HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Andre Fleury to Hawks at draft

Old
06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Stuy

vCash: 500
Pitts GM said he's the back up. MAF not going anywhere.

06-04-2012, 10:06 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuy View Post
EXACTLY!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
I don't want him.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 04:08 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxen View Post
Wow, some of you people will pick up any overpaid goalie on the market to ruin this team. I'm glad I see some people with some sense in this thread though so all hope is not lost.
Yes because we on this thread determine who the Hawks sign and don't sign.

Any overpaid goalie. So Corey Crawford making 2.67 million a year to be one of the worst goalies in the NHL isn't overpaid?

For as BAD! and TERRIBLE! as Vokoun was last year he had a .917 SV% and 2.51 GAA, if the Hawks had a goalie who put up those numbers they are a top #3 seed and might be playing for a Cup.

Last edited by Sir Psycho T: 06-05-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM
DontToewzMeBro

I'd rather have Crawford.
If roles were reversed we'd all hate Fleury, imagine we still had Niemi and he did that poorly

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Just out of curiosity, if the Pens D killed him, what makes you think the Blackhawks D wouldn't?
The Pens D was non existent in the POs and worse than our D last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarKane88 View Post
Exactly. Fleury would get killed behind Chicago's D.
He wouldn't. Especially in the POs, the Hawks played a good solid D. PITs D got worse than it was in the RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuy View Post
What else should he say?

If he says MAF is done in PIT it will lower his value. Think about longterm. Staal & Crosby will be UFAs after next year, Malkin the year after.
They would have a hard time fitting them all under the Cap with 7+ million for goaltending. Shero loves Staal and is his biggest fan. He will keep him.

Getting a guy like Crawford wouldn't kill the Pens

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

I'd pass on Fleury. He's given up more goals this playoff than Quick has.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:51 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'm even more disgusted on day two of knowing we could have had Vokoun AS BACKUP for only slightly more than Emery but Bowman thinks Emery is better than Vokoun. WTF is going on, this is beyond bizarre.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:34 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'd pass on Fleury. He's given up more goals this playoff than Quick has.
Though different situations and kind of small sample size, that's still pretty brutal.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Though different situations and kind of small sample size, that's still pretty brutal.
Yeah, that is true. I just find it funny because of the number of games played by each.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm even more disgusted on day two of knowing we could have had Vokoun AS BACKUP for only slightly more than Emery but Bowman thinks Emery is better than Vokoun. WTF is going on, this is beyond bizarre.
Bowman is an accountant. Everybody on this board knows more about hockey than him.

ndgt10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Bowman is an accountant. Everybody on this board knows more about hockey than him.
Yeah, there shall be no more talk of "Thank God you aren't GM" blah blah blah, I'd rather have Ronnie Woo Woo as GM of the Hawks, much more competent and stable.

Old
06-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
reread my post. I said he could sit back while his team goes deep, which he has done.

.910 the year he won. If Crawford put up numbers like that, what would you say? He's garbage

Crawford had a .927 last year, but as you said, he is incapable of taking a team past the first round, right?
I read your post fine, and I proved to you he could help his team win, which both a 933sv% and a 910sv% does.
You are insane if you think having a 933sv% while coming within 2 wins of a Cup is 'sitting back' as a goalie.

While a 910sv% is not that great, it shows that he didn't completely crap the bed like the past 3 seasons.

If Crawford had a 910sv% against Phoenix, we probably would of won the series, but he didn't and let in just as soft of goals as Fleury did.
Except Fleury let his goals in against an elite scoring team (Philly), while Crawford couldn't save a beach ball against the offensively challenged Phoenix team.

Last year was a good year for Crawford, but ya, he hasn't gotten his team out of the 1st round yet, and Fleury has more than once.
And don't give me that "look at the team in front of him", arguement. Crawford has just as much talent in front of him as Fleury does.

And something tells me you don't want to bring up regular season stats...I wonder why.

Fleury > Crawford, and you're an idiot if you disagree.

I'm not advocating getting Fleury at all, just simply stating who the better goalie is, and it's obvious, it's Fleury.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I read your post fine, and I proved to you he could help his team win, which both a 933sv% and a 910sv% does.
You are insane if you think having a 933sv% while coming within 2 wins of a Cup is 'sitting back' as a goalie.

While a 910sv% is not that great, it shows that he didn't completely crap the bed like the past 3 seasons.

If Crawford had a 910sv% against Phoenix, we probably would of won the series, but he didn't and let in just as soft of goals as Fleury did.
Except Fleury let his goals in against an elite scoring team (Philly), while Crawford couldn't save a beach ball against the offensively challenged Phoenix team.

Last year was a good year for Crawford, but ya, he hasn't gotten his team out of the 1st round yet, and Fleury has more than once.
And don't give me that "look at the team in front of him", arguement. Crawford has just as much talent in front of him as Fleury does.

And something tells me you don't want to bring up regular season stats...I wonder why.

Fleury > Crawford, and you're an idiot if you disagree.

I'm not advocating getting Fleury at all, just simply stating who the better goalie is, and it's obvious, it's Fleury.
I didn't bring up regular season because we were discussing playoffs. Did you even watch the Pit series? Every 5 hole shot went in.

And yeah, those two years Pitt went to the Final, we defiantly had a better team in front of Crawford these past two years. lololol

seriously?

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 12:07 PM
digdug41982

MAF lost all confidence in the playoffs this year, no question. He has Vezina potential though, great coaching will bring that out. Leave him out on his own, yeah, who knows. I'd like to see Tretiak brought back as a consultant if we acquired a top end talent like Fleury.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I didn't bring up regular season because we were discussing playoffs. Did you even watch the Pit series? Every 5 hole shot went in.

And yeah, those two years Pitt went to the Final, we defiantly had a better team in front of Crawford these past two years. lololol

seriously?
seriously? Did you see the goals Crawford let in? (Boedker breakaway goal beats any goal Fleury let in)

We weren't discussing playoffs, we were discussing who the better goalie is, and it's Fleury.

I didn't say we had a better team, I said we had the same amount of talent. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
MAF lost all confidence in the playoffs this year, no question. He has Vezina potential though, great coaching will bring that out. Leave him out on his own, yeah, who knows. I'd like to see Tretiak brought back as a consultant if we acquired a top end talent like Fleury.
I would like to see an entire new goalie coaching staff no matter who is in net.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Rexy

Quote:
seriously? Did you see the goals Crawford let in? (Boedker breakaway goal beats any goal Fleury let in)

We weren't discussing playoffs, we were discussing who the better goalie is, and it's Fleury.

I didn't say we had a better team, I said we had the same amount of talent. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.
we didn't have the same amount of talent either. Nice try. Go look at the two rosters that Pitt had in those two seasons.

and yes, I saw Crawford let in two bad goals in that series, and I saw MAF let in 4 bad goals each game.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:11 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
I would like to see an entire new goalie coaching staff no matter who is in net.
Agreed, Waite was beyond awful last year. I never even played goal competitively and could identify his poor tactics. We really do need an upgrade there.

What I like most about Tretiak is that he was big on conditioning and maximizing potential. I thought he was a great coach and did a great job with our goalies when we had him in the fold.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Rexy

Quote:
wow, we actually agree on something. I hate the way Waite has the goalies playing behind the redline when the puck is at or behind the redline. It's terrible coaching.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
wow, we actually agree on something. I hate the way Waite has the goalies playing behind the redline when the puck is at or behind the redline. It's terrible coaching.
Not to mention telling Crawford to play way too aggressive which completely threw him off. Crawford is the last guy who should be playing like that. Emery should never leave the blue paint (nevermind the blue paint, how about just the bench) no matter what.

Last edited by digdug41982: 06-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Sarava

Keep it friendly guys...no flaming please.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Leading up to playoffs Crawford had some horrible rebound control. He was also losing the net quite a bit. He was better in the playoffs but then the string of soft goals, two in OT. The game 4 OT goal was just awful.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Cullksinikers

Hey, coldsteel, I understand you're angry, however, did you hear that Vokoun was allowed to "shop around"? It sounded like he may have approached Pittsburgh and Toronto, but Pittsburgh was the only team to give him a two-year deal. Maybe Vokoun didn't even want to come to Chicago. Bowman can't put a gun to his temple and make him put on our sweater.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
To be fair Bowman can't tie his shoes without a lengthy arbitration hearing then overpaying a 40 year old to do it for him.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote