HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Fever (sorry!)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
  #1
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Playoff Fever (sorry!)

Sorry guys, but I caught playoff fever. The weather outside is Denverous, and as it gets warmer I always think of playoff time. But now, after 7 LONG years, we are finally participating in the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS! I'm 23, the last time I saw my Rangers in the playoffs, I was 16! I feel like I lost a part of my youth that I will never get back, but now the years of suffering are finally over! I'm so ready for th is. Even if we get swept in 4, which is unlikely, watching that much of my Rangers in playoff competition is SO much god damn fun.

I remember the last time we made the playoffs, it was amazing. Even though we only won 2 rounds, the games were great: remember Gretzky's hat trick against Beezer? Tikkanen's OT winner that fooled 18,000+? How about Robitailles game tying goal with seconds left? Graves' wrap around to upset the Devils? Being out hustled by the big bad Flyers? Remember when players like Berg and Courtnall emerged as clutch players? I do, the images are so vivid in my mind.

Those were great times, and I can't wait to see what drama unfolds in 2006. Will Lundqvist have a Brodeur-eque rookie run? Will Jagr finally get a ring? Can Sykora-Ozolinsh-Rucchin let their Stanley cup experience shine? Will Hollweg emerge as a playoff pest? Can Ward be the next Matteau? AHHHHH I'm like flipping out!!!

I know I will get razzed for jinxing us since we aren't officially in, but I don't care. I got the feeeeever!!!

GothamRanger is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
  #2
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
I know I will get razzed for jinxing us since we aren't officially in, but I don't care. I got the feeeeever!!!
seriously, don't even worry about what a bunch of 13 year olds say about jinxing us. enjoy the fact that we're going to the playoffs!!! this season has been a great surprise. playoff hockey will be back in the Garden. i can't wait for it.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
  #3
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Jinx?

I don't think a bunch of fans posting on a website about the playoffs will jinx the players. They have no idea what we're talking about and could care less about what we post in here.

But if they go into a deep tailspin and miss the playoffs, I'm blaming you!!

Fletch is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 03:58 PM
  #4
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
it is amazing.. so amazing that i won't believe it till we actually clitch..

DontStaal is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
  #5
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
Those were great times, and I can't wait to see what drama unfolds in 2006. Will Lundqvist have a Brodeur-eque rookie run? Will Jagr finally get a ring?
Jagr has a few rings already from his days in Pittsburgh.

Didn't Brodeur get eliminated in the playoffs his rookie year by the Rangers? Patrick Roy would have been a better example to use.

Sather Hater is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
  #6
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 500
...

It's one thing to make the playoffs...its another to make the playoffs with really Special players like Lundqvist, Jagr, Prucha, Kasper, etc!

These players make me actually want to watch the Rangers...if they were some boring team, I wouldn't care as much! But every game they play now is fun to watch, its' exciting, it feels like Playoff hockey already!

and ye, it does bring memories, for me mainly of 1994 . That is the year I came to America and what a year it was! I am yet to attend a Rangers playoff game, and this year I will make sure to be there for at least one Playoff game!

Go Rangers Go!

Evgeny Oliker is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 04:58 PM
  #7
Richard Park 10
Registered User
 
Richard Park 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
I am a die hard isles fan and after our long run of playoff less seasons (hopefully we'll be back with you guys next year), I know what it feels like to have a winning team again.

Its amazing the difference one season makes. You guys have a likeable team now that plays with incredible chemistry. You got rid of all the overpriced fat cats and unlikeable guys (fleury, simon, barnaby, McCarthy) and while I most certainly wont be pulling for you guys come playoff time, I am glad you guys are back in the fold. When the rangers were miserable as of late, part of me wanted them to be competitive, because there is nothing better than all local teams making the playoffs.

I also do not admire some rangers fans but the posters here are knowledgeable hockey fans who enjoy the game for what it is. This is why I am giving you my respect. Hopefully next season the rang, devs and isles all make the playoffs so the rilvalry can return to what it should be.

Richard Park 10 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
  #8
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,270
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadge1
I am a die hard isles fan and after our long run of playoff less seasons (hopefully we'll be back with you guys next year), I know what it feels like to have a winning team again.

Its amazing the difference one season makes. You guys have a likeable team now that plays with incredible chemistry. You got rid of all the overpriced fat cats and unlikeable guys (fleury, simon, barnaby, McCarthy) and while I most certainly wont be pulling for you guys come playoff time, I am glad you guys are back in the fold. When the rangers were miserable as of late, part of me wanted them to be competitive, because there is nothing better than all local teams making the playoffs.

I also do not admire some rangers fans but the posters here are knowledgeable hockey fans who enjoy the game for what it is. This is why I am giving you my respect. Hopefully next season the rang, devs and isles all make the playoffs so the rilvalry can return to what it should be.
Thanks for the kind words.

I think Simon and Barnaby were on the Isles, you'd them pretty darn likeable.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:08 PM
  #9
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Thanks for the kind words.

I think Simon and Barnaby were on the Isles, you'd them pretty darn likeable.
Ahh, Fluery, Simon, barnaby and McCarthy...and even lindros, made for some extremely fun games against the Isles.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
  #10
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
nine years since our last playoff birth.

i know what i will be doing if we finally clinch...

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:31 PM
  #11
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
nine years since our last playoff birth.

i know what i will be doing if we finally clinch...
I like how you think

Oh man, I can't wait.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:46 PM
  #12
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
nine years since our last playoff birth.

i know what i will be doing if we finally clinch...

Be careful operating that banana while intoxicated

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
  #13
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
we shoud all go out for some drinks when we clinch... (wait im not 21 yet)... well by drinks i mean we should go out for some coke

DontStaal is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
  #14
Laches
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
There is nothing better than playoff hockey.

My commute has already started to involve daydreams for Prucha securing a sweep for the Blueshirts by putting one past Brodeur. Then after Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley and I celebrate with a few bottles wine in the jacuzzi....well, that part of the daydream is better left for another board.

Laches is offline  
Old
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
  #15
rangerjoe
Registered User
 
rangerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose

I remember the last time we made the playoffs, it was amazing. Even though we only won 2 rounds, the games were great: remember Gretzky's hat trick against Beezer? Tikkanen's OT winner that fooled 18,000+? How about Robitailles game tying goal with seconds left? Graves' wrap around to upset the Devils? Being out hustled by the big bad Flyers? Remember when players like Berg and Courtnall emerged as clutch players? I do, the images are so vivid in my mind.


I was at Game #5 in FLA when Tikkanen's shot deflected off a dman and past the Beezer, I sat by myself as my buddy had 1 extra ticket. I was in my glory. In fact I was on MSG in the background when Trautwig was interviewing Richter, classic. That was a much closer series than it became. Lucky Luc scoring with under 10 seconds to go in game #3 to send it to OT...totally lucky.

I firmly believe that if we didn't lose key defensive forwards throughout that series, along with Leetch getting hurt, it would have been a different series against the Flyers. Lindros' late game #4 winner was the killer. No way we were going back to Philly and push it to a 6th game.

GO RANGERS!

RangerJoe

rangerjoe is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 03:53 PM
  #16
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe
I was at Game #5 in FLA when Tikkanen's shot deflected off a dman and past the Beezer, I sat by myself as my buddy had 1 extra ticket. I was in my glory. In fact I was on MSG in the background when Trautwig was interviewing Richter, classic. That was a much closer series than it became. Lucky Luc scoring with under 10 seconds to go in game #3 to send it to OT...totally lucky.

I firmly believe that if we didn't lose key defensive forwards throughout that series, along with Leetch getting hurt, it would have been a different series against the Flyers. Lindros' late game #4 winner was the killer. No way we were going back to Philly and push it to a 6th game.

GO RANGERS!

RangerJoe
Aye, we lost Berg which sucked and Leetch was playing hurt … I think when Lindros stripped Messier and scored, it was a signaling of the changing of the guard. Also, if Mess hadn’t left, I think we could have squeezed one more playoff year.

GothamRanger is offline  
Old
03-31-2006, 07:37 PM
  #17
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Yeah I tried posting a playoff topic and get killed for it...

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.