HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

So Goaltending.....

Old
06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post
I'm not sure Koskinen has ever recovered from that knee injury.

DP and Nabby should both be out the door. I say do a rotation with Poulin and Nilsson
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Let's toss our one solid goalie from last year, and rely on two rookies.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Bexlyspeed

3 goalie rotation again?
so nabby gets red hot , or poulin, but we have to cool them out so the rick can get a game in? they did it to a white hot Montoya last season and thats when everuthing went into the toilet.

this is why we need a guy with experience and the baII$ to stand up to the clueless owner when dumb things like this come down the pike

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
3 goalie rotation again?
so nabby gets red hot , or poulin, but we have to cool them out so the rick can get a game in? they did it to a white hot Montoya last season and thats when everuthing went into the toilet.

this is why we need a guy with experience and the baII$ to stand up to the clueless owner when dumb things like this come down the pike
He was ****ing amazing early on last year. Really thought he was coming into his own then Wang/Snow had to push DP into the mix.

Personally that kind of start makes me have faith in Montoya if he comes back. But only if they have a Nabby/Montoya rotation going and DP is in the press box barring an injury then he's only in the backup role.

The only way DP should ever see another game next season is if he is constantly outperforming both goalies in practice and is basically a man on a mission. Show that your body can hold up(we all know it can't but stay with me here) and that you are mentally sharp with something to prove and then we'll see about giving you a shot.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
Unfortunately we've already had a guy like that, and his 40-day tenure spoke volumes about what happens when people stand up to Wang Jong-Il.

06-05-2012, 08:19 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
Unfortunately we've already had a guy like that, and his 40-day tenure spoke volumes about what happens when people stand up to Wang Jong-Il.
look we all dislike wang but is it necessary to compare him to a dictator and muderer???

NYI78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
look we all dislike wang but is it necessary to compare him to a dictator and muderer???
He's murdering the franchise in a way, and yes he's also the Islanders dictator.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:09 AM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
He's murdering the franchise in a way, and yes he's also the Islanders dictator.
Well said

nyisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:18 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Let's toss our one solid goalie from last year, and rely on two rookies.
From where I'm standing this team would do better with nothing but rookies. Keep Streit, but the rest of the 30+ are just spare parts

experience doesn't mean squat. Not with the kind this team has anyway

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post
From where I'm standing this team would do better with nothing but rookies. Keep Streit, but the rest of the 30+ are just spare parts

experience doesn't mean squat. Not with the kind this team has anyway
OMFG......let's get a rookie coach, too. And anyone over 18, your time is up!

Malachai? Snow wants you, too.

cue: Alice Cooper.

OlTimeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
He was ****ing amazing early on last year. Really thought he was coming into his own then Wang/Snow had to push DP into the mix.

Personally that kind of start makes me have faith in Montoya if he comes back. But only if they have a Nabby/Montoya rotation going and DP is in the press box barring an injury then he's only in the backup role.

The only way DP should ever see another game next season is if he is constantly outperforming both goalies in practice and is basically a man on a mission. Show that your body can hold up(we all know it can't but stay with me here) and that you are mentally sharp with something to prove and then we'll see about giving you a shot.
I say they all have to earn it. Compete for the starts.

OK, whoever can pass out the most hot dogs from top row to bottom and back, only one dog per section, and you have to traverse the entire NVMC......wins.

Any moaning about your knees and you're disqualified.

OlTimeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...Rick-Nash.html

"That would make Thomas very attractive to a team trying to get up to the lower end of the cap, because it would be acquiring a $5 million cap hit without having to pay any of the salary. And if Thomas were to decide to change his mind and play, the team acquiring him would still be getting an elite goalie whose salary in real dollars is only $3 million."

Can't wait to see Timmy welcome Nathan McKinnon aboard next summer at the draft.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:04 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride of Chuckie View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...Rick-Nash.html

"That would make Thomas very attractive to a team trying to get up to the lower end of the cap, because it would be acquiring a $5 million cap hit without having to pay any of the salary. And if Thomas were to decide to change his mind and play, the team acquiring him would still be getting an elite goalie whose salary in real dollars is only $3 million."

Can't wait to see Timmy welcome Nathan McKinnon aboard next summer at the draft.
I doubt we are getting Tim Thomas. McKinnon on the other hand, unless the Isles intend to improve the team other than draft choices and 20 year olds, McKinnon will be an Islander.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:40 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
I read this that NYI will give DP a chance to earn that backup spot, and if he succeeds, another chance will be given to earn that number 1 spot. But that chance is limited and is less a priority than in the past. Other factors come into consideration, e.g. the other goalies' performances, DP's health.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:48 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

Link?

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote