HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Preds sever ties to Radulov. Looking to trade rights

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
sureloss

vCash: 50
Preds sever ties to Radulov. Looking to trade rights

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Quote:
“We feel the fit right now is not with Nashville,” Poile said. “He is currently in negotiations in the KHL, but still leaving the window open to a possible return to the NHL. I have reached out to a few teams in the NHL to see whether there is any interest. If there is there’s the possibility we could trade his rights. But that’s where it stands today.”

Old
06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
66-29-33

vCash: 500
To Pens for Malkin wing. They are buddies and all.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
El Duderino

The cost to trade for him can't be very high can it (given all the uncertainty surrounding him going to the KHL)? I think that there could be interest for his rights if the price is low enough - potentially a low risk, medium reward move.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:09 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I'd offer them back their 2012 2nd rounder, if I was Bergevin. Conditional on him re-signing.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Ugh. This guy seems like such an a-hole. I don't care how talented he is, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:11 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
He'll head for the KHL, I'm sure. I can't see any NHL GM offering anything of value for him.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I'd offer them back their 2012 2nd rounder, if I was Bergevin. Conditional on him re-signing.
For rights to a player who's talking about heading back to the K? That won't happen, he'll get a 7th for him.

Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I'd do that. But I am not sure he'd stay in the NHL very long anyhow

Old
DontgoZiggy

Gotta feel sorry for preds fans, that sux. I hope he vanishes off to the KHL.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:13 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Sounds to me like he's going to the KHL based on Poile's quote. I think it was unlikely any NHL team would come close to the contract he'd get in the KHL, and the only way he'd be staying here was if there was some other reason that he didn't want to go back there. From the sounds of it, the KHL is his first choice, and the NHL is either a backup plan or being used for additional leverage in negotiating his KHL deal.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:13 PM
WTFMAN99

a 7th rounder, which is upgraded to a 2nd if he re-signs would be fair value to most teams I think.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:15 PM
SIDGENO8771

Pens offer Tangradi

Old
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM
CSimpson18

People like Radulov piss me off. All the talent in the world but a massive sense of entitlement and no loyalty other than to himself. I hope he goes to russia and we never hear of him over here again. He's really done a disservice to all the Russian kids who want to play in the best league in the world in the future. The "russian factor" becomes more and more of a concern in the minds of NHL GMs every time the name Radulov is spoken.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:19 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
People like Radulov piss me off. All the talent in the world but a massive sense of entitlement and no loyalty other than to himself. I hope he goes to russia and we never hear of him over here again. He's really done a disservice to all the Russian kids who want to play in the best league in the world in the future. The "russian factor" becomes more and more of a concern in the minds of NHL GMs every time the name Radulov is spoken.
I think you may be vilifying him just a bit too much. Money talks, and in his case particularly, I don't think any team was coming close to the contract he'd earn in the KHL. This isn't the case of a guy like Tarasenko turning down $2m in the KHL to take $1m+bonuses in the NHL. Radulov is likely to earn millions more in the KHL as their marquee player. Disappointing, no doubt, but it must be difficult to turn down that much money.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:19 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
To Pens for Malkin wing. They are buddies and all.
Sometimes Hf gives me the impression Malkin is buddies with every Russian on the planet. It's like Russia is one huge hockey playing, pot smoking, vodka drinking, happy commune run by Malkin in Ovechkin instead of country with 140 million people.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
I totally agree. You like to think "the russian factor" is overblown and no one would really be that selfish, unafraid of tarnishing their public image then bam...this happens. Don't Think anyone will be giving "rads" the benefit of the doubt anymore, and with his history i can't imagine many gm's wanting to take arisk on him due to the locker room.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:21 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Its too bad because I know Poile will be a tool and instead of doing what McPhee did with Vokoun, let him talk, I think Poile will do nothing worth of note and he just ends up saying **** it and goes to the KHL.

All I know is I want him on the Caps and if Poile doesn't find him useful, the possibility of Nashville being in the South East shouldn't bother him. I think the Capitals have the better chances of resigning of him any team out there.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Well put. We have Russians who want to be here, and then we have clowns like this guy who give them all a bad name by bolting to the KHL because they only care about money and being #1.

Good riddance Radulov - and this is coming from a Red Wings fan. Sorry to see Nashville lose his talent, but they're better off without his attitude.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:25 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I think you may be vilifying him just a bit too much. Money talks, and in his case particularly, I don't think any team was coming close to the contract he'd earn in the KHL. This isn't the case of a guy like Tarasenko turning down $2m in the KHL to take $1m+bonuses in the NHL. Radulov is likely to earn millions more in the KHL as their marquee player. Disappointing, no doubt, but it must be difficult to turn down that much money.
Especially when you haven't earned it. His attitude flies in the face of everything i love about my favorite sport and my favorite players. His only passion is for the dollar.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:26 PM
TOML

His return to Nashville?

Less than glorious.

TOML

Old
06-05-2012, 06:27 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Sometimes Hf gives me the impression Malkin is buddies with every Russian on the planet. It's like Russia is one huge hockey playing, pot smoking, vodka drinking, happy commune run by Malkin in Ovechkin instead of country with 140 million people.
That's silly, Malkin drinks OJ, not Vodka. I was being sarcastic with that post, anyway. All that "He's buddys with Crosby/Malkin" that goes around this board, felt like taking it to them this time.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:31 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Their top end players make around 5-6. The key is 13% tax rate vs 33% plus state taxes.

People forget, that sometimes people want to be around the culture they were around for at least 18 years of their life.

Old
06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
The Note
Unable To Even

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Well time to cancel my study abroad plans then

Old
06-05-2012, 06:38 PM
semin4captain

Radulov for Jussi Jokinen

Old
06-05-2012, 06:39 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Sather will sign him
Book it

The price will be something like a 4th with some conditions ( if he resigns) plus eventually a prospect. Maybe add in MZAs RFA option as well.
He will sign one year for 4 million. Or around that
Watch...

Closed Thread