HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
No, they put in me in Row 14 of the 200's which are $73.00 each. One row back (Row 15) is $50.00 each.
Oh ok yeah i would be pretty ticked too. Has your rep given you any idea when they should have another location for you?

Old
05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Abooch68

I dont understand why they didn't make gradual price decreases from the first rows to the back rows. The change from 73 to 50 in the next row is just so drastic.. I'm sure that's what us new season ticket holders will have to wind up with if we want to be in the uppers next season that is if we are even offered anything..

Last edited by Abooch68: 05-31-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I dont understand why they didn't make gradual price decreases from the first rows to the back rows. The change from 73 to 50 in the next row is just so drastic.. I'm sure that's what us new season ticket holders will have to wind up with if we want to be in the uppers next season that is if we are even offered anything..
Yeah, it does suck if you are assigned the last row of the price point. But it's even worse in the lower bowl. I honestly thought they would have 3 price tiers to smooth it out a little. Personally I can't really complain as I made out pretty well being in Row 3...although I did lose my aisle and was move back a row. But I guess all things considered I should be happy.

And yes, my guess is new subscribers who don't want to pay $100+ for lower bowl seats will have to suck it up and take the last row of the $73 sections for their first season.

Old
05-31-2012, 04:52 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

what would you guys rather have the pricing system we have now or the one that Flyers use where every row is a different price?

personally i like the one we have but you can get screwed our get lucky and have a row 3 or 15

Old
05-31-2012, 05:02 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
your not allowed to downgrade
Not True. I confirmed it with my own situation that I am allowed to downgrade after the folks who renewed and upgraded but before new business.

I posted an email from my Rep several pages back that clearly stated that I did not renew and want a lower priced location and will be contacted after the upgrades are done.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:13 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, it does suck if you are assigned the last row of the price point. But it's even worse in the lower bowl. I honestly thought they would have 3 price tiers to smooth it out a little. Personally I can't really complain as I made out pretty well being in Row 3...although I did lose my aisle and was move back a row. But I guess all things considered I should be happy.

And yes, my guess is new subscribers who don't want to pay $100+ for lower bowl seats will have to suck it up and take the last row of the $73 sections for their first season.
I have been a subscriber for 20 years and was moved to the back of my section-LOL (I was given and took $90 per - Row 2). I will also lose the aisle. The press release says I'll have 25% more legroom.. which is nice and will only have 1 row in front of me ...which visually could work out but is it worth $11 / per seat per game?
I'll have to find out if the seats are staggered so the view is between the seats rather than in front of us.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Not True. I confirmed it with my own situation that I am allowed to downgrade after the folks who renewed and upgraded but before new business.

I posted an email from my Rep several pages back that clearly stated that I did not renew and want a lower priced location and will be contacted after the upgrades are done.
That's for this season after the renovations are done who knows what they are gonna do but I know for a fact if you renew your current assignment you can't go into a lower price range

Old
05-31-2012, 05:23 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
That's for this season after the renovations are done who knows what they are gonna do but I know for a fact if you renew your current assignment you can't go into a lower price range
Not sure I understand your point but so that you know, I have lower bowl sests and requested to move upstairs. I did not renew as I did want to be stuck in the lower bowl again next season. I told my rep and she emailed me saying that I will be contacted wih lower priced options after the upgrades for the renewals are done but before new business.

So, the fact is if you renew you cannot go to lower priced seats but if you (as in me) don't renew, you can. Makes sense.

Last edited by MessierIsGod: 05-31-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old
05-31-2012, 08:04 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
So, the fact is if you renew you cannot go lTo ower priced seats but if you (as in me) don't renew, you can. Makes sense.
It makes sense in a greedy pigs who want to screw you out of any shot at decent seats if you don't pay up for over priced lower bowl seats kind of way

Old
06-01-2012, 05:20 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Oh ok yeah i would be pretty ticked too. Has your rep given you any idea when they should have another location for you?
He said by the end of the June or beginning of July.

06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Where does "choosing a second seat to your account" fit into this process for a current season subscriber between all of this upgrading /relocation?

*For the record, I'm glad that I ended up grabbing a last minute 300 section seat before the season started. The ECF guaranteed that getting tickets this time around would be a circus.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones View Post
Where does "choosing a second seat to your account" fit into this process for a current season subscriber between all of this upgrading /relocation?

*For the record, I'm glad that I ended up grabbing a last minute 300 section seat before the season started. The ECF guaranteed that getting tickets this time around would be a circus.
I would make a phone call this week and explain that you were able to get 1 seat last year and you want to make it 2 for this year. If someone at MSG suggested that this moght happen I would mention that. I have always kept informal records of who I have spoken to since the turnover tends to be high at MSG. I have also found it helpful if possible to make an appointment to see your rep.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones View Post

Adding an additional seat or seats to your account has typically been part of the normal upgrade/relocation process. When you call in during your pre-set time you can change the location of your existing seats and/or add seats to your account. If it's true that we will be using an online system this year, I would have to assume that you can select up to 4 seats when you log on.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Traderalways

Anyone with new updates about when the upgrade/2nd relocation process will start??

Old
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
Anyone with new updates about when the upgrade/2nd relocation process will start??
Here is the information from last year. Assuming a similar schedule we will be hearing from the Rangers in the next few days, and the upgrade period should begin around the 15th.

June 7, 2011

broadwayblue
New York, NY 10000

Account Number: XXXXXXX

Subscription Tenure: 1926

We are delighted that you have renewed your New York Rangers subscription for the 2011-12 Season! You have previously indicated interest in upgrading your seat location. Accordingly, please find below important information that you will need to participate in the forthcoming upgrade process.

Based on feedback from Season Subscribers like you, we have enhanced our process to provide a more personal experience for you. Here is what you will find different from last season:

You will still receive an appointment time in advance but instead of calling us, we will call you.
We have increased the number of days available for upgrades, allowing you to have a longer period of time to speak with one of our dedicated experience managers.
If we are unable to find a seating location that suits your interest, we will note your account and call you if a location within your preference(s) becomes available.
Listed below is the specific date and time that one our dedicated experience managers will contact you. The priority for your assignment relative to other eligible seat relocation respondents is based solely on your subscription tenure. As always, all potential seating assignments are subject to ticket availability. Please note that if you have indicated interest in purchasing additional seats, you will receive separate information related to that process at a later time.

Our records indicate that 212-222-5555 is the best number to reach you. If this is not accurate, you prefer to be contacted at a different phone number or are unavailable to speak with us at the time specified below, please contact me immediately so that I can make alternative arrangements for you. I can be reached via phone at 212-631-5622 or email at mandy@msg.com.

We will contact you on Monday, June 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM.

Should you not hear from us within the first 15 minutes of your appointment time, please call this number 212-324-8911. Please note that we are unable to hold seats, thus it is important for you to be prepared to make any changes at the time of your call. We encourage you to visit our 3D Virtual Venue seating tool by visiting http://rangers2011.io-media.com/. This is a terrific program to help familiarize yourself with the newly configured Garden for the 11-12 season.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me or call 212-465-6050 with any questions or concerns.

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Sincerely,

Mandy
Your Rangers Dedicated Experience Manger

Old
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Here is the information from last year. Assuming a similar schedule we will be hearing from the Rangers in the next few days, and the upgrade period should begin around the 15th.

June 7, 2011

broadwayblue
New York, NY 10000

Account Number: XXXXXXX

Subscription Tenure: 1926

We are delighted that you have renewed your New York Rangers subscription for the 2011-12 Season! You have previously indicated interest in upgrading your seat location. Accordingly, please find below important information that you will need to participate in the forthcoming upgrade process.

Based on feedback from Season Subscribers like you, we have enhanced our process to provide a more personal experience for you. Here is what you will find different from last season:

You will still receive an appointment time in advance but instead of calling us, we will call you.
We have increased the number of days available for upgrades, allowing you to have a longer period of time to speak with one of our dedicated experience managers.
If we are unable to find a seating location that suits your interest, we will note your account and call you if a location within your preference(s) becomes available.
Listed below is the specific date and time that one our dedicated experience managers will contact you. The priority for your assignment relative to other eligible seat relocation respondents is based solely on your subscription tenure. As always, all potential seating assignments are subject to ticket availability. Please note that if you have indicated interest in purchasing additional seats, you will receive separate information related to that process at a later time.

Our records indicate that 212-222-5555 is the best number to reach you. If this is not accurate, you prefer to be contacted at a different phone number or are unavailable to speak with us at the time specified below, please contact me immediately so that I can make alternative arrangements for you. I can be reached via phone at 212-631-5622 or email at mandy@msg.com.

We will contact you on Monday, June 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM.

Should you not hear from us within the first 15 minutes of your appointment time, please call this number 212-324-8911. Please note that we are unable to hold seats, thus it is important for you to be prepared to make any changes at the time of your call. We encourage you to visit our 3D Virtual Venue seating tool by visiting http://rangers2011.io-media.com/. This is a terrific program to help familiarize yourself with the newly configured Garden for the 11-12 season.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me or call 212-465-6050 with any questions or concerns.

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Sincerely,

Mandy
Your Rangers Dedicated Experience Manger
Thanks... So I guess any day now!

Old
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
Thanks... So I guess any day now!
That was the first Tuesday in June. Today is also the first Tuesday in June. But they could also be backed up because of the playoffs

Old
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Anyone know if Fan Fest will be back this summer?

Old
06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Season Ticker Holders should have been contacted today. Here is the email:

Quote:
Account Number: 18xxxx
Subscription Tenure: xxx

Dear xxxxxx,

We are delighted that you have renewed your New York Rangers subscription for the 2012-13 season! You had previously indicated interest in upgrading your seat location. Accordingly, we want to share some important information and exciting changes that are intended to enhance your experience throughout this process.

Based on feedback from Season Subscribers like you, we are pleased to introduce our state-of-the-art 3D technology that will allow you to participate in the upgrade process online instead of over the phone. This unique and interactive tool will provide you with the ability to view and select the best available seats according to your individual preferences directly from your computer. It will also allow you to access available seating any time after your appointment day and time so you can continue to search for and upgrade to your preferred seating locations for the upcoming season.

You will be able to access the online upgrade tool via your "My Rangers Online Account Manager." We encourage you to click here and take a few moments to read through the instruction guide so you can familiarize yourself with this new process. We will also be sending an e-video tutorial to you a few days prior to your scheduled upgrade appointment so that you have plenty of time to review prior to your scheduled login time.

If you feel uncertain about using this interactive tool or will not have access to your "My Rangers Account Manager" during your scheduled time, don't hesitate to contact me to make alternate arrangements. Moreover, if you require accessible (ADA) seating due to a disability, please contact me directly to convey what type of seating you are requesting, so that I can better assist you.

Listed below is the specific date and time that you will have access to participate in our online upgrade process. The priority for your scheduled time relative to other eligible Season Subscribers is based solely on your subscription tenure. As always, seat upgrades and relocations are subject to seating availability. Please note that if you have indicated interest in purchasing additional seats, you will receive separate information related to that process at a later time.

Your Login Access begins on: Tuesday, 6/xx/2012 at xx:00 AM.

To log in to your "My Rangers Online Account Manager," click here and enter your account number/email address and password. Your account number is listed at the top of this communication. If you have forgotten or lost your password, click on the “Forgot Your Password” link and it will be emailed to you.

We look forward to sharing this new experience with our most dedicated fans! As always, please do not hesitate to contact me or call 212-xxx-xxxx with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Daniel xxxx
Rangers Dedicated Experience Manager
212-631-xxxx
xxxx@msg.com

Last edited by NyRangers88: 06-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
LordsCup*

Got my email today also:

June 21st, 9:00
Tenture since 2000

Old
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Along with that email came this link: http://rangers.nhl.com/v2/ext/subscr...Manual_JH4.pdf

A lot of excellent information here. What's nice about this system is you can keep checking back after your appointment and throughout the summer to see if other seats open up. This is one thing the Rangers got right for once!

Last edited by NyRangers88: 06-06-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

That PDF has some info, but generally a waste of about 80 hours of an intern's time. The seat selector isn't active yet in the online account

Old
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I thought you had to give up your current seats/not renew, in order to enter the seat upgrade thing. Because cant you not change to cheaper seats if you currently have seats, only get more expensive ones?

Old
06-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Rangers2319

really like the idea of being able to keep checking for open seats instead of getting just 1 shot at an upgrade or downgrade

Old
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Rangers2319

I went back and looked a previous thread that got closed and theres quite a few people in the 213 section at $50 price point, around same rows, looks like we are gonna have a hfboard party lol

Closed Thread