HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Miller and Jim Fox WILL CALL game 4! (6/5)

Old
06-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I hope Bob is wrong, but today during the pre-game show on the nhl network he said while the Kings are still looking into it, it doesnt look like it will happen.
If he says they are "still looking into it" and that at this late date "it doesn't look like it will happen" then that's all she wrote.

Although I am not disappointed as much as many of you are, I was still hoping this DVD would be available. I have been listening to Miller from day 1 and he has always been the loyal, consummate announcer for the Kings. Almost 40 years, and he has been through the emotional roller-coaster ride as all of us fans have been.

I remember in 1993 during the WCF and the Kings up 2-1, Miller was interviewed by a local broadcaster who told him even at that time that fans were coming up to him and saying how happy the were FOR HIM that Kings were making that deep playoff run...he was chuckling about it, but clearly excited himself about it.

You know what I am looking forward to?

(IF) the Kings win two more games, I am looking forward to Bob emceeing any (parade) event in the coming next days, and also the first game festivities next year.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
As yu alluded to, Emrick has been employed exclusively by NBC for 2 seasons now at least. He's not a Devils broadcaster any longer. He sounds plenty excited for Kings calls (I really dont want him to be more excited honestly... He's over the top as it is.) Emrick is more enthused with his calls when it's the home team that scores vs. the road team. I have no doubt he will be plenty excited for Kings goals at Staples.
I don't know, Tony. I don't see how you work that closely with a franchise and not have some loyalties there. Like I said, I don't blame him, its not his fault.

But I can hear it. Its not obvious but I can hear it. I'm not trying to dig for negativity right now, I just wish it was perfect with Bob and Jim.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Directly from Foxy's mouth 2 minutes ago: chances are very slim.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Jim just broke down when talking about it on the AM570 pre-game. Mentioned how important and nice it was that the fans kept asking them about calling the games and how it made him feel like he was part of all of it... and that was all she wrote. Money was very professional and started talking. Jim composed himself, apologized for being "a crier" but he was emotional about it.

And now I'm a mess.

Kings.. win it for Bob and Jim.. please.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Thank you. Now I want it to be game 4...not gonna happen but would love it. Can't stand the stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
Right now, it's still possible.
Quote:
The dream lives on.

...And on.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:20 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscv View Post
jim just broke down when talking about it on the am570 pre-game. Mentioned how important and nice it was that the fans kept asking them about calling the games and how it made him feel like he was part of all of it... And that was all she wrote. Money was very professional and started talking. Jim composed himself, apologized for being "a crier" but he was emotional about it.

And now i'm a mess.

Kings.. Win it for bob and jim.. please.
**** you nbc

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I don't care if Bob and Jim have to record themselves on their iphones, handheld recorders, those secret recording pens, or bug themselves, or with god damned tin cans, I want their call of the Kings winning the Cup

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:28 AM
niomosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I don't care if Bob and Jim have to record themselves on their iphones, handheld recorders, those secret recording pens, or bug themselves, or with god damned tin cans, I want their call of the Kings winning the Cup
Even if I have to listen to it after the game, I'll do it. It's been great listening to them and a shame they're not calling it.

niomosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:33 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
...And on.
Oooh man! I'm in disbelief.

Feel bad about Bob and Jim not calling it but I think they will be happy enough if .....

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Oooh man! I'm in disbelief.

Feel bad about Bob and Jim not calling it but I think they will be happy enough if .....

Nuff said.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Jim just broke down when talking about it on the AM570 pre-game. Mentioned how important and nice it was that the fans kept asking them about calling the games and how it made him feel like he was part of all of it... and that was all she wrote. Money was very professional and started talking. Jim composed himself, apologized for being "a crier" but he was emotional about it.

And now I'm a mess.

This is unspeakable. We've suffered through Ducks, Canucks, and Devils commentators and have had our own Hall of Fame crew spat on. This is the absolute worst thing they could possibly have done to Kings fans.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This is unspeakable. We've suffered through Ducks, Canucks, and Devils commentators and have had our own Hall of Fame crew spat on. This is the absolute worst thing they could possibly have done to Kings fans.
Seriously, what can the NHL do if Bob and Jim get a handheld camera and a mic, and do their own non-production play by play? If the audio is there, it can be dubbed over and released by the fans.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

And now I'm a mess.

But, but, but, they've got the great Mike Emrick calling the game. Open your ****ing eyes......and ears NBC.
It hurts to say this, but thank god I get to listen to Hughson on CBC. He's actually very good when he's not calling a Canucks game. Really like the last minute when Hughson said, "A minute to go. Bring it on home L.A." and he didn't say a word until the final buzzer.

Last edited by Scottkmlps: 06-05-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Heard on Kings Talk that it is very likely that when a Kings Cup run DVD is released that it is likely that we will hear the voices of Bob Miller and Jim Fox. Let's hope they still call the Cup clinching game live and record it for DVD/Blu Ray release.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Bandit

Total travesty. Nearly as big a travesty was that there was no audio of any kind tonight at the game on the concourses or in the restrooms. Usually it's Nick & Daryl, but even if it couldn't have been them, to have NOTHING? I'm sure NBC is to blame for this *********.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:04 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Obviously, I've never had a reason to buy a Cup run DVD/BD before. Do they show any games in their entirety and what feed do they use? It would be cool to have the CBC stuff in addition to NBC.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:06 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Heard on Kings Talk that it is very likely that when a Kings Cup run DVD is released that it is likely that we will hear the voices of Bob Miller and Jim Fox. Let's hope they still call the Cup clinching game live and record it for DVD/Blu Ray release.
Wait!

Is it gonna happen or not? Don't get my hopes up for nothing.

Please be clear.

One minut no next yes.

What has been said and who said it?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:06 AM
beenhereandthere

What about having Bob and Jim, call the radio feed, even if it's just for the last 2 minutes?
This idea about calling it this way, when they're only calling it for a DVD to be released, is just crappy.
Especially, since Hughson, had the possibility of doing it last year, for a team he was a long time broadcaster for (the Canucks).

beenhereandthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
beeker16

Are the Kings announcers not simulcast on the radio feed as well or is radio play by play a different crew?

beeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Leo W

Disappointing.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://twitter.com/BaileyLAKings/sta...95888561246208
Quote:
“@bosoxholic: @BaileyLAKings will bob be calling a clinching game (that will air at a later day?)” yes

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker16 View Post
Are the Kings announcers not simulcast on the radio feed as well or is radio play by play a different crew?
2 different crews. The radio guys are good, but Bob is Bob.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.

Send a message via AIM to Greater Malison
Bob at his finest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUrWcOq11V8

I searched for this version of the MoM for many years, complete with background music and interviews with Dionne and Messier. For those that may have never seen this keep an eye out for the player that steals the puck from Gretzky on the game tying goal.

Last edited by Greater Malison: 06-05-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Greater Malison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:36 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This is unspeakable. We've suffered through Ducks, Canucks, and Devils commentators and have had our own Hall of Fame crew spat on.
Don't forget about Coyotes.

Old
06-05-2012, 11:32 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

IT'S HAPPENING!

Bob just confirmed on XX1090 San Diego radio that Bob and Jim WILL CALL game 4 "live to tape". It'll be made available either online or on a DVD at a later time/date.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote