HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PHI/CBJ: Bobrovsky Traded for 3 Picks

Old
06-05-2012, 09:34 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Bobrovsky to Columbus for three draft picks

Ok.....who wants another round of grand theft Howson?

Who would you want from Columbus for Bob if he were to be offered and who would you like to sign as a backup?

Quote:
The Blue Jackets only have 2 goaltenders under contract for next season, Steve Mason and Allen York, and it’s their goal to have 5. Mason will likely only be back as a backup. They could trade him, but he’s due $3.2 million. He could be put on waivers or possibly bought out. The Blue Jackest could call the Canucks about Roberto Luongo, but he wouldn’t be their first choice. The Blue Jackets may only be lukewarm on Jonathan Bernier. Sergei Bobrovsky is another option. Free agents to keep in mind are Jonas Gustavsson, Josh Harding, Scott Clemmensen and Martin Biron.

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...lie-reset.html
Thread Confirmation: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1213609

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
I'd be happy with a 3rd rounder from them.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

We'll take a defensive prospect if they have one in relative value

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:41 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I would prefer a second rounder after squandering one already for Kubina. Howson is a dope...so I'm confident we can pick his pocket again.

As far as a backup..article mentions that Nash is looking to move Lindback? How much cash does the dude make?

Old
06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Do it

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
mirimon

We want a 1st round pick for Bobrovsky, right? Please...?

Anyway, it seems the article just named pretty much every goalie that could possibly be available.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:54 AM
toughfighter83*

in a relating note, do you see Columbus giving us nash for bob, jvr and a first round pick for him?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I would prefer a second rounder after squandering one already for Kubina. Howson is a dope...so I'm confident we can pick his pocket again.

As far as a backup..article mentions that Nash is looking to move Lindback? How much cash does the dude make?
He's a RFA and made 875k on his ELC. Qualifying offer is 715k, no idea what kind of offer it would take for him to sign though. Unless we get an absolute storm of an offer for Bobrovsky, and somehow can make a steal of a trade with Nashville, it seems a bit redundant to trade for another young backup as a replacement though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
We want a 1st round pick for Bobrovsky, right? Please...?

Anyway, it seems the article just named pretty much every goalie that could possibly be available.
Yeah the author I guess is leaving no stone unturned considering how desperate Columbus is for goaltending. I think the fans should throw a few stones at Howson...

Old
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:

$875,000. I believe he's an RFA after this upcoming season.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
in a relating note, do you see Columbus giving us nash for bob, jvr and a first round pick for him?
Hmm.....

A Bob and JVR package for Nash is intriguing but Nash is a bit pricey contract wise and we need the cash for D. Having said this another reliable goal scorer like Nash is never bad although it is thought that JVR has the potential to put up Nash numbers if healthy and hungry...

Old
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
He's a RFA and made 875k on his ELC. Qualifying offer is 715k, no idea what kind of offer it would take for him to sign though. Unless we get an absolute storm of an offer for Bobrovsky, and somehow can make a steal of a trade with Nashville, it seems a bit redundant to trade for another young backup as a replacement though.
Yeah but Lindback intrigues me..even with his disease which seems manageable. Dude is a giant in net..hence his nickname Anders the Giant. Would be cool if both Bryz and Lindback could play goal at the same time.....we wouldn't even need a defense...

Old
06-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I think Bobrovsky's value is at an all time low. I'll be surprised if Holmgren even gets a pick for him. I anticipate a trade of Bob for future considerations or for some 30 yr old minor leaguer who makes too much money like another Matt Walker.

I'd be thrilled if they even get a 3rd round pick for him.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I think Bobrovsky's value is at an all time low. I'll be surprised if Holmgren even gets a pick for him. I anticipate a trade of Bob for future considerations or for some 30 yr old minor leaguer who makes too much money like another Matt Walker.

I'd be thrilled if they even get a 3rd round pick for him.
Yeah his value took a hit.....they might have to stick with him in that case or just package him for some leverage rather than a 1 for 1 deal.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:49 AM
tuckrr

jack johnson

lets hose these clowns again!!

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Broad Street Elite

A second rounder would be well worth it for Bob. It's not that I don't like him, but at this point, he deserves a better opportunity and I would rather have an experienced back-up who doesn't require the icetime to develop his game. We all saw that Bryz played better when he was playing a lot.... that doesn't help Bob at all.

I might even do it for a 2013 second rounder knowing full well that Columbus will be a bottom feeder again next season.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:53 AM
ORYX

IMO the team should trade Bob before his value is zero. He needs minutes to get better and he isn't getting them here. Not only does he need minutes, but he needs a string of starts. I believe he is a better starter prospect then back-up, meaning he isnt the type of goalie that can once ever 6-7 games or longer and preform, but preforms best when getting multiple starts in a row.

He has shown great work ethic here, reward him with an opportunity elsewhere IMO.

What intrigues me is the potential of having another Amnesty clause in the new CBA like happened in the last lock-out. The circumstances are different so it may not occur, but you'd have to think the team would have a long debate on whether or not they bought out Pronger or Bryz....If it was in fact Bryz, that would likely determine a different fate for Bob.

All speculation as always.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Hmm.....

A Bob and JVR package for Nash is intriguing but Nash is a bit pricey contract wise and we need the cash for D. Having said this another reliable goal scorer like Nash is never bad although it is thought that JVR has the potential to put up Nash numbers if healthy and hungry...
Nash numbers in Columbus with no one to play with? Perhaps. Nash Numbers on the flyers playing with Claude Giroux? Probably not.

Say why you will about Nash, but the dude is talented, and hes essentially had to get every point he has to his name by himself in Columbus. I would love to have him on my team.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
BernieParent

I agree that Bob, on his own, would fetch very little in return, given the forgettable 2011-12 season for him. He'd probably be more useful as a piece in a bigger deal.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Nash numbers in Columbus with no one to play with? Perhaps. Nash Numbers on the flyers playing with Claude Giroux? Probably not.

Say why you will about Nash, but the dude is talented, and hes essentially had to get every point he has to his name by himself in Columbus. I would love to have him on my team.
Nash is one of the most overrated players in the league. On top of it, the cost to acquire Nash would be astronomical. You're talking about having to rip apart your roster and farm system to acquire him and then you've got to make cap space to fit him in. Not worth the headache at all.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 190
I think your underating Bobrovsky ,, He had bad year but everyone can see the potential and he is young

He is like a young Khabibulin when he was with Russian Wings / Winnipeg Jets

Horrid technique that often saw him go down and give up the top of net

I dont think a 2nd round pick or NHL player is unthinkable (I would love if Hawks picked up Bob for Emery somehow)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Nash is one of the most overrated players in the league.
Nash is a top 20 forward in the league. On any other team, he's probably a consistent PPG player. Overpaid? Definitely, but not by nearly as much as one would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
On top of it, the cost to acquire Nash would be astronomical. You're talking about having to rip apart your roster and farm system to acquire him and then you've got to make cap space to fit him in. Not worth the headache at all.
And this is the reason Nash shouldn't happen. Not only does he take up the cap space, but also chews up the assets that would be better utilized for acquiring defensive (defenseman and/or defensive forwards) help.

You can ALWAYS have more offense, but sometimes the price isn't right when it comes to balancing the roster.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 190
Nash sucks to be honest

Streaky and his effort most nights in defensive end is laughable

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I think your underating Bobrovsky ,, He had bad year but everyone can see the potential and he is young

He is like a young Khabibulin when he was with Russian Wings / Winnipeg Jets

Horrid technique that often saw him go down and give up the top of net

I dont think a 2nd round pick or NHL player is unthinkable (I would love if Hawks picked up Bob for Emery somehow)
You're right, but the reality is that he'll need time to develop into that player... which we unfortunately can't provide him right now. He's probably 2 years of seasoning away from being a stupendous NHL goaltender. I can't see the Flyers giving him the playing time to get there.

It was an awful mistake to keep him up in 2011 and preventing him from being immune to re-entry waivers last season. He'd be so much farther ahead playing every night in the AHL last season.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:32 PM
JayB

Bob + 1st pick + Read + Mezza to Nash.

Or

Bob + Read + 1st pick for Columbus 1st pick and we can take Murray from draft.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote