line with a star center I think his 'mindset' would change pretty quickly

Leetch3 is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
  #74
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
You're crazy. The shots he takes in that video would beat most every NHL goaltender 9 times out of 10. Absolute ****ing snipes.

Dude has super talent. Would he fit in to the system/be a torts guy?

That is the true question...
The problem is he wouldn't have time to get those shots off in the NHL between the shot blocking and the smaller ice.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
  #75
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Bolded for truth. The idea that Parise would be redundant is absolutely baffling. Are people under the impression that Callahan plays all 60 minutes? Hell, even if Callahan could play all 60 minutes, you'd still benefit massively from having two players like him out there--let alone another, more skilled, version of him.
He's not redundant because asside from playing hard every shift, Parise and Callahan are different players.

Parise averages 28 goals a season (and that's factoring in last season and his rookie season). He's also a top passer.

You won't find a bigger Callahan fan than me but he's nowhere near the offensive player that Parise is.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.