HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who will be Therrien's assistants

Old
06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You need a very good d-man coach in Hamilton right now. And to replace Therrien in 3 years....you need a franco coach instead of Jodoin who will never coach the Habs. So there's a lot of things to do, as far as I'm concerned in Hamilton and in Montreal.
Any chance of Benoit Groulx coming to coach Hamilton? You've also spoken about another rising 'star' coach from the Q, but his name escapes me.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Any chance of Benoit Groulx coming to coach Hamilton? You've also spoken about another rising 'star' coach from the Q, but his name escapes me.
His name shouldn't escape you....Réjean Houle's son....Jean-François Houle. He is my candidate for the Dogs right now. At worst, name him assistant to Jodoin so he'd take the coaching job next year.

As far as Groulx is concerned, it's mind boggling to see what he wants to do. Seemed at one point that he doesn't want to move that much, maybe only for Montreal. But I would give him the Dogs job for sure.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
His name shouldn't escape you....Réjean Houle's son....Jean-François Houle. He is my candidate for the Dogs right now. At worst, name him assistant to Jodoin so he'd take the coaching job next year.

As far as Groulx is concerned, it's mind boggling to see what he wants to do. Seemed at one point that he doesn't want to move that much, maybe only for Montreal. But I would give him the Dogs job for sure.
Yeah, that clicks now, completely blanked before. Thanks.

Anything wrong with Jodoin, or is it just that he's pretty old? He seemed to do more with a depleted Hamilton roster than I expected him to.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Yeah, that clicks now, completely blanked before. Thanks.

Anything wrong with Jodoin, or is it just that he's pretty old? He seemed to do more with a depleted Hamilton roster than I expected him to.
I'm not downgrading how he's doing his job. My main point is that with the criteria we all know and adore, we HAVE to groom franco coaches in the AHL. We just need to in order to have MORE options when it will be time to replace whoever.

Old
06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Pierre McGurie.... a healthy insight of player info so when we play opposing teams he can give the players a breakdown of their family trees and what year and position they were drafted in.

He can also state the obvious on the ice.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
elsubz

Next topic: ''Who will be the waterboy?''

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Pierre McGurie.... a healthy insight of player info so when we play opposing teams he can give the players a breakdown of their family trees and what year and position they were drafted in.

He can also state the obvious on the ice.
He could also remain between the benches and do colour commentary through the arena's PA system.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Brandon Dubinsky!!!

Old
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He could also remain between the benches and do colour commentary through the arena's PA system.
............no more Bob Cole then

Old
06-05-2012, 05:36 PM
ClasslessGuy

Groulx said he would be back in Gatineau next here + He don't want to go in the AHL

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Don't worry for Groulx guys. Bergevin said Price would have a word on if he wants to keep Groulx or not. He doesn't have the final decision, but IMO its pretty much the final decision if you want to keep the guy happy with the team. I think Therrien will choose Robinson (if available), Clément Jodoin and he may keep one the Randy's (probably Ladouceur)

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Clumsyhab

As much as I dislike Carbo as a head coach, I think he would be a perfect assistant coach, especially with the Habs.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
As much as I dislike Carbo as a head coach, I think he would be a perfect assistant coach, especially with the Habs.
Carbo is a perfect assistant coach, 100% agreed. He's a player coach. I think he would be a perfect addition.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
That we know already....Scott Gomez.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Carbo is a perfect assistant coach, 100% agreed. He's a player coach. I think he would be a perfect addition.
Well that's strange 'cause it does seem that as a coach, he has no communication whatsover, but then he finds it when he's assistant. That's surely his ego talking.

Old
06-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
GO MARTIN LAPOINTE.... (at least i'd be able to say i know personnaly an assistant coach with the Montreal Canadiens)

I know Martin as a relationship with Bergevin but is he any close with Therrien

is older son his playing a good level of hockey, he stop being a pro scout for the Hawks to be more at home and watching his kid. Unless the kid career is already over, i don't see why Marty would come here to coach... (It's not like he needs the money, he still has some of that Bruins green in his bank acount)

That being said, as a third assistant upstairs during game and for the practice, why not, but definetly not as Therrien right hand man....

I do not think the job of assistant coach would be the best for him but hiring Lapointe as director of player's development would be a good step in the right direction. A guy that would travel and keep an eye on our prospects, help them during the season. Something that has not happened in a while.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Well that's strange 'cause it does seem that as a coach, he has no communication whatsover, but then he finds it when he's assistant. That's surely his ego talking.
I heard so many interviews today that I can't remember who it was (perhaps Louis Jean?) but it was said that Carbonneau wasn't willing to put in the hours needed to be a successful head coach when he was at the helm in Montreal.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Nope. He confirmed yesterday in Gatineau that's he's staying for another season.

Something tells me that he got interviewed. Because he waited a long time before confirming the info.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
I do not think the job of assistant coach would be the best for him but hiring Lapointe as director of player's development would be a good step in the right direction. A guy that would travel and keep an eye on our prospects, help them during the season. Something that has not happened in a while.
You want to fire Scott Mellanby already??

Old
06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
You want to fire Scott Mellanby already??
Actually, Mellanby is the Director Of Player Personnel.

While we're on this topic, can anyone explain the difference between DOPP and DOPD? Timmins still holds the position of DOPD.

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Actually, Mellanby is the Director Of Player Personnel.

While we're on this topic, can anyone explain the difference between DOPP and DOPD? Timmins still holds the position of DOPD.
Mellanby's position of director of player personnel was described in the Gazette last week as basically the same thing as the director of player development that the poster described and wants Lapointe to take on....overseeing our prospects.

Mellanby's position was created to take a little bit off Timmins plate so he can strictly work on the amateur draft.

Old
06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

DOes anyone recall the last time the Habs had an outstanding coaching staff? my engrams on the subject have faded. All I can remember are the duds, Therrien included. Maybe Boucher will be available within 2 years.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

One guy I wouldn't mind for assistant coach if Larry wouldn't join would be JJ Daigneault who coachs in the AHL and aparantly doing a pretty good job. He would be solid for the Ds.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 12:45 AM
shutehinside

I'd love to see Robinson and Carbo as assistance. Get assistants with as much head coaching experience as humanly possibly to try and mitigate the damage Therrien will inflict on the Habs!

LaPointe is a pos who used the Habs to get a sweet deal and than sat on his ass and did nothing after getting paid the big bucks. Yes, very inspirational if I'm a player who's being coached by him.

Last edited by shutehinside: 06-06-2012 at 01:32 AM.
shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 05:52 AM
MrNasty

"Originally Posted by MrNasty
I can't possibly be the first to have seen this. You guys must be too distracted. McKenzie is reporting (on the TSN Insider video) that Martin Lapointe WILL be a part of the organization. It is up to him whether he will be an assistant coach (willing to move his family) or be in a director of player development role."

This was posted yesterday in the now closed "List of candidates" thread and somehow has been missed on here. There is no question Martin Lapointe will be with this team. So I would disagree that the director of player personnel is the same as director of player development.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote