HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Fisher is not a #1 center. Not going to do any good to have Parise and Erat on line one with Fisher as the center.

SK in no way should be back on this team next year.

Halischuk did not earn a third line spot over Horny. Swap.

Only legit 1st line player we have who will be back next year is Erat. ?-?-Erat
Ideal line 2. Bourque-Fisher-Smith
Line 3. Horny-Legwand-Wilson
Do me a favor please. Go to cap geek. Build a lineup that has Pekka, Weber, Suter, Parise and a number one center, and by number one center, one that averages 60 points per year over the last 2 years.. Have at least one vet Dman to go with klein and 2 kids, a 7th dman, and a 13th forward. Please post it. I want to see this dream roster. And keep it where the cap will be-65-66 million

Last edited by token grinder: 06-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Do me a favor please. Go to cap geek. Build a lineup that has Pekka, Weber, Suter, Parise and a number one center, and by number one center, one that averages 60 points per year over the last 2 years.. Have at least one vet Dman to go with klein and 2 kids, a 7th dman, and a 13th forward. Please post it. I want to see this dream roster.
I know this is a trap and wasnt directed at me, but I kinda want to try it now...We'll see how this goes.

Am I allowed to use the tentative 70.3 million cap? Who can I trade? (Fisher? Leggy?)

Old
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think this is spot on. He may pull close to 2 million if he signs through his rfa years. All the guy we overvalue because they are good little plugs-the blums, lindbacks, kostitsyns are not going to be making much more than what they do now. Esp the kids coming off ELC and haven't played a full season, the team has them by the balls as far as contract neg. go.
Im thinking Wilson signs his QO(whatever that is, 1 mil or so?) and plays for a better deal next season.

I cant see him agreeing to multiple years based on this last season...

Old
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Do me a favor please. Go to cap geek. Build a lineup that has Pekka, Weber, Suter, Parise and a number one center, and by number one center, one that averages 60 points per year over the last 2 years.. Have at least one vet Dman to go with klein and 2 kids, a 7th dman, and a 13th forward. Please post it. I want to see this dream roster.
I know its hard to think the Nashville Predators do not have a legit #1 center. We can go to cap geek all day long and look at salaries and dream up rosters. Facts are facts.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I know its hard to think the Nashville Predators do not have a legit #1 center. We can go to cap geek all day long and look at salaries and dream up rosters. Facts are facts.
My question is this. What is Smith develops? What if Smith misses the dreaded sophomore slump?

Old
06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Let's trade some combination of Fisher+Rads+Picks+Blum+Ekholm+Prospects for Krejci. That's not important, just throwing ideas out there.

Erat (4.50)-Krejci(5.250)-Parise(7.500)
Bourque (.618)-Legwand (4.50)-SK (3.00)
Hornqvist (3.083)-Smith (0.9)-Wilson (1.5)
Halischuk (.7125)-Spaling (1.050)-Yip (0.725)
McGrattan (0.600)

Weber (7.500) - Suter (7.500)
Josi (1.00) - Wideman (4.00)
Klein (1.350) - Ellis (1.440)
Bouillion (0.600)

Rinne (7.00)
Lindback (.715)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,844,167; BONUSES: $885,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,455,833

Sorry for it not being in capgeek format, my work computer doesnt do it right. Promise the totals are right. 70.3 is the cap for next year, pending the CBA

Old
06-05-2012, 03:11 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

You talk about true #1 center like the Preds ever had one.

If you go by scoring;

Arnott: headcase and an anti leader.
Ronning: The rat is #2 in offense for the Preds.....nuff sed
Fisher is #3 all time
Johannson: but even then he was used mostly as a LW
Legwand:

To me, the center is like the rover position in the old time NHA 7 man hockey, a 3rd defenseman with good offense.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If we want a #1 center, David Krejci is our man. 5.2 cap hit, constantly gets 60 points, coming from a similar system in Boston, playoff proven, cup winner, expendable due to Bergeron and Seguin, plus Marchard.

Old
06-05-2012, 03:47 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I know this is a trap and wasnt directed at me, but I kinda want to try it now...We'll see how this goes.

Am I allowed to use the tentative 70.3 million cap? Who can I trade? (Fisher? Leggy?)
You see paying 3rd and 4th line talent centers 4+ million as being a problem too? Especially when guys like Patrick Sharp, Derek Roy, Tyler Seguin, Logan Couture, Claude Giroux, and the likes of many others with some not even being the teams top line center???

Old
06-05-2012, 03:50 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
My question is this. What is Smith develops? What if Smith misses the dreaded sophomore slump?
I would not be any happier than to see Smith be are true number 1 center. He definately has the the killer instinct. If he is used right and not put with 3rd and 4th line players playing on the 1st and 2nd lines. He is probably are only hope looking at the teams past with centers.

Old
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
You see paying 3rd and 4th line talent centers 4+ million as being a problem too? Especially when guys like Patrick Sharp, Derek Roy, Tyler Seguin, Logan Couture, Claude Giroux, and the likes of many others with some not even being the teams top line center???
Wait....did you just call Leggy and Fisher #3 and 4 centers?

Old
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I agree that they aren't #1 centers, but I also know they arent that bad.... I think that if we can get a true #1 guy, they would be awesome as #2 and 3.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im thinking Wilson signs his QO(whatever that is, 1 mil or so?) and plays for a better deal next season.

I cant see him agreeing to multiple years based on this last season...
Wilson's QO would be $826,875

Old
06-05-2012, 05:39 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
I agree that they aren't #1 centers, but I also know they arent that bad.... I think that if we can get a true #1 guy, they would be awesome as #2 and 3.
Neither one are 4th line centers i agree, but they are not 2nd line centers either. Both would be very effective 3rd line centers IMO and that is the problem. Legwand was #2 last year and looked awful way to many times. If your going to be a 1 or 2 line center you need to be a threat to score not be on a one track mind to pass the puck away

Old
06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
NoNecksCurse

legwand and fisher imo are "tweeners" of 2nd/3rd line... sometimes you think they are a perennial all star.. then theres quite a bit of times when you double take to make sure it wasn't smithson missing the net, losing the puck, etc.

i just think they are playing a line too high. legwand as #2, fisher #3 .. and don't underestimate matchups.. teams prepare for them as #1 & #2 centers. a first line center would do them wonders.

they dont grow on trees as we know.. and im very confident in saying I dont expect to have one come september either...

Old
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
token grinder

Quote:

it wasn't a trap. Anyone can do it. I tried doing it, and without having a bunch of either kids on ELC or trading a core member, it is a hard thing to do. It is easy to say we need this and that, but much harder to actually put the pen to paper and figure it out. My point is this isn't a video game. We aren't gonna magically trade a first and wilson and land stamkos.

Other thing you have to think through too is signing these kids as they develop.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

David Krejci is a great target. Exactly the kind of player we need as a first line center. I would call and ask what the price is for a guy like him. My guess is Wilson + which in the long run isn't that bad as Wilson just isn't cutting it here. I wonder if JVR is available from the flyers? Have to say I am a bit amused by Brown's success in the playoffs. I had so many people on here screaming at me when I suggested we move heaven and earth for him when it was rumored he was on the block.

Ultimately with Rads departure + impending Suter departure + possible AK and maybe SK departure + Guastad + Gill + possibly Tootoo.

You are looking at a whole different team next year. Expect massive turnover. I wonder if we will see a lot of Philly like deals. Build a solid prospect core and hope Pekka can carry the load.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 06-06-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old
06-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Krejci is inconsistent and very frustrating, but has more offensive talent than anyone on the current roster. I would like to see him on the Preds.

Old
06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Ultimately with Rads departure + impending Suter departure + possible AK and maybe SK departure + Guastad + Gill + possibly Tootoo.

You are looking at a whole different team next year. Expect massive turnover. I wonder if we will see a lot of Philly like deals. Build a solid prospect core and hope Pekka can carry the load.
If all the above bolded happens, which appears probable, I can't imagine you get Weber to sign on the dotted line, so don't you have to blow it all up and start over?

If all those players leave, I don't see us icing near as good a team next season as we did the season just past, and I don't see any benefit to the Shea Weber farewell tour. Trade him now while we can get some major assets.

If we can land a boatload of picks/players for Weber, maybe a pick for Rads rights, and hit the jackpot on a few picks, we could turn this thing around quickly.

I've said it dozen's of times on here - teams like ours operate in windows, and Suter closes this one when he walks on July 1. The only question is how long before it opens again.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The team was pretty good without AK, Gaustad, or Gill. Tootoo is terribly inconsistent, but a good forward when he is on his game. Losing Suter would be the biggest blow (obviously), but we already have a number 1 defenseman in Weber. Even if all of those guys leave (possible), I don't see the team needing a rebuild. You go out and find a defenseman who is somewhere between a 2-4 who can eat a ton of minutes, replace SK (which could potentially be done from within, but if not there is plenty of money to spend), and fill some holes.

This team is too young to need a rebuild.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I don't think "rebuild" is the right word. "Youth movement" is better. Look at the Flyers this off-season. Sure, they shipped off two awesome players in Carter and Richards, but I wouldn't say that was a rebuild. We need to try to get guys like Voracek and Schenn right now. That age, that skill level, that phase in their development. We don't need prospects, we need young NHLers.

Let's say Weber won't sign, in addition to Suter, Tootoo, Goose, Radulov, AK, and Gill all leaving. (In all of the following proposals, dont focus on specific players, just the type of guy I'm looking at.) Trade the rights of any of the above for whatever we can get. Trade Weber for, say, McDonagh+Stepan, SK for Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson, and Fisher+Lindback for JVR.

Give the young guys playing time.

Wilson-Stepan-Erat
MPS-Smith-JVR
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Halischuk-Spaling-Latta
McG

McDonagh-Josi
Blum-UFA
Ellis-Ekholm

Rinne
UFA

Does that team make the playoffs this coming year? Probably not, but it'd be close. But the point is, we set ourselves up to be true competitors in 3 years when McD, Josi, Blum, Ellis, Stepan, Wilson, Smith, JVR, and MPS all hit their prime with Rinne in net.

Not a rebuild, a movement toward younger, more talented players. Quick turnaround.

And I'm not great with value, so, like I said, dont worry about specific players, the point is that guys like JVR, MPS, and McDonagh are at the stage of their development I'm looking for. Those trades may or may not be fair, they're just quick ideas. Other guys that I think could be had and would be perfect for our team: Yandle/Rundblad, MDZ/Staal, Colbourne, Hagelin, and Burmistrov,

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 06-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Legionnaire11

Would LOVE McDonagh and Stepan. McD would be first pairing, but i'm afraid Stepan wouldn't live up to fan expectations, he'd be another 2nd/3rd line C that was expected to be the 1st line savior

Old
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
token grinder

Quote:
I don't think "rebuild" is the right word. "Youth movement" is better. Look at the Flyers this off-season. Sure, they shipped off two awesome players in Carter and Richards, but I wouldn't say that was a rebuild. We need to try to get guys like Voracek and Schenn right now. That age, that skill level, that phase in their development. We don't need prospects, we need young NHLers.

Let's say Weber won't sign, in addition to Suter, Tootoo, Goose, Radulov, AK, and Gill all leaving. (In all of the following proposals, dont focus on specific players, just the type of guy I'm looking at.) Trade the rights of any of the above for whatever we can get. Trade Weber for, say, McDonagh+Stepan, SK for Magnus Paajarvi-Svenson, and Fisher+Lindback for JVR.

Give the young guys playing time.

Wilson-Stepan-Erat
MPS-Smith-JVR
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Halischuk-Spaling-Latta
McG

McDonagh-Josi
Blum-UFA
Ellis-Ekholm

Rinne
UFA

Does that team make the playoffs this coming year? Probably not, but it'd be close. But the point is, we set ourselves up to be true competitors in 3 years when McD, Josi, Blum, Ellis, Stepan, Wilson, Smith, JVR, and MPS all hit their prime with Rinne in net.

Not a rebuild, a movement toward younger, more talented players. Quick turnaround.

And I'm not great with value, so, like I said, dont worry about specific players, the point is that guys like JVR, MPS, and McDonagh are at the stage of their development I'm looking for. Those trades may or may not be fair, they're just quick ideas. Other guys that I think could be had and would be perfect for our team: Yandle/Rundblad, MDZ/Staal, Colbourne, Hagelin, and Burmistrov,
will that lineup even hit the cap floor? I would venture that is roughly a 44 million dollar team.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
will that lineup even hit the cap floor? I would venture that is roughly a 44 million dollar team.
That crossed my mind too. If we need to, we can always make a few signings like Florida did this offseason to add depth, if a little overpaid.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Broom of the System

Poile says AK wont be back.

Closed Thread