Notices

A question for Minnesota fans

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Vanucks

vCash: 500
A question for Minnesota fans

Let me preface this by saying that I realize that this is now the second thread on your boards started by a Canucks fan, and I'm not trying to incite anyone. But I am curious about something...

I went to the Wild's website to read some post game coverage on the game from last night, and I was pretty surprised to see how much of a grudge you guys seem to have with us. http://www.wild.com/games/?game_id=80

I know it says that the writer is "highly-biased", but still. Nuck fans have definately heard before that the Vancouver/Minny rivalry is a lot bigger for the Wild, but I guess I never realized it was like this.

So my question is, why such a hate for the Canucks? Do all Wild fans feel this way? Vancouver definately considers Minnesota to be somewhat of a rivalry, but not nearly to the extent of teams like Colorado, Edmonto and Calgary.

Old
03-30-2006, 03:32 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
I dont think of it as big as that.

Old
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Chrisd

I don't hate any team in our division....

If there was a team I disliked it's Colorado, because they actually have WON cups recently, but it's hard to hate guys like bruno, sakic and such.

If people hate vancouver, it's not because of their success, because it hasn't trasnslated to the post-season, I think it's more due to some of their guys like ruutu and cooke who leave little to be desired.

Old
03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
ceber

Not all the fans feel that way. Part of it also is the whole "let's have a rivalry" thing that the media as well as the team tries to (in my opinion) manufacture or at least encourage. Dallas was an early one (one the media doesn't seem to want to let go of) like that. Honestly, now that Bertuzzi can't interfere in front of the net to score I think the games don't get as heated or exciting. This season I've found our games against other NW opponents to be more entertaining and have a little more edge to them. Could be just that one team or the other seems to be "off" in their match-ups this season.

Old
03-31-2006, 03:30 PM
The Big E

Well ... I am not among the moderates on this subject. I f***ing hate the Nucks. I don't hate them quite as much as I hate the Toronto Papal Quifes, but ...

I'm so glad you've got inconsistent goaltending. This guarantees you won't go far in the play-offs.

In particular, I hate Ruutu. He's a cheap shot artist. Multiple times a season he does a knee job on someone. Fortunately, most teams in the league are on to him now and are singling him out for special treatment.

Finally, Bertuzzi is a lazy pig. Part of it is his skating style. Its pretty upright and his loafing speed is faster than most guys all out speed. He only contributes if its easy. Once he gets frustrated, he's a big baby and won't work hard. Its fun to watch him get frustrated, cuz when he does he always hurts his team.

While I hate watchin Jovo-Cop sneak down the weakside and score and give bone-crushing hits, I'm also slightly jealous that we've never had a top-rank D-Man. Yet. At least he's hurt and not contributing to you play-off run.

We've had some pretty entertaining tilts with the Nucks and I'm among the many who've begun to hate them over the years. Its all in good fun. Hockey is all about blood, guts and mayhem.

How's that for impartiality and fairness?

The Big E

Old
03-31-2006, 03:41 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
Well ... I am not among the moderates on this subject. I f***ing hate the Nucks. I don't hate them quite as much as I hate the Toronto Papal Quifes, but ...

I'm so glad you've got inconsistent goaltending. This guarantees you won't go far in the play-offs.

In particular, I hate Ruutu. He's a cheap shot artist. Multiple times a season he does a knee job on someone. Fortunately, most teams in the league are on to him now and are singling him out for special treatment.

Finally, Bertuzzi is a lazy pig. Part of it is his skating style. Its pretty upright and his loafing speed is faster than most guys all out speed. He only contributes if its easy. Once he gets frustrated, he's a big baby and won't work hard. Its fun to watch him get frustrated, cuz when he does he always hurts his team.

While I hate watchin Jovo-Cop sneak down the weakside and score and give bone-crushing hits, I'm also slightly jealous that we've never had a top-rank D-Man. Yet. At least he's hurt and not contributing to you play-off run.

We've had some pretty entertaining tilts with the Nucks and I'm among the many who've begun to hate them over the years. Its all in good fun. Hockey is all about blood, guts and mayhem.

The Big E
1. Inconsistent goaltending??? Where have you seen that from Auld thsi year?

2. Where has Ruttu have done a knee on knee. That's maybe Marchment your talking about. I have never seen Ruttu do a "knee job"

3. So you hate another teams player because he is a lazy pig and his skating style?

Just having fun

Old
03-31-2006, 03:46 PM
oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks

2. Where has Ruttu have done a knee on knee. That's maybe Marchment your talking about. I have never seen Ruttu do a "knee job"

:
Ive seen one for sure just forget who it was on..anyone else rember this?

Old
03-31-2006, 04:00 PM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiled
Pronger is cheap. He threw a cheap hit on someone, just forgot who it was on.

Last edited by CrazyCanucks: 03-31-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old
03-31-2006, 04:25 PM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiled
I definetly remember one or two, but I really don't think it was an attempt to injure, it was more one of those things where he lined someone up for a hit, and they dodged it and he just tried to catch them, but only caught the knee, this happens a lot. Sure it's still dirty, but it's not like he's going for the knee in the first place.

I know lots of Canuck fans like to downplay our rivalry with the Wild, and say the Wild play 'boring' hockey, and sure, they play tight defensively, but I find most of the games to be real physical struggles, and those can still be entertaining, and I'm looking forward to tonights game.

Old
03-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Vanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
About as impartial as the original article in question.

Old
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Roswell

my question to you minnesota wild fans is this: how can you be devoted to a team that is so painfully boring to watch? watching a zamboni is more exciting than watching a lemaire-coached team.

i think it is a damn shame that gaborik plays there. he would be a superstar on almost any other team.

Old
03-31-2006, 08:00 PM
oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell
my question to you minnesota wild fans is this: how can you be devoted to a team that is so painfully boring to watch? watching a zamboni is more exciting than watching a lemaire-coached team.

i think it is a damn shame that gaborik plays there. he would be a superstar on almost any other team.
Good idea lets go to another teams message board and tell them how boring their team team is .....Classy!

Old
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
MN_Gopher

I remember, well caught the tail end of the North Stars. And the Blackhawks and Wings rivaries were great. i think alot or some are hung over from those great matchups and are quick to start to something else up. And wasn't Cooke cheap shooting Marshal and breaking his nose that really got all this going. Then if i remember the Nuck fans said a true rivalry only happens in the play offs. That year we beat you guys in the play offs. We are a young franchise and needed a rival. I guess those things just happened and we ran with it. The hockey MN/VAN is no where near anything we have with WI as far as sports go. At least for me.

Old
04-01-2006, 06:28 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell
Your coach disagrees.

Closed Thread