HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salary Cap up $7 million for 2012-13

Old
06-04-2012, 02:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
This new CBA had better have an agreement on overpaid players being buried in other leagues to keep from having them count against the cap. Chicago obviously should be the example. Otherwise we may end up losing out on big name players to teams who don't care about the new CBA or anything like that.

We have a ton of free cash, but there are teams out there with about 40 mil or so free. But we're probably the most attractive as far as winning and a great organization go unless you count STL or maybe Nashville, and one was a trapping fluke job and the other is possibly about to lose two of their best players.

We know that the ceiling is going up, has there been any statement about if the floor will rise. I expect that will get looked at in the new CBA. There is going to have to be a larger gap in my opinion, like the floor will level at 50 million regardless and the cap even with record revenues can't go above 75. I expect this system will stop.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:06 AM
wingnutjeff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

Do you sincerely believe what you post?
Yes I do believe it, he might not always push it to the top but he does take great pride in the consecutive playoff record. I will print out this entire thread and eat it if Illitch allows Holland to stand pat and risk not making the playoffs.

wingnutjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutjeff View Post
Yes I do believe it, he might not always push it to the top but he does take great pride in the consecutive playoff record. I will print out this entire thread and eat it if Illitch allows Holland to stand pat and risk not making the playoffs.
I believe this too. No way do we miss the playoffs next year.

Although, to CB, SoupNasty's opinion isn't much.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote