HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Torts on Costas tonight at 11pm on NBCSN

Old
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
EEDAWGZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Wow, Gabby was a little ***** when joined the Rangers(wanting days off, thinking he did'nt need to practice). I'm all for Radulov now that I heard that.
In defense of Gabs ,Torts whipped him into shape , now he apparently stays late at practices. But to think he once thought this way is disgusting

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
could Bob Costas questions be any longer? I'm surprised Torts could focus on the question long enough to answer them.

That's Costas. He's great at waxing poetic in a monologue, but he's a namby-pamby interviewer that's always self editing to make his questions as inoffensive as possible. And he's one of the 99% of sportscasters who know nothing about hockey and care less.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Oh, finally a useful question. Torts didn't know about Gabby's injury until after the playoffs and is giving him props now.
A coach doesn't know one of his key players is injured...... WTF is that?

He has to be kidding right?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
The whole shot blocking drama is moronic. Why doesn't the league just make a rule banning players from skating backwards, that would help increase scoring!
Or even better! Make the butterfly style illegal because the goalie covers too much of the net!

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 08:37 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
A coach doesn't know one of his key players is injured...... WTF is that?

He has to be kidding right?
I read that nobody knew what his injury was until they did the exit medicals.

On Hockey Night in Canada, Glenn Healy said of the situation “Gaborik has to have shoulder surgery and he hurt it in game four against Ottawa and everyone is all over Tortorella because he was critical of him but Tortorella is not a mobile MRI machine that is able to resonance imaging to be able to see what is wrong with Gaborik, it was only in the exit medical that they found out that this problem existed and Tortorella didn’t know about it. They knew there was a small issue, but not as big as what Gaborik is going through now.”

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I read that nobody knew what his injury was until they did the exit medicals.

On Hockey Night in Canada, Glenn Healy said of the situation “Gaborik has to have shoulder surgery and he hurt it in game four against Ottawa and everyone is all over Tortorella because he was critical of him but Tortorella is not a mobile MRI machine that is able to resonance imaging to be able to see what is wrong with Gaborik, it was only in the exit medical that they found out that this problem existed and Tortorella didn’t know about it. They knew there was a small issue, but not as big as what Gaborik is going through now.”
Yeah, I realized after that it makes sense if no one in the organization realized it was as bad as it was.

When I first saw the interview I mistakenly thought that the medical staff and maybe others knew, but somehow Tortorella didn't.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:35 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
That's Costas. He's great at waxing poetic in a monologue, but he's a namby-pamby interviewer that's always self editing to make his questions as inoffensive as possible. And he's one of the 99% of sportscasters who know nothing about hockey and care less.
Completely false.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote