HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Offseason Trades & FA Acquisitions Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Is that really a fear, or your gut instinct? I am pegging the odds high that we bring in a minimum of one real scrub.
I'm hoping that because they want a player in the 28-32 yr old range,that Snow adds a quality player,still in his prime.

Old
06-05-2012, 11:26 AM
TheIslesFan

vCash: 50
Sounds like Garrison will probably resign in Florida

Old
06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

I'm thinking someone like Brad Boyes can really help us and get signed on the cheap. I know he hasn't come near the numbers he put up a few years ago but lets be honest, if he was we wouldn't have a shot at him. So here is someone that has shown with talent around him he could fill the net, he can play physical and at 30 years old still has something left in the tank. I'm also assuming that we would have to pay about half what he's making this year 1.5-2.0mil per year.

I would like to retain PAP at a reasonable amount also but I think someone is going to pay him quite a bit for numbers that he doesn't fully create himself.

Also I would like to take a flyer on someone like Matt Gilroy (Going to have to make sense money-wise), someone that can find his game but hasn't yet instead of the usual Jurcina, Eaton type. No knock on these players but its obvious we will have to catch lightning in a bottle more than once to be successful with money restraints....going to have to take chances on players that haven't put it all together yet instead of Rolston or Weight that in no way can carry or even help our team.

So far Moulson, Grabner and PAP have come here under the same pretents, I think both Boyes and Gilroy can make an impact on this team. Thoughts?

Old
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
I'm thinking someone like Brad Boyes can really help us and get signed on the cheap. I know he hasn't come near the numbers he put up a few years ago but lets be honest, if he was we wouldn't have a shot at him. So here is someone that has shown with talent around him he could fill the net, he can play physical and at 30 years old still has something left in the tank. I'm also assuming that we would have to pay about half what he's making this year 1.5-2.0mil per year.

I would like to retain PAP at a reasonable amount also but I think someone is going to pay him quite a bit for numbers that he doesn't fully create himself.

Also I would like to take a flyer on someone like Matt Gilroy (Going to have to make sense money-wise), someone that can find his game but hasn't yet instead of the usual Jurcina, Eaton type. No knock on these players but its obvious we will have to catch lightning in a bottle more than once to be successful with money restraints....going to have to take chances on players that haven't put it all together yet instead of Rolston or Weight that in no way can carry or even help our team.

So far Moulson, Grabner and PAP have come here under the same pretents, I think both Boyes and Gilroy can make an impact on this team. Thoughts?
Id take both of them at a reasonable price, but They cant be Snows's first options...

Old
06-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic707 View Post
Sounds like Garrison will probably resign in Florida
Do you have a link to support this?

Old
06-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Id take both of them at a reasonable price, but They cant be Snows's first options...
They can't? More like he has no other choice.

RW Brad Boyes: 2 yr, $1,750,000, $250,000 Bonus
RD Matt Gilroy: 1 yr, $1,000,000

Old
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM
TheIslesFan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Do you have a link to support this?
From ESPN Insider

Quote:
Garrison could re-sign soon

Jason Garrison | Panthers

The Florida Panthers could have defenseman Jason Garrison locked up with a new contract in the next few days.

- Victoria Matiash

Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-05-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Can't posts entire article. Also has a paywall, and violates copyright.
Old
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
JTforPres2012

I don't know if anyone was watching NHL Live but the crew was talking about Zach Parise and if he'll resign with the Devils for next year.

Then, they started throwing out teams and one of the guys go to Doug Weight, "What about the Islanders."

Sadly, for a good 45 seconds, there was laughter from everyone on the panel and even Dougie just shook his head with a big grin on his face.

hahaha story of our lives.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
I don't know if anyone was watching NHL Live but the crew was talking about Zach Parise and if he'll resign with the Devils for next year.

Then, they started throwing out teams and one of the guys go to Doug Weight, "What about the Islanders."

Sadly, for a good 45 seconds, there was laughter from everyone on the panel and even Dougie just shook his head with a big grin on his face.

But at the same time, sad...

Old
06-05-2012, 07:23 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:

Oouuch!!!

Old
06-05-2012, 07:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Hysterical.I can't wait until the isles turn things around and those ****** bag have to gag on it.The way they did after reporting Tavares was gonna bolt when his ELC ended,only to see Tavares sign a 6 yr extension before the 1st contract ended.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:55 PM
rikker

Quote:

wow, what a shock! i think by now, everyone knows that Wang and Snow are in full re-build mode. they publically announced that there will be no big signings. no reason to get upset...

Old
06-06-2012, 01:27 AM
OlTimeHockey

Yeah, it's because of the rebuild.

And that 500 lb guy with the bacon grease t-shirt didn't marry ScarJo because he's shy.

Old
06-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
wow, what a shock! i think by now, everyone knows that Wang and Snow are in full re-build mode. they publically announced that there will be no big signings. no reason to get upset...
Did they announce that before or after they offered big contracts to Martin, Hamhuis, Ehrhoff, etc..?

Old
06-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Ironically, probably the most intelligent, aweinspiring, sportly valid and critically important thing this team could ever do is simply offer each of Parise and Suter 10 million per for 5-7 years (their choice) on July 1st and call it day.

The cap space is easily there and would instantly and automatically put this team on the map for at least the next five years while giving the admittedly good set of young men here EXACTLY the responsibility-providing veteran studs they need to guide and nurture them.

With that one-day swoop of the UFA markets' top two boys, they could simply go about their business with everything else pretty much internally (although I'd have to think that a number of UFAs would then come knocking - at a discount) and let this team grow into a contender over the next few years.

The building blocks for a solid goaltending tandem, a solid group of top 8 defensemen, and four solid lines providing the various roles that every contender needs are pretty much there - now we'd have the character and impact players to put it over the top.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Ironically, probably the most intelligent, aweinspiring, sportly valid and critically important thing this team could ever do is simply offer each of Parise and Suter 10 million per for 5-7 years (their choice) on July 1st and call it day.

The cap space is easily there and would instantly and automatically put this team on the map for at least the next five years while giving the admittedly good set of young men here EXACTLY the responsibility-providing veteran studs they need to guide and nurture them.

With that one-day swoop of the UFA markets' top two boys, they could simply go about their business with everything else pretty much internally (although I'd have to think that a number of UFAs would then come knocking - at a discount) and let this team grow into a contender over the next few years.

The building blocks for a solid goaltending tandem, a solid group of top 8 defensemen, and four solid lines providing the various roles that every contender needs are pretty much there - now we'd have the character and impact players to put it over the top.
Have they implemented the Facebook like button on HFBoards yet? If they have I would be clicking it repeatedly right now.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Yes, please.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:18 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:

If we only had an owner willing to spend some money.

Old
06-06-2012, 12:57 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Sign Schultz and Suter, draft Murray? Add that to Streit, Hamonic, and MacDonald? Epic.

If only, if only...

Old
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Sign Schultz and Suter, draft Murray? Add that to Streit, Hamonic, and MacDonald? Epic.

If only, if only...
If Schultz wants to go to an organization like Edmonton, the Island certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I want to draft Murray but the fact that he is left handed angers me. I won't care when we start winning games though.

Suter? I have no words except ****, ****, boobs, and *****.

Old
06-06-2012, 02:06 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Schultz and Murray is a very strong possibility. Wouldn't play that down just yet.

Old
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
CREW99AW

Do we have any interest, in seeing Snow sign 36 yr old Kuba to a 1 yr deal?It would allow the isles to try to ease their rookies in.

He played over 23 mins a game with the Sens this season.Their gm is hoping one of his prospects steps in at a lower price or Kuba takes a paycut.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post50595735

Part II open for business.